Moser Baer is a damn Cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haider_up32

Broken In
i use sony dvds better than moserbaer dvd's ...mbi is capable of creating good media but i find their dvd's C grade all of them in the lineup...mb may soon launch mb platinum dvd web page under construction on their site.

mb cd's are excellent mb platinum is advertised for archival its a bit costly ..mb gold is also good

*techtemper.blogspot.com/2008/03/best-recordable-media-available-in-india.html

clmlbx

Technomancer
strange my mb dvd's work superbly but my sony dvd-rw were sh*t ................. I bought box of 5 dvd's and all were of no use ................. I lost my bill so I could not even replace it.......... .I could not even write on it once.......

chicha

High without substance...
^ with national the best i used so far. mosserbear the worest along with HP out of 10 in the sealed only 2 worked this happend 2 times with me and 4-5 times with few friends of mine. we all use national.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Call it my badluck or co-incidence, but I have lost maximum of media's from Moserbaer. Most of them did not burnt properly.

I trust Samsung or Sony. Never had a bad burned disk.

National is good, but sometimes did not reached the printed write speed. I had to lower the speed.

I had burnt some 1500+ CD's, So I can tell you that. :)

karmanya

Journeyman
I've had some pretty bad experiences with moser, i buy the 5-dvd packs with the cases, and find more than 3-4 are often corrupted in that its impossible to burn data as the disk registeres allready burnt.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
BTW did Moser Baer ever claim that they are selling best blank media in the market?
No
You usually get what you pay for.

I am thinking of making black cardpaper envelopes for all my CDs/DVDs. Is that enough to protect them for atleast next 5 years?

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
either its a joke or you have a pirated cds selling shop. :p

It ain't a joke. I burnt them as my mom had some office work.
BTW these days I have left piracy & turning into a Linux Supporter cum Promoter. :)

Read my signature. :p

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I am thinking of making black cardpaper envelopes for all my CDs/DVDs. Is that enough to protect them for atleast next 5 years?

Take an A4 sheet, fold it into two along its breadth, place a disc between the folds, in the middle of the sheet, and wrap the excess edges and tape them. I've been doing it for 3 years or so, and the discs are safe.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
I just bought a HP-Blank DVD+RW, the M.I.D is MBIPG101W04 showed in Nero, the HP DVD is a Moser Baer India make, and falls under the 3rd Class media category. SHAME.

Either you must be blind or spreading FUD. Check the site again.

MBIPG101W04 is Moser Baer but It's 2nd Class and not 3rd!

For others, beware that there are duplicates of all brands out in the market. For example there are 2 variants of MoserBaer itself, one with the proper labelling and logo on the disk and the other one white one with MoserBaer written in the center. The white one is a replica and not the original one created by Moser Baer.

I have never had problems with original Moser Baer Disks but the white replica Moser Baer have given me hell lot of problems on the first try to read after write itself!

It's the duty of every citizen here to distinguish between an original and a fake and not go on bashing without understanding what you're talking about or because you were duped by the CD wala into believing that it was the original one and not replica.;)

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I have used
1. 100 16x DVD-R moser baer
2. 100 16x DVD-R sony
3. 30 16x DVD+R sony

Most of the moer baer DVDs dont work after 18 months even when stored in a good DVD bag wit utmost care. 3 of them failed verify after writing. I burnt them at 16x,12x and 8x. Most of the SONY DVD-Rs work after 18 months even when burnt at 20x on LITE-ON and stored in the same DVD bag and also left for days on tables with written side on top collecting dust. None failed verify. I haven't had a DVD+R for more than 3 months and hence can't comment. They burn only at 18X max. I didn't have single verify failure.
I dont recommend moser baer from my personal experience.

I didnt have any problems with their moser baer CD-Rs yet. 7 out of 100 failed verify after write. Most of them survived 3 years.

haider_up32

Broken In
@The_Devil_Himself

u see everyone is complaining about mb ..rather than buying no name dvds i buy the cheapest branded ..at least it guarantees to work

apoorva84

In the zone
thanks so much the info...bought a few imation blank dvds a couple of weeks ago and found out that the belong to the second rate variety using the dvdinfo tool...but the media havent given me any problems as such...and i rarely use dvd media to back up my stuff(i dont have anything that important on my hard disks anyway)...

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Moser Baer is a higly respected company, check out the blank media forum, clubcdfreaks.com and u will know where Moser Baer India stands at.

ive got 3x50 Pro dvd packs of MBI 4.7g DVDs and 95% are successfully archived

dont expect a 10 R/- DVD to perform like a 22 one

as someone correctly pointed out earlier Moser Baer is a 2nd class manf. here's a list of Best Blank Media

*www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom