Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
White Bird in a Blizzard

I was thinking about putting it in Must Not watch until I saw last 15 minutes. Still it sits between Must Not and Must watch in my opinion. I absolutely did not like the acting performance of that girl (sorry don't know her name) who was in Divergent too (which I actually really liked). And the overall movie is so dull too. Worst thriller I have seen I think, if anything is thrilling there at all.

A 5 / 10 [5 solely for Ms. Green, and her husband was decent too]

That girl's name is Shailene Woodley. I've seen quite a few of her films and I can guarantee you that she can act. But I haven't seen White Bird in a Blizzard yet, so can't comment on her acting in that particular movie.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
That girl's name is Shailene Woodley. I've seen quite a few of her films and I can guarantee you that she can act. But I haven't seen White Bird in a Blizzard yet, so can't comment on her acting in that particular movie.
Thanks. And no, I think you got me wrong. I am not doubting by any means that she can act, just that only in this movie she was kinda disappointing, at least I personally think that. In fact it was her face which led me to this movie, other than the reason that it was a thriller. I loved her performance in Divergent, simple, straightforward, went with the movie beautifully. Maybe I had too much expectations from her, or maybe I was dumb to realize an otherwise good performance syncing with the movie. Eh, whatever.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Creature(2014)
After thinking a lot I decided to put it here (instead of must not thread). Overall this movie is boring. However this movie does have some scenes & dialogues which are downright hilarious. Instead of creating a tense situation it will make you laugh. From acting to overacting from stupid to hilarious face expressions this move has everything.

Please watch it with your friends who have good sense of humour & who have decent knowledge about movies.

This low budget flick is a lazy rip off of another low budget flick which was equally disastrous with same name. Creature (2011) - IMDb
Yes some what like bang bang & knight & day.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Edge of Tomorrow is Good! The good thing about it is that it doesn't treat viewers dumb.
Highly re-watchable.

yep.. i plan to watch it again soon. maybe tonight itself :D

too good :D

i even plan to start reading the manga which it is based on.

thanks for the info. i'll get it too.

u'r late, too late ........
people had debate on the same topic ! :D

better late than never ;)

icebags

Technomancer
[MENTION=134188]shreeux[/MENTION] share ur feelings bro, what is the purpose of posting random names with infos ! :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Blood diamond
A good action & informative thriller. Sometimes I really think white people are not as stupid as the peoples of other countries. But its just a thought.

Well I would like to comment on that video which [MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION] posted I agree a bit with 10 numberi here. Somewhere this idiot srk says he is the 2nd richest star in the world. I am not sure he said that in a funny way or he was serious or maybe I didn't liked the tone.
I have nothing against SRK. Infact he is a good actor but he is just wasting his skills in doing worthless movies like the other khans. If he is the 2nd richest actor in the world then why don't he do some meaningful & good films now?

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
I have nothing against SRK. Infact he is a good actor but he is just wasting his skills in doing worthless movies like the other khans. If he is the 2nd richest actor in the world then why don't he do some meaningful & good films now?
Exactly my thoughts. He can act. It's just the kind of roles he opts to play are not doing justice to his acting skills. But he's getting old now and it's high time he does some good films. Nahi toh baad mein bigdi hui heroine ke ameer baap ke role se hi khud ko satisfy karna padega.

harry10

Gadgets freak
Who in bollywood is doing good roles except one or two? Everyone is only concerned with making as much money as they can.

Flash

Lost in speed
7-beon-bang-ui seon-mul (2013) - IMDb - 10/10

I watched the movie because someone recommended it here. It's surely worth a watch, but few lame moments here and there.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
(Not for those who have already seen it.)
Predator 2. Not recommended. Only watch if you are a fan.
Predators. Same as above (with enhanced effects)
Due to so many bad reviews on alien versus predators I am not even interested in them & never was.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Filth

I was going extremely irritated after seeing first 15-20 minutes, but then slowly it started to attract me. Didn't understand lots of words as they were spoken in Scottish (or Irish?) accent, so that was annoying, but McAvoy's performance in this movie was simply outstanding. He will make you hate him at first, but gradually you will see sad for him.

7 / 10

I still don't understand that in which scenes he was actually hallucinating!

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I also want to check out haider, any one seen it yet? By far this movie is better than Dhoom 3 and Krishh
I have seen Haider..its a good dark movie...with depressing theme ..But all Vishal Bhardwaj movies are like that...Its a good take on Kashmir in 95 Era...Its story of Hamlet in background of Kashmir

Regarding Bang Bang, I was surprised to read good reviews by fellow digitians...Even I enjoyed the movie with my family...it was a good one,,,with nice songs and action...full masala..why media is so biased for that movie which has earned more than 350 crores..

BANG BANG !

I am sure an idiot movie like HAPPY NEW YR media will praise it and it will earn more than 300-400 crores..stupid janta

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The king and the Clown 8/10

Theme (from IMDB)

Two clowns living in Korea's Chosun Dynasty get arrested for staging a play that satirizes the king. They are dragged to the palace and threatened with execution but are given a chance to save their lives if they can make the king laugh.

A simple theme but a very deep movie. Every character is drawn very carefully. Not too good, not too bad, all grey.

+ve points:-
-->Acting by all the leads
-->Set design
-->Costume
-->Story

-ve points:-
-->A bit vulgar of my taste

Highly recommended

Top Bottom