Moser Baer is a damn Cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krazyfrog

Never use Eurovision. They're the worst. Half of the ones i bought never worked.

OP
S

sharptooth

Broken In
Kniwor said:
who's this guy coming out of the blue, making one post, and bashing Moserbaer in that.

secondly, the info on that page seems unreliable, from what it seems, some guy just made that page up overnight, collecting info from here n there, and when it came to moserbaer and less known brands, he kept in lower class or something.
LOL I m just a simple guy just like u all. Hah i have no idea of watsover regarding bulding a website in oneday or one year, cos im no web designer or watever.

Regarding moserbaer discs i've also been using them for a long time(since they came out), burned a lot of them, no problem until recently when i tried to copy a file from one of my moserbaer archives which i burned about 2yrs ago, it gave some "data redundancy cyclic error" and stops, i have three drives and none of them can copy the file, the case was not only with 1 disc but 17 of them, others a ok till now.

SO MY PRECIOUS DATA IS GONE FOREVER.:(:-(

I trusted Moser and this is what it gives. False archival gurantee. Can the people of Moser Baer recover my data back.

Thats why i decided to post a topic on these, i wanted people to be aware of this, and stop buying cds/dvds from those who make fake promises.

And there is no point in saying that someone build that page overnight. Just google the MID : MBIPG101W04, the first three letter stands for Moser Baer India or may be International , the W stands for Write(RW), the others i don't know.

As far as i know Sony is the No.1 brand, i wud stick to Sony from now on, and rewrite all the left archives on to Sony.

Moser Su*ks and will su*k your valuable data very slowly as time passes by, and one day u will find that it has completly suc*ed it.Throw it away(my personal advice).

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
You can't just burn data and expect to retrieve it 2 years later without taking some precautions.

Firstly there is no guarantee that the data was ever burn properly. Did you verify the contents after burning? It could easily be the fault of the DVD writer not the media.
Secondly the disc could easily have been damaged due to improper handling/storage/humidity.
Finally, you should never burn such important data on a single DVD. You should have a copy on another disc or an external HDD.

I've been using MoserBaer for a very long time now and I haven't ever had a problem with it.

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

sharptooth said:
LOL I m just a simple guy just like u all. Hah i have no idea of watsover regarding bulding a website in oneday or one year, cos im no web designer or watever.

Regarding moserbaer discs i've also been using them for a long time(since they came out), burned a lot of them, no problem until recently when i tried to copy a file from one of my moserbaer archives which i burned about 2yrs ago, it gave some "data redundancy cyclic error" and stops, i have three drives and none of them can copy the file, the case was not only with 1 disc but 17 of them, others a ok till now.

I trusted Moser and this is what it gives. False archival gurantee. Can the people of Moser Baer recover my data back.

Thats why i decided to post a topic on these, i wanted people to be aware of this, and stop buying cds/dvds from those who make fake promises.

And there is no point in saying that someone build that page overnight. Just google the MID : MBIPG101W04, the first three letter stands for Moser Baer India or may be International , the W stands for Write(RW), the others i don't know.

As far as i know Sony is the No.1 brand, i wud stick to Sony from now on, and rewrite all the left archives on to Sony.

Moser Su*ks and will su*k your valuable data very slowly as time passes by, and one day u will find that it has completly suc*ed it.Throw it away(my personal advice).

Oh gosh. Iam having goosebumps reading this. I brought 100 blank dvd for 2500RS and i have more 10 dvd to burn. Now i dont know if all the data i stored will be gone. :(.

OP
S

sharptooth

Broken In
and BTW Moser baer disc r the only one in world who manufactures using their own foolish techniqes like extra layer for protection which makes the disc thicker and out of standard. Mention any other brand who uses such abnormal techniques. There r none, look at other top class manufactures such as Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell, TDK none of them use such awkward method of manufacturing cd/dvd.
Moser baer targeted us the Indians fooling that a thicker disc will prove to be of better quality. But many don't realize that a thicker disc is out of the standard specifications of a CD/DVD and will not perform as the drives were designed to.

blackpearl

The Devil
Never trust home burnt discs to hold your important data. Whether its moser baer or sony or any others, they are bound to go bad after a few years. Backing up on a hard disk is the best way to go. Believe me, hard disks are more relaible than burnt CDs and DVDs, and new HDD rarely crash.

OP
S

sharptooth

Broken In
drvarunmehta said:
You can't just burn data and expect to retrieve it 2 years later without taking some precautions.

talking about precautions all my burned media is stored in a protective case that comes with Moser.So there is no question of improper handling. About 2 yrs ago the price was also high i purchased 25/- per cd.

After burning every important data i always check data with nero.No in all case but do when the data is very important.

Sad to say almost all marriage ceremony cd's which i archived are gone. Fact is i trusted moser baer so much that i never thought of making a backup.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Well, whether its true or not but Indian is mostly dumping place .. remember that Qualis :p

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I have about 700 D**X/X**D Movies all of them written in
Moser Baer DVD+Rs and CDs

I have never faced any problem in using them
So I will never bid adieu to Moser Baer :D

Kniwor

Learner
sharptooth said:

I cant believe you posted this because 1 OF UR CD'S WENT BAD...!!!!

you cant expect all CD's to work forever, Maybe Moserbaer makes crap CD's, I dont own Moserbaer and I dont care, I also never said there's nothing like M.I.D, I only questioned the authenticity of the list, never said u made it, I meant you no offense pal, I didn't mean to say you made the website overnight, I said whoever prepared the chart seems questionable, and that's my opinion.

Yeah Sony makes great disks, but I've always used Moserbaer and will be, simply because there's too much fake sony around and it's hard to tell. And moserbaer never failed me. You feel it's crap no big deal dont use MB cd's.

And I'd rather thank you for your attempt to create awareness. It's good to see when users keep each other updated about good/bad tactics/products of companies, they only do business, and wanna make money, we need to care for out wallet.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
techtronic said:
I have about 700 D**X/X**D Movies all of them written in
Moser Baer DVD+Rs and CDs

I have never faced any problem in using them
So I will never bid adieu to Moser Baer :D

Seven Hundred... OMFG

Thank God u r not in US. Enuf to give MPAA couple of heart attacks....LOL

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I've yet to encounter any oddity in the Moser Baer discs that I use. I've been backing up data for close to two years now (since I got a burner) and no, I've no complaints about Moser Baer. I will strike a note of caution though, and recommend buying full packs of CD-R(RW)/DVD-R(RW) whenever you purchase them; avoid buying discs that are sold loose. The discs that I don't rely upon are: Eurovision, Princo.

The best discs in my opinion are that of Verbatim.

Anyway, I think storing discs in an anti-static, dust-free environment is essential for their longevity.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
kumarmohit said:
Seven Hundred... OMFG

Thank God u r not in US. Enuf to give MPAA couple of heart attacks....LOL

One of my friends is in US
He has got 2700 Movies in D**X/X**D Format

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Me too never had any issues with Moser Baer. Real cheap media I bought is Frontech CD's. After few years, the layer is coming off like the patches of paint that come off the walls. No issues with moser baer discs bought at the same time. They turned brown from silver but still are rock solid.

At Least I m not going to leave Using MB...what to talk abt Sony..They Still have a maximum burn speed of 40x for CD and 2x for DVD-Rw. And I never Had problem with any of the MB discs till now..I have around 500 burnt Moser Baer discs..And all are still working fine...and they are nt that costly also..DVD-R 4.7 GB 18 Rs and CD-9 Rs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom