Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Well honestly I like Jim Carrey thats one of the reasons why I saw this movie.Anyways overall the movie is good but the climax felt a bit incomplete. Its another one of those movies where the theme is dark & gritty.I think The mist would be another example. After the movie ends it will make you sad. (I haven't read the books therefore I don't know how its compared to them)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Well honestly I like Jim Carrey thats one of the reasons why I saw this movie.Anyways overall the movie is good but the climax felt a bit incomplete. Its another one of those movies where the theme is dark & gritty.I think The mist would be another example. After the movie ends it will make you sad. (I haven't read the books therefore I don't know how its compared to them)

Movie was 'meant' to be sad. The movie tells you in the beginning only that the story was not supposed to a fairy tale. I have watched this movie many times. And it just feels fresh everytime. The actors does a fine job, with an exception of Jim Carrey. He's exceptional as always. Even the kid (Bite me) is good.
There is this feel to the movie, which seems as if we are reading a book, due to narration.
The end just is heart touching. Everything about the movie is good.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Godzilla (2014)

It's a decent enough movie, and if really needed to be compared then at least I found it much better than the older one, however slight propaganda is involved, well...

6.5/10

ajayritik

Technomancer
Godzilla (2014)
I felt the movie was strictly ok. I was expecting more of the Godzilla. Too much of the other creature which was kind of crap.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Movie was 'meant' to be sad. The movie tells you in the beginning only that the story was not supposed to a fairy tale. I have watched this movie many times. And it just feels fresh everytime. The actors does a fine job, with an exception of Jim Carrey. He's exceptional as always. Even the kid (Bite me) is good.
There is this feel to the movie, which seems as if we are reading a book, due to narration.
The end just is heart touching. Everything about the movie is good.

The music gave me goosebumps & I would listen to it again & again. Wonderful movie.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Indian cinema had its Golden times during 40s, 50s, 60s and partially in 70s, after that it declined badly, the worse time was in 90s, and then now.

Actors during earlier era were not much exposed to western style or were not into masala movie making, for them it was new thing, so they acted naturally hence they were able to give excellent performance, also they were very much Indian from their education, background and behavior.

You have just have to watch movies like Kitaab (1977), Koshish, Dastak, Guide, etc to know that India had very talented filmmaker and actors, but as times passes things starts getting worse, so as the indian started getting exposed to western music, movies, and culture, (that started in late 70s) it showed in our society

[YOUTUBE]t6iLjbkxBZo[/YOUTUBE]

just have a loook at the above video, and just listen the last line at the end by the boy "sorrry masterji, center of gravity miss ho gaya tha"

you will forget "Tare Zameen Par"

Watch this wonderfull scene

[YOUTUBE]eiAbZeVWP6E[/YOUTUBE]

it was the best time

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You just have to insert the end part of youtube to embed youtube videos OR complete YT URL inside Video tags:

PHP:
[Youtube]t6iLjbkxBZo[/youtube]

or

PHP:
[ video]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6iLjbkxBZo[/video]

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Captain America : The Winter Soldier 8/10

Now that is good superhero thriller. I was worried as I had to suffer the first part in cinema theater. Seems I should have gone this time.

Nice mix of drama, action and good thriller elements.
I have a question though...well two questions.
1>They have just received the Pen drive and neither Fury nor Black Widow can hack it. Why not go to Tony Stark?
2>Conclusion scene after climax action. One woman is seen training in firing squad and then gets placed in Stark Industries. Who's she? Why was she shown to us?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
i tried but it does not work, so i pasted link directly, any it should serve the purpose
It works actually if you do the proper way.

Most people do [ youtube ] * FULL LINK [ /youtube ] which is wrong and doesn't work.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
[MENTION=870]rhitwick[/MENTION]
1. Because it's a cap movie.
2. The woman seen training is none other than Sharon Carter-Peggy Carter's niece and possibly Cap's future love interest in the movies. The woman who got placed in Stark Industries is former shield agent Maria Hill.

Flash

Lost in speed
Captain America : The Winter Soldier 8/10

Now that is good superhero thriller. I was worried as I had to suffer the first part in cinema theater. Seems I should have gone this time.

Nice mix of drama, action and good thriller elements.
I have a question though...well two questions.
1>They have just received the Pen drive and neither Fury nor Black Widow can hack it. Why not go to Tony Stark?
2>Conclusion scene after climax action. One woman is seen training in firing squad and then gets placed in Stark Industries. Who's she? Why was she shown to us?

@rhitwick
1. Because Fury warned Steve not to trust anyone. Maybe because S.H.E.I.L.D. was compromised and Steve don't want to endanger others.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
A Million ways to die in the west - 7/10

It's okay okay, something different than the common sex comedies

Mary Kom - 8/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Watched La vita è bella (1997) (Life is Beautiful) just now. It was an epic Italian Tragicomedy movie I saw in a long time.
To those who intend to watch it, just watch it without reading even the description.

Top Bottom