Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
IMO, Rang De Basanti is an unoriginal and overpraised crap.
There are bigger gems than the one you mentioned.
So you are also one of those hindi movies basher.

- - - Updated - - -

The best Khan :D
*1.bp.blogspot.com/-aEOtsuz9ytM/UIdh5-qQlZI/AAAAAAAADFg/EIJNQNkBy-Y/s1600/raz2.jpg

Yeah, laugh, I laugh too, but he is much more admirable than Bai or the Lays man or you know other premium Khans :lol:

You guys are really vexed up with the Khans that you end up liking anything which is remotely bearable.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, the movie came about the time of Back To The Future, and probably got overshadowed by its success.
But the movie is nice.

^dude not everything is about back to the future. Such a fanboi :p

I agree. I maybe a fanboi, but Peggy Sue did fail to become blockbuster, since it lacked the appeal which BTTF which had released before. Read this nice article, and scroll to the bottom where Peggy Sue is described in comparison to BTTF:
A quarter of a century for Back to the Future | Film | The Guardian

Had Peggy Sue released before BTTF, it might have got more attention. :p

I completely agree with the article of the theguardian and peggy sue got married is better than BTTF.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ooh have to go watch Peggy Sue got Married.

I like Bollywood films from 60s and 70s, and think they were all much better than even the best ones to come out more recently.
it's not some kind of nostalgia, they were just realistic and good, and because the demands of the audience were sensible, they had no "crowd pleasing" rubbish
ones I liked in recent years were Being Cyrus (the director has lost it after that film) and Special 26

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Undoubtedly, movies from 50s - 70s were the best in indian cinema. Even the side actors were immensely talented and nowadays the main actors are severely untalented ( Imran khan etc) . I actually do not understand the motivations of today's directors. The directors from golden era made such entertaining, heartfelt movies and nowadays directors just throw in big stars, exaggerated slapstick scenes, item song and hope that somehow this mess earns more than 100 crores so they can have a celebratory party for the same.

On second thoughts, the best hollywood movies also came in decades of 70s - 90s. What fun movies were Ferries bueller, license to drive, home alone. They havent made a single fun movie like that in this decade.

Neo

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Gangs of Wasseypur 2. MINDBLOWING acting and directing, just too good. You could say Anurag Kashyap is the Indian Tarantino. Love, ambition, revenge, hatred, crime this movie have everything. Best of bollywood folks! I'd like to think of it as in the same league as Godfather, but that has a league of its own tho.

"teri keh k luga"

Last edited:
WARNING!

I have been hiding this for many days but I think now it is the time to disclose it. I am suffering from a disease I think.
PLEASE DON'T watch the movie called KICK. After seeing that movie I saw tees maar khan 10 times (I am not joking), humshakals 2 times, Singham also ten times. No doubt singham is a good film but now I feel it is one of the best masala films in a decade.
Moreover now I easily laugh at the stupidest joke they crack in these movies. :(
I try to avoid foreign films too.

Help me.:(

.jRay.

Youngling
WARNING!

I have been hiding this for many days but I think now it is the time to disclose it. I am suffering from a disease I think.
PLEASE DON'T watch the movie called KICK. After seeing that movie I saw tees maar khan 10 times (I am not joking), humshakals 2 times, Singham also ten times. No doubt singham is a good film but now I feel it is one of the best masala films in a decade.
Moreover now I easily laugh at the stupidest joke they crack in these movies. :(
I try to avoid foreign films too.

Help me.:(

You need to watch good movies now. Try watching The prestige and Prisoners and see if it helps.

Also How is Gunday #1 in Bottom 100 IMDb?

Inceptionist

Journeyman
There are bigger gems than the one you mentioned.
So you are also one of those hindi movies basher.

There are. But the post was regarding aditya's post. So I mentioned Rang De Basanti. Dhobi Ghat is also a forgettable borefest and Barfi was quite frankly, underwhelming and borrows liberally from Chaplin under the guise of 'tribute' which annoyed the crap out of me. Those moments took me out of film along with the songs.

I bash bad movies. Language doesn't matter.

Even if what you say is correct, you can't ignore the fact that it have the best execution with legendary music of A.R. Rehman.

Yes, I agree. But that doesn't make up for the confused script which is result of patchwork of scripts of other movies.

*media.tumblr.com/fccdf6d648019628dff0a6780b90c8f3/tumblr_inline_n5j7tdu9F41qgws3s.gif

i cri al teh tiem ;_; ;-; that went right through my feels.

im sry but i hates teh flim.

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Gangs of Wasseypur 2. MINDBLOWING Acting and directing, just too good. You could say Manoj Pandey is the Indian Tarantino. Love, ambition, revenge, hatred, crime this movie have everything. Best of bollywood folks! I'd like to think of it as in the same league as Godfather, but that has a league of its own tho.

"teri keh k luga"

I agree. Except for the Bollywood part. 'Gangs... ' is not a Bollywood film. For me, it is a Hindi film.

Manoj Pandey? You mean Anurag Kashyap, right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ooh have to go watch Peggy Sue got Married.

I like Bollywood films from 60s and 70s, and think they were all much better than even the best ones to come out more recently.
it's not some kind of nostalgia, they were just realistic and good, and because the demands of the audience were sensible, they had no "crowd pleasing" rubbish
ones I liked in recent years were Being Cyrus (the director has lost it after that film) and Special 26

Undoubtedly, movies from 50s - 70s were the best in indian cinema. Even the side actors were immensely talented and nowadays the main actors are severely untalented ( Imran khan etc) . I actually do not understand the motivations of today's directors. The directors from golden era made such entertaining, heartfelt movies and nowadays directors just throw in big stars, exaggerated slapstick scenes, item song and hope that somehow this mess earns more than 100 crores so they can have a celebratory party for the same.

On second thoughts, the best hollywood movies also came in decades of 70s - 90s. What fun movies were Ferries bueller, license to drive, home alone. They havent made a single fun movie like that in this decade.

agree with you guys and these are may be the reasons why I stopped watching bollywood [ with little exception ] movies. They just give me headache.

You need to watch good movies now. Try watching The prestige and Prisoners and see if it helps.
Also How is Gunday #1 in Bottom 100 IMDb?
I have seen prestige many times Now I am NOT at all interested in seeing it again. I am not trolling guys the movie kick is a disgrace to the cinema its worst than all other salman movies & even gunday.

Its so stupid that I really wonder if people are so :censored: that this movie did around 250 crores business.

Top Bottom