Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
EXODUS GODS AND KINGS --6/10

Its purely an average on the rail movie. It is not a movie which can acquire the status of a trade mark Rid Scott masterpiece. Visuals are amazing, events are scrupulously designed, but the insufficiency of a powerful substance throws the movie into a facile linear curve.

I wont spoil anything with the contents and its effectiveness upon designated audience, but i would say, Scott Free have given us marvels, this movie does not come a mile near to any of that. I had some internet exhilaration about this movie to be another Gladiator and stuff, but NO! never. The stage, time and conviction the movie has so tried to imply has miserably failed, why? because of its display of some really really bad acting by people....one will immediately feel that the dialogues and the way those were executed has taken the purpose and appeal of the movie to a substandard level.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Bang Bang5.5/10
There was nothing called story in this movie. During the first half it looked a pakao movie. First Krish3 and now Bang Bang I'm not sure if Hritik will do any good movies if these movies become hits

Last edited:

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Darr
Never saw it completely until now. Good movie.
I have only one doubt how could rahul say kiran without any problem while singing jadoo teri nazaar...:D

People who stutter while talking can sing perfectly well. Speech and singing is controlled by different parts of the brain.

Singing and Stuttering: What We Know | Stuttering Foundation: A Nonprofit Organization Helping Those Who Stutter

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Two animated movies from Shinkai. Both are less than an hour watch. Watch it in 1080p.

5 Centimeters per second - A new benchmark in 2d animation. The story is brilliantly told about ordinary lives.

*i.imgur.com/qeDeDON.jpg

*i.imgur.com/iYWIke6.jpg

Garden of Words - Animation quality is as good as it can get. Best in class. Better than anything I have seen. It's a heart warming tale.

*i.imgur.com/nSOjbwz.png

*i.imgur.com/jbLx9QB.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Sarfarosh again.

I'm slightly overrating it a bit, 10/10.

Has to be Aamir Khan's best movie.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION]: I watch 5 Centimeters per second whenever I feel like watching it. It's always feels fresh. There's something about it that captivates my attention. Every frame feels portrait.

Will watch Garden of Words.

icebags

Technomancer
i knew, eventually this list would come out ..... :(

Top Movies of 2014 | Best of 2014 - IMDb

how many u ppl covered ? me 50% :eek:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Watched Sarfarosh again.

I'm slightly overrating it a bit, 10/10.

Has to be Aamir Khan's best movie.

I was just thinking about what may be Aamir Khan's best movies. I was thinking Lagaan, Rangeela etc.
But I realised that there is something called Sarfarosh. Absolute gem.
Pity that the director couldn't live up to his expectations later on.
Hoping for Sarfarosh2. That's the only movie which Aamir Khan admitted can have a sequel from his movies.

ashs1

Padawan
Sarfarosh is a pretty realistic movie.. His role as a IPS officer was fantastic..
P.s : Salim in Sarfarosh is bulla in gunda.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Amir Khan's best movie?
has to be Andaz Apna Apna

This seems to be like the story that inspired Happy New Year
Fascinating, but could do with a dance competition
The Untold Story of the World's Biggest Diamond Heist

R2K

In the Zone
Wind Chill

Crap.
They could very well save themselves from the cold if the covered themselves with all the clothes and everything they got with them. But of course characters gotta be dumb as **** in horror movies

quan chi

mortal kombat
The goonies

Maybe good for children. Too much overacting with average editing & direction. The film has a good story but it was not executed well.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Initial reviews of PK don't seem to be too flattering.
seriously?

I watched PK last night. 9pm show @ Rs. 50 in a local theater which usually shows Telugu/Kannada movies.

Brilliant movie. Rajkumar Hirani's own take at 'Oh my god!' But a brilliant one it is. Seriously. Go watch it.

Top Bottom