Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
^ it's raining time travel movies these days. some more interesting movies to come in coming months. :D

No one discussing about the new Jurassic Park movie? :D

u mean Jurassic world ? that's what happens when people don't learn from their past !
:D

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
One Hour Photo (2002) - Robin Williams, what a good movie and great performance by great actor, must watch for photo enthusiast people

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Saw Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 today. The glamor shown in first two parts is gone. And this film basically does nothing except laying the premise for the next part. No short recap was done in the starting which I was hoping for. The movie started of where the 2nd part ended. And continued at a slow pace and felt dragged.

I think splitting the 3rd chapter in two sub parts was unnecessary and was only motivated to cash in at the cost of fan following of Hunger Games.

There were only 13 other viewers in the morning show where I went (some Big Cinema) on opening weekend. I was surprised by the response. Don't think it will attract much viewers in later shows. Desperately hoping for the final chapter where I hope the mockingjays would actually fight the Capitol.

Flash

Lost in speed
@shreeux : How about writing a line or two about, what you liked/dislike about the movie?
Ratings are just a measure, not what you thought/felt.

polupoka

In the zone
Saw Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 today. The glamor shown in first two parts is gone. And this film basically does nothing except laying the premise for the next part. No short recap was done in the starting which I was hoping for. The movie started of where the 2nd part ended. And continued at a slow pace and felt dragged.

I think splitting the 3rd chapter in two sub parts was unnecessary and was only motivated to cash in at the cost of fan following of Hunger Games.

There were only 13 other viewers in the morning show where I went (some Big Cinema) on opening weekend. I was surprised by the response. Don't think it will attract much viewers in later shows. Desperately hoping for the final chapter where I hope the mockingjays would actually fight the Capitol.
THANX! I will skip this movie and download it! :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 : Utter Bullcrap of a movie. did they use the remaining footage of the first two parts which didn't make it to the movie or did they just add special effects to the Audition tape? Movie full of flaws, there was no story, heck, even a story of how I reached the theater to watch the movie would be even better.

Just rewatch the first "The Hunger Games", and forget they made the rest of the movies.

2/10 - 0.5 point for Hoffman voice, 0.5 for Jeffrey Wright voice, one for the scene which made come forward just for a second.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ :p

As I said, it just lays the premise. I agree that the movie was crap. The only justice it tried to do was probably to book readers for whom this part maybe important.
BUT, this part doesn't answer any questions from the past movies and arise no curiosity for the final chapter. And that is why it's one big let down.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have tried watching Firefly, I always asleep within 10 minutes of watching.
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] would agree to ban you for this. Firefly is one of the coolest shows on earth. People like you made the show getting the response it got initially when it aired. And hence it was cancelled after 1st season. :x

Don't take it personally. :p

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] would agree to ban you for this. Firefly is one of the coolest shows on earth. People like you made the show getting the response it got initially when it aired. And hence it was cancelled after 1st season. :x

Nope, not at all, I like Nathan Fillion, mainly because of Castle I have watched every episode.

quan chi

mortal kombat
I hope you watched Serenity after watching Firefly series.

No. Although I read about it before watching the move but haven't seen it yet. Actually I don't like serials much. Last time I tried watching one & it didn't go well.

Btw Thanks for the suggestion.:) Since the movie was good I may see the series.

- - - Updated - - -

A Clockwork orange
Good social & political satire. Some meanings are a bit difficult to get. Nevertheless in the end you will have some idea on what the movie wants to say.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
A Clockwork orange
Good social & political satire. Some meanings are a bit difficult to get. Nevertheless in the end you will have some idea on what the movie wants to say.

^^ That movie was awesome.

Eraserhead - 6.8/10
Like David Lynch's other movies this one is weird too. But I liked it. I like the way he uses music to create the eerie feeling.

$hadow

Geek in making
Guys need some input on following genres
1. Action movie
2. Comedy movie
3. Thriller.
Looks like I am away from movies for a long time. Catching up lot of tv shows :mrgreen:

icebags

Technomancer

i also fell asleep every time tried to watch it, but i still have not lost hope, i m sure i will be able to watch the complete show.....someday .....
[MENTION=6966]sam9s[/MENTION] fighting !

ajayritik

Technomancer
Action Jackson: (- 10)/10
This is one pathetic movie and this is coming from an Ajay Devgn Fan.
There is hardly anything good about this movie. If you really dig into maybe around 5- 10 mins of comedy that's it.
So disappointing to watch actors like Ajay Devgn doing these kind of crap. There is no script to talk about.
One of the worse movies I watched in Theater.
Good news there will be no Ajay Devgn movie releasing next year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom