Micromax Funbook

Paylaram

Broken In
was busy for the last week and didn't get time to play with my FB.

I bought a sandisk 16gb card for it from flipkart, since 32 gb is out of stock. it gives info about some set up to be d/l from sandisk website. what is it for ? do I need it ?

batman

Broken In
was busy for the last week and didn't get time to play with my FB.

I bought a sandisk 16gb card for it from flipkart, since 32 gb is out of stock. it gives info about some set up to be d/l from sandisk website. what is it for ? do I need it ?

I think it is some software for transferring files..Something like a media manager..But you wont need it..You can directly transfer files to memory card by connecting to PC and enabling USB storage on in the tablet.

Paylaram

Broken In
thanks. btw, is there anyway to hide my online status in android gmail app ?

it's extremely annoying having to answer to people I dont want to. (nm, found it. you have to disable contact sync)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Charging port is fine..!!
and yea, i read ur posts, drivers downloading in process, i read all the steps, bt what is makin me worried is,
as i cant operate the device so hw wud i turn it into debugging mode..
also, plz masrk me the which speific steps should i follow.
Let me tel you tht device switches on, charges but nothing more i can do...
Thanx 4 ur support dude...
u simply rock....

Well I'm sorry to say that, if you can't operate the device their is no way to turn on USB Debugging. :(

Paylaram

Broken In
in my XP dev manager identified it as android device under 'other devices' but when I clicked 'update driver' it is asking me to select device type.

what option do I select here ? the options are 1394 debugger device, 61883 debugger device, disk drives etc. (long list)

I tried w/o selecting one but I keep getting options for CD rom. in the final step it was looking for a file with .inf extension and couldn't identify drivers in ADB folder.

p.s. in my computer the device shows up as 3 separate removable disks with labels I, J and K.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
in my XP dev manager identified it as android device under 'other devices' but when I clicked 'update driver' it is asking me to select device type.

what option do I select here ? the options are 1394 debugger device, 61883 debugger device, disk drives etc. (long list)

I tried w/o selecting one but I keep getting options for CD rom. in the final step it was looking for a file with .inf extension and couldn't identify drivers in ADB folder.

p.s. in my computer the device shows up as 3 separate removable disks with labels I, J and K.

Can you please post a screenshot..??

I'm using Windows 7 and not aware of this thing.

Well 3 drives are normal, One for Internal ROM, 2nd one for Internal SD Card, 3rd one is the Ext. SD Card.

dipesh2k100

Broken In
Finally yesterday evening ordered my first android device MM FB with MM mi-fi router...

Add: Micromax Funbook (Slate Grey) with Mi-Fi Router - Buy Tablet PC Online @ Lowest Prices on Snapdeal.com

waiting for 28th May now .. :)

chavar

Right off the assembly line
shutdown when using USB cable

This is for folks suffering from funbook shutdown when using min USB to USB cable provided by micromax.

The metal shield around the USB pins in funbook is connected to ground (-ve). In the cable, the shield is connected to +ve pin. So when you insert the cable, this creates a short between +ve and -ve and funbook shuts down. As a temporary fix I wrapped a layer of cello tape around the shield on the cable so that it does not make contact with the shield on funbook USB socket. Now it works perfectly. Be careful when inserting the cable, otherwise cello tape will move/tear and it'll short.

I'm not sure this is a fault with all the cables or only a few people have this problem. I felt the problem was intermittent in the initial days and became worse later. It takes a little longer to shutdown if you are charging. Not sure if that was the case when I tried earlier or the short in the cable got worse later.

Also got a USB GPS module working with funbook. Had to compile cdc-acm kernel module for that. More on that later.

maverik

Broken In
thank u all, who have postd related the flashing proces...
i hav got my tablet working againg and it was so easy only coz of u ppl...
That fool of micromax dint knw this much also..
Although, thr is a small in ths new OS is tht, its graphics r so low that pixels r visibl such it seems tht screen is of very bad qualitty...
so wht to do abt graphics??
also ket me tell tht i havnt installed scripts, wht is it for?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
thank u all, who have postd related the flashing proces...
i hav got my tablet working againg and it was so easy only coz of u ppl...
That fool of micromax dint knw this much also..
Although, thr is a small in ths new OS is tht, its graphics r so low that pixels r visibl such it seems tht screen is of very bad qualitty...
so wht to do abt graphics??
also ket me tell tht i havnt installed scripts, wht is it for?

Install the script, otherwise you'll miss all the fun man :)

It'll fix many problems along with updating GAPPS and doing many things.

Flashed [ROM] Fun Series v1 - Custom Rom for Micromax Funbook ICS 4.0.3 - xda-developers

Awesome ROM :D

Flash this if you want to get rid from Laggyness :)

rajan1311

Padawan
anyone thinking of getting a budget tab must wait for a week...something awesome is coming at the same price range...sorry I can not reveal it right now.. !!

Top Bottom