Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Action Jackson -10/10
This is one pathetic movie and this is coming from an Ajay Devgn Fan.
There is hardly anything good about this movie. If you really dig into maybe around 5- 10 mins of comedy that's it.
So disappointing to watch actors like Ajay Devgn doing these kind of crap. There is no script to talk about.
One of the worse movies I watched in Theater.
Good news there will be no Ajay Devgn movie releasing next year.

Then why the 10/10? :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Few movies I've watched in the past....

The Possession of Michael King 5.5/10

The movie started really well, then fell in the usual horror theme. Watch it for the first 45 minutes. Its worth it.

The Maze Runner 7/10

Suddenly a flood of these pretentious movies. A lot similar like "Divergent" and a lot other post-apocalyptic movies. Starts well then falls in formula.

Stonehearst Asylum 7/10

A very good movie from the perspective of cinematography. Concept matches with
Shutter Island
. Good performances by everyone.
Check it out.

Predestination 9/10

Holy mother of time travel movies! It feels good that in the age of pretentious and hollow movies we get such a mindfcuk movie.
Highly recommended.

And that song in the jukebox "I'm my own grandpa" almost brought tears in my eyes!

- - - Updated - - -

When the game stands tall 5/10

Boring movie.

Last edited:

RBX

In the zone
So disappointing to watch actors like Ajay Devgn doing these kind of crap.
IKR! I'm a huge fan of his The Legend of Bhagat Singh, and find him excellent in roles of police and military personnel. It's a shame how some directors viz. Rohit Shetty, Sajid Khan, Farah Khan, and Prabhu Deva have been ruining the Bollywood. Good actors need to stop working in their crap, and people need to stop going to theater to be robbed.

ajayritik

Technomancer
IKR! I'm a huge fan of his The Legend of Bhagat Singh, and find him excellent in roles of police and military personnel. It's a shame how some directors viz. Rohit Shetty, Sajid Khan, Farah Khan, and Prabhu Deva have been ruining the Bollywood.
Also in gangster roles . Example Company and Once Upon A time in Mumbai.
Too be very honest from the list you mentioned atleast some of the movies of these directors are atleast passable. But none of Prabhu Deva's movies are tolerable.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Exists 6/10

A hand-held camera movie on Big-foot. Clisched approach and the tree in car scene in poster didn't happen!

- - - Updated - - -

Jessabelle 5/10

Average horror movie.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I used to think company and all are good movies until I watched gangs of wassepur. that is now like the holy grail of "gang crime" movies for me

ajayritik

Technomancer
COMPLETELY AGREE ....... I mean I cant find words to make myself more agreeable......... The legend of bhagat singh is an example other examples include Gangajal, Company. He was ruthless in that movie ....... pity money matters more than talent
I think it's true with all the top actors in Hindi movies(Bollywood) except for maybe some Aamir Khan movies. Future movies of SRK also don't look promising to me.
Too be very honest I think except for Raj Kumar Hirani I don't see any director who can deliver meaningful cinema with balance of entertainment and message.

polupoka

In the zone
I think it's true with all the top actors in Hindi movies(Bollywood) except for maybe some Aamir Khan movies. Future movies of SRK also don't look promising to me.
Too be very honest I think except for Raj Kumar Hirani I don't see any director who can deliver meaningful cinema with balance of entertainment and message.
I think you ignored imtiaz ali! For me bollywood nolan : )

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
There are very good movies by Indian directors that are not mass market, and are screened in the festival circuit
even well known film makers make these, so it's not always independent films
The Blue Umbrella by Vishal Bhardwaj was pretty good, not sure if it ever got a proper release

ajayritik

Technomancer
There are very good movies by Indian directors that are not mass market, and are screened in the festival circuit
even well known film makers make these, so it's not always independent films
The Blue Umbrella by Vishal Bhardwaj was pretty good, not sure if it ever got a proper release

As per my knowledge the movie was released in theaters. In fact it was marketed as the director of Makdee.
Heard good things about the movie.

ajayritik

Technomancer
With so many crap movies coming these days even a half decent movie is considered great. I feel Anurag Kashyap is over rated.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Darr
Never saw it completely until now. Good movie.
I have only one doubt how could rahul say kiran without any problem while singing jadoo teri nazaar...:D

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Was watching Inland Empire. I won't rate it yet.

This has to be one of the most bizarre movies I've seen. Started off oddly but I got interested up to the hour mark. But then it goes so weird and I have absolutely no clue whats going on. I tried watching it twice upto 1:45 minutes but no idea even on the 2nd time. I haven't seen the complete 3 hour movie & I don't feel like watching more anytime soon.

Anyone here seen this movie ? If yes, What did you think about it ?

Top Bottom