Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
PK: Intial Review

"PK" is a good movie, and since I don't want to spoil any other thing which ico already spoiled I wouldn't say any other thing about story.

Anushka is awesome in the movie. She is just breathtaking. :wub: Her intro was "rapchik" and her lips... :mrgreen:

Ahem... so in the end I was glad that instead of blatantly copying visual effects from Hollywood which I initially thought was going to be the case, it instead featured a good story and kept me in suspense of the only spoiler which it had. And no, Amir Khan being an Alien is not a spoiler. Speaking of which Amir Khan didn't blink the eye most of the time I noticed him in PK, which reminded of the movie "AI" where boy in lead role was made not to blink even once. Kudos to PK for such efforts.

Pk, is just what it was said, Hirani's own take on "Oh My God" which was another brilliant movie, and then some more. "Oh My God" just didn't have the star cast as Amir Khan and Anushka! Somethings in the movie at large were not needed but as a whole it's a movie which I suggest everyone should watch, and by everyone I mean every one on this planet.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
PK 6.5/10
Although all in all it is a good movie there are periods when it seems to drag and the similarities to Oh My God can't be denied.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
PK - 8/10. I admire Raju Hirani's craft at creating satire out of almost every religious activity we perform consciously/unconsicously. Although some scenarios seemed far fetched, movies like these are very important for forcing the audience to look into the futility of sticking to age old myths and stories and consequently wasting energy in arguing and fighting. I think the movie steered towards suggesting that Existence or nature itself is the only real God and how we all lost touch with this god.

ajayritik

Technomancer
PK 8/10
Except for a short while where it looked a little dragging. I think the movie was very good.
Very good performance by Aamir Khan.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I watched PK *again* today. Liked the movie more than before and enjoyed songs more too. Especially the main song, "Love is bhaste of time". Anushka is so pretty! I would try to contain myself again.

I am so much waiting for the full video songs to come to Youtube. There's only Audio as of now. :(

ajayritik

Technomancer
I watched PK *again* today. Liked the movie more than before and enjoyed songs more too. Especially the main song, "Love is bhaste of time". Anushka is so pretty! I would try to contain myself again.

I am so much waiting for the full video songs to come to Youtube. There's only Audio as of now. :(

Don't know why but my thoughts seems to be same as others here in TDF. Right from ico, skirmish and now Vyom.
Especially the song mentioned. I was thinking music is dull in the movie even other RKH movies had atleast one song which would be melodious even though the complete album was not chartbuster.
I'm not able to download the half video song on my PC though so that I can watch it on my TV. :(

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
But that lip surgery of Anushka :( . She looks like Donald duck now. Why did she have to disfigure herself :'( . In all the close up shots, my attention was unintentionally focused on that only.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Anushka is now looking like female version of Joker with her lips.

+100 to that

- - - Updated - - -

If Bollywood or Hindi Movie Industry can churn out atleast 12 movies a year which are similar to like the ones RKH makes. I think will always look forward to watch Hindi movies.
I know there are lot of Aamir Khan bashers here but still most of his movies are better than the other top actors in Hindi movies.

Top Bottom