Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Memories of murder. What a heart wrenching movie with a dash of humour mixed in. One of the best korean movies ive seen.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Memories of murder. What a heart wrenching movie with a dash of humour mixed in. One of the best korean movies ive seen.

It is a masterpiece.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched The Last Life in Universe - Can't rate for now. Need to re-watch again later.

ashs1

Padawan
Out of the Furnace : 6/10 : simple movie, simple plot, ordinary acting. Nothing to complain about, yet nothing to praise about either. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Transformers : Age of Extinction 5/10

Coming from a paid preview!

Its a 3 hour long movie! And, IDK if you would agree with me but how can you justify a 3 hour long Transformer movie?!!!

The prequels never had reputation for having a worthwhile plot but this installment did not even bother to tell a story.

Shaky start, pathetic middle section and somewhat good climax but it takes so long to reach the dinosaur part that you are already too exhausted to enjoy the awesomeness.
Oh, add confusing and clueless acting by the supporting cast.

Sorry fanboys, 5 is the max rating I can think of giving it !

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Transformers : Age of Extinction...... I personally enjoyed the movie, why???, because its a transformers movie;;;; and you go to see this movie for Transformers kicking some serious butt with an over the top but complex CGI induced action. If you expecting something else you have no right to criticize it. There are good and bads in this movie, unfortunately the bad that has been removed from this installment, they somehow forgot to maintain the the good that was there from the previous installments. I will take things in points ..

GOODS or Pros as you say

1. Absolutely zero toilet humor, no sexiest or raciest comment or profanity, not even a single one. This however was also already brought to a low level in Tran-3, but here its absolutely gone. Total family movie, just a one quick kiss in the entire movie.

2. Action is toned down, the biggest crib most of the people had/have in Transformers movie is that no one clearly knows who is fighting who and its all chaos and mixup. I'd say in that department this movie shines. The action is better layered and have more clarity. But if you say the quality of action, I would still go with Trans-2. The Complexity of action was far superior in Trans 2. The forest battle, the desert battle were just simply superior. But the inclusion of an over dose of toilet humor just ruined that movie for me.

3. No New York : Well I loved Transformers fighting in Hong Kong, The choreography again is just mind blowing, its blows you off, As I said this is a transformers movie and what it has to justify most is the CGI induced complex action sequences, which IMO it does.

4. Sound ::: Wowowo I was totally impressed by the entire sound mixing. The effects and background score was to the point and really gave the fast action happening on screen a much needed boost

BAD or Cons

1. Acting and Dialogues ::: The worst of the lot, I mean yes I agree and I still support that action/cgi in Trans movie out weighs almost everything else, but come on you have to have a decent level of acting and Dialogues.(plot can still take a back seat) The first hour they still were enjoyable, but then as the movie progresses, they just start to become cheezy n cheezy and more cheezy, till the time when the movie is almost at the end when it becomes almost laughable.

2.The plot :: I dont under why people bother to even bring this crap comment for Trans movie, that there was with no story, I mean come on, what can you expect from a franchise that was originally a cartoon series made for kids, How much plot and story can you add to satisfy a 30-35+ audience and a kid at the same time ..... Its there to show some butt kicking action and Michael Bay knows how to do that ... Period!. But yes I agree the plot was the weakest among the 4 installments.

3. Duration : It was long too long almost touching 3 hours, could have cut down quite a bit from the middle half to bring the movie down to around 2 hrs 20 min. Would have made the movie much tighter .....

I would still say, people who even remotely are Trans fans and enjoy the franchisee, dont miss it, watch it for mind blowing action adventure right from 10 min in to the movie ........ you would not be disappointed .......6.5/10 for this one

- - - Updated - - -

Enemy - A must watch for Lync fans. Quite a brainf**k!

Lync ??? I thing you meant Lynch .... but how is this movie related to Lynch, if thats what you meant

- - - Updated - - -

are you serious...its the worst Tony Jaa movie ever :/

Worst....??? wait till you see Ong Bank 3 .... Tom Yum Gongs is a master piece in comparision

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
i feel after initial success, people just want to cash in by getting too formulaic and including more over the top elements. transformers 1 was great, great story, build up and cool sequences. part 2 was such grandiose action, i got tired pretty fast and wanted it to end. similarly iron man1 was great, later parts meh. thor too. the only movie that i enjoyed more than the 1st was CA. I think even raimi ruined a beautiful franchise with Sp3 having too many characters and dumb subplots. having said all this, will i watch transformers?. hell yeah, i expect to be entertained by the imagery while allowing a cliched script to pan out.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Lync ??? I thing you meant Lynch .... but how is this movie related to Lynch, if thats what you meant

Yes. There used to be 'Edit post' button, which is not there anymore! Watching Enemy gives you a feeling like watching a David Lynch's movie is what I meant.

Update - 'Edit post' is back!! :-D

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
^^ Wowo a must watch then .... getting it now ... :)

- - - Updated - - -

i feel after initial success, people just want to cash in by getting too formulaic and including more over the top elements. transformers 1 was great, great story, build up and cool sequences. part 2 was such grandiose action, i got tired pretty fast and wanted it to end. similarly iron man1 was great, later parts meh. thor too. the only movie that i enjoyed more than the 1st was CA. I think even raimi ruined a beautiful franchise with Sp3 having too many characters and dumb subplots. having said all this, will i watch transformers?. hell yeah, i expect to be entertained by the imagery while allowing a cliched script to pan out.

Fully agree with Captain America 2. There are lot of movies I enjoyed 2nd more than first, but if we just take Super Hereo movies here. CA was one plus Man of Steel (Super Man 2 technically), X-Men: The first class (haven't seen the latest though;;;yet) were also better than the first in their respective series....

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
oh man. i just finished matchstick men and i am overhwelmed with various emotions, mostly of joy. what a beautiful story. definitely nic cage's best performance and alison lohman was excellent as well.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Watched "The Butterfly Effect" once again today & still love it, stays among my top 10 movies.

easily oneof the greatest thrillers. makes you wonder why kutcher wastes his talent on crap like 2.5 men.
especially the scene where amy and kutcher cross each other at the end and try looking back was heart breaking. he truly loved her to let her go

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
oh man. i just finished matchstick men and i am overhwelmed with various emotions, mostly of joy. what a beautiful story. definitely nic cage's best performance and alison lohman was excellent as well.

Matchstick men was one freakin hell of a movie, I think one of the rare ones I gave an 8

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Fully agree with Captain America 2. There are lot of movies I enjoyed 2nd more than first, but if we just take Super Hereo movies here. CA was one plus Man of Steel (Super Man 2 technically), X-Men: The first class (haven't seen the latest though;;;yet) were also better than the first in their respective series....

Well how is Man of Steel in any way Superman 2 ? It is a reboot of Superman Franchise and starts The DC Cinematic Universe , it has absolutely nothing to do with either Superman Returns or the earlier Superman films .

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Well how is Man of Steel in any way Superman 2 ? It is a reboot of Superman Franchise and starts The DC Cinematic Universe , it has absolutely nothing to do with either Superman Returns or the earlier Superman films .

mmm yea correct MOS is more of a reboot, than a sequel, well. Super Returns was a kind of re boot as well. I was generally talking about the franchise's return. Where these were an exceptions....

- - - Updated - - -

Titanic Alternate Ending

seriously wtf !!!

lol I didnt know Titanic had an Alternate ending, but this one is tooo cheezy, doesnt feel right at all. The original one is much better ......

Top Bottom