Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Happy New Year - 7/10

I wen't to this movie with no expectations, and I was surprised it was good.. just leave your brain at home.
Overall, It's entertaining and I seriously found it much better than the crappy Masala movies releasing recently like Bang bang etc

ajayritik

Technomancer
Happy New Year - 7/10

I wen't to this movie with no expectations, and I was surprised it was good.. just leave your brain at home.
Overall, It's entertaining and I seriously found it much better than the crappy Masala movies releasing recently like Bang bang etc

@ rhitwick is going to like this post.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
They had shown a small teaser of the movie Detective Byomkesh Bakshi , and this will probably be another amazing piece of art.

I have seen the trailer of deFective byomkesh bakshi in youtube few days back.
Dibakar banerjee has a good reputation of making some good films but with this I don't know what he was thinking.
Modernize byomkesh by adding detective before him on purpose? Some of these current idiot indian directors found the sherlock holmes movies so interesting that they just couldn't get it off their mind.
Oh yes bond james bond too!
They will now make an original look like a duplicate like other films :x

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have seen the trailer of deFective byomkesh bakshi in youtube few days back.
Dibakar banerjee has a good reputation of making some good films but with this I don't know what he was thinking.
Modernize byomkesh by adding detective before him on purpose? The idiot indian directors found the sherlock holmes movies so interesting that they just couldn't get it off their mind.
Oh yes bond james bond too!
They will now make an original look like a duplicate like other films :x

I don't know about movie directors Vs TV directors but the Serial on TV was damn good. I wouldn't mind watching re run of it again.

^^ The serial is true to the book.
You don't need to put some unnecessary kissing scenes here too to attract the public. This is just cheap. Putting a kissing scene in a movie doesn't make it an international standard movie. Moreover byomkesh bakshi is NOT sherlock holmes let him remain Indian. That leading actor just doesn't fits in why was he casted I don't know.

harry10

Gadgets freak
The Judge
Amazing. Depressing at times, funny at others, this movie will definitely move you at times. Career best performance by Robert Downey Jr and Robert Duvall. I will be highly surprised if they don't get nominated for Oscars. In fact entire cast is superb. They could have shorten it a bit but then the character development would have suffered. Don't miss it if you like family dramas.

Rating - 4.5/5

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Happy New Year

[nobody expects an unbiased review from me....such freedom of expression]

Movie is on SRK, by SRK and for (his requirement of earning money) SRK.

Honest opinion:-
--long even comparing Farha's other movies. Editors did poor job.
--Better than 'Chennai Express'
--Some genuine funny moments. Abhishek should get all the praise for it.
--Deepika shines (literally, such smooth shiny skin. They must polish them or what?!!!)
--Boman did good.
--Sonu sood (not sure why was he casted?)
--Chennai express had better songs but no story whereas HNY had story (well don't beat me yet. It has...however hairline the plot is but it does have a start, a middle and an end whereas CE lacked it)

Conclusion : Not recommended to the intellectuals of TDF, recommended only if you at times want to be part of mass and take the 'popular' taste of bollywood....give this a chance.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
Was never a fan in fact this series never interested me. Even I was not interested in this movie too but saw it just for a change. What I want to say is if your situation is like mine then you may like it too. I think its flawed but nevertheless a good entertaining movie.
However if you are a fan of TMNT comics then my little bit research tells me you may dislike it strongly or you may find it average since they have completely changed the origin of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Extended trailer.This trailer is better than the first. Also some subtle things are going on during the first few secs.:D

Last edited:

Flake

Linux User
Extended trailer.This trailer is better than the first. Also some subtle things are going on during the first few secs.:D
I loved Thor's expressions during Captain's try. :) Spader has a unique, deep voice and I think he is the best choice for Ultron.

Top Bottom