Moser Baer is a damn Cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharptooth

Broken In
Moser-Baer India, is cheating the mass *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif , it is currently manufacturing 2nd Class and 3rd Class media. Find it out here on the class tables-
*www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
I just bought a HP-Blank DVD+RW, the M.I.D is MBIPG101W04 showed in Nero, the HP DVD is a Moser Baer India make, and falls under the 3rd Class media category. SHAME.

Now think of all the Ad's that come on tv showing Moser as an archival quality product, and that will last more than 100yrs, and archive all precious moments of your life into a moser baer DVD/CD. They r simply cheating our A$$.
Until yesterday i was an A$$ to moser baer. Not now Hee Hee *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_twisted.gif. R U.

Pathik

Google Bot
does it mean that all SONY discs r 1st class???
damn moser baer !!!
but still most of my moser baer discs work pretty good....

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I am beggining to think all HP products avalable in India are like that only. I have had the HDD of my HP laptop replced twice and DVD writer replaced once for manufacturing defects. That too within 4 months of buying.

Aditya

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Don't get carried away by what one site says.
Why not test MoserBaer yourself? Burn more than 4 GB data on a disc and run an error scan if your drive supports it. My drive doesn't otherwise I would have tried it, but people with Liteon/BenQ drives can post their results.

i show moser factory near noida on gadget guru on ndtv... it has totally automatically plant for cd manufacturing... but cant compete china...and MNC...

K

krazyfrog

I never bought a Moser Baer. I only buy Sony discs. They're a bit expensive. But offer excellent quality.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
I also prefer sony to moserbaer. But I was never disappointed with any of the mosaer baer cds/dvds

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I've used moser 4 a long time & continue to do so without any problem. As far as HP is concerned it is old news coz HP openly announced 2 years ago that HP had outsourced cd manufacturing to moser. Also one needs to b careful with duplicate moser cd's so check b4 buying.

goobimama

 Macboy
Got to admit the market is flooded with mosers. Nothing but mosers. i would have loved to buy some verbatim, mitsubishi or that yung tung whatever for a premium, the all I get is moser...

T

thunderbird.117

I just have 1 question. I brought a Moser Baer and if you look at bottom it is blue in colour. Is it a fake?.

Kniwor

Learner
who's this guy coming out of the blue, making one post, and bashing Moserbaer in that.

secondly, the info on that page seems unreliable, from what it seems, some guy just made that page up overnight, collecting info from here n there, and when it came to moserbaer and less known brands, he kept in lower class or something.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Kniwor said:
who's this guy coming out of the blue, making one post, and bashing Moserbaer in that.

secondly, the info on that page seems unreliable, from what it seems, some guy just made that page up overnight, collecting info from here n there, and when it came to moserbaer and less known brands, he kept in lower class or something.
I totally agree

tuXian

In the zone
Never faced problems with moser baer...infact scratchy moser baer disk work while others stop working.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
I WAS USING mOSER BAER AND AT PRESENT SONY BECAUSE THE PRICE OF THE dvd MEDIA OF BOTH ARE SAME. ONCE I LOST DRIVE BECAUSE OF MOSERBAER'S INNER RING TO HOLD IT BROKE INSIDE THE DRIVE MAKING ONE HELL OF A NOISE AND SCARING THE WITS OUT OF ME. I LOST DATA, I LOST DRIVE WORTH RS.2750/- AND I LOST CONFIDENCE IN MOSERBAER. AFTER ALL IT IS MANUFACTURED IN A NOIDA FACTORY. THERE COULD BE SOME TRUTH IN THIS.
I checked ID of my sony discs and it is SONY16D1, which I learned from the net gives good results. This guy's site also gives a good opinion about this ID. These are manufactured in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom