Micromax Funbook

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Awsum review.

But on youtube a video showed that browsing in funbook is slow and pinch zoom is not that smooth.
Also is keyboard like this on DOMO nCase K6 - Mini USB Connector Keyboard and Carry Case for 7" Tablets. Fits Slate N9 and X3D . Buy Best DOMO nCase K6 - Mini USB Connector Keyboard and Carry Case for 7" Tablets. Fits Slate N9 and X3D at Lowest Price Online available for micromax funtab?

Can I use USB storage and USB Bluetooth with this device?
And lastly, what about rooting this device?

kumar_sk3

Right off the assembly line
I too had this problem 2 times with my reliance netconnect.
i observed that the tablet switched off when the battery around 30%.
but when the battery was good like 80% the tab didnt turnoff...so try it out....n do tell me.

Hi Sir,

The problem is not solved. Micromax Funbook is still getting switch off after 5 minutes of accessing Internet and gets on only after connecting to power supply. My battery is 88% charged..still the problem is there....please HELP!!

varunparakh

Gamer in me
how did u fix stuff !! I have funbook too, flashed to custom ROM (latest for 0.3 MP) from eyeoncomputer....but 3g dongles are not wotking..can u help me?

Opt for Y, when it asks to disable phone services, to save battery.

That is what, i fixed, had disabled them for the first time. Re-flashed it then.

Else, you may give this a shot. [ROM]JetMOD™ 5.0|Micromax Funbook|An Indiedevers Project| init.d|Smooth|Sleek|Light - xda-developers

shuvabrata

Guys,

I have recently bought a Micromax Funbook. So far it has been good and i am completely happy with the value for money that it provides. However, these are the problems that i am facing. Would require your help to get these sorted out.

1. I have a Reliance Netconnect dongle (Huawei EC1260). Funbook is not recognizing this. I am unable to save a new APN with this. How do i do that?

2. When i boot into recovery (by pressing menu and power), i am unable to navigate using the volume rocker key. Is there any other way?

3. Among the new custom / other ROMs, which ones work with the dongle that i mentioned above? Can you please confirm?

Many thanks in advance.

regards,
Nandi

firingpistonz

GUYS NEED A FAVOUR.

I had backed up GoogleServicesFramework.apk and talk.apk from the stock ROM in the Micromax Funbook and replaced them from a ICS ROM. The backup got corrupted and now I'm not able to access Gmail or the Play Store (crashes).

So please, can someone share the above files from the stock ROM.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Hi guys, finally got time to spend with my tablet.
Noticed a few changes after modding:
1. Temple Run stopped working - after googling a bit I found the cure is hitting the "back" key while in game
2. Can install yahoo messenger video chat plugin now (however the video chats still do not work- any idea why?)

jd91

Broken In
Awsum review.

But on youtube a video showed that browsing in funbook is slow and pinch zoom is not that smooth.
Also is keyboard like this on DOMO nCase K6 - Mini USB Connector Keyboard and Carry Case for 7" Tablets. Fits Slate N9 and X3D . Buy Best DOMO nCase K6 - Mini USB Connector Keyboard and Carry Case for 7" Tablets. Fits Slate N9 and X3D at Lowest Price Online available for micromax funtab?

browsing and pinch zoom is 8/10 using dolphine hd browser
yes you can use usb port for charging, mass storage, ethernet dongle, 3g/2g dongle(tried them myself without rooting). usb bluetooth not working till now but sure some geek will comeout with a driver.

jd91

Broken In
I don't understand this.

Warranty - 90 days Carry In. Free Pick Up for DOA with 7 days of receipt.

Is it only 30 days warranty ?

What is DOA ?

warranty 90 days carry in means 90 days warranty provided you have to carry your device to there sevice center.
Free Pick Up for DOA with 7 days of receipt means doa (dead on arrival) they will provide free pickup and delivery within 7 days of receipt. doa will apply to any malfunction (not necessarily dead) detected within 7 days of use or receipt.

Awsum review.

browsing and pinch zoom 7/10 using dolphine hd browser.
mini usb port can be used for charging, mass storage, ethernet dongel, 3g/2g dongle (tried them myself without rooting the device). bluetooth dongle not working till now but sure someone will comeout with drivers.

rajan1311

Padawan
I don't understand this.

Warranty - 90 days Carry In. Free Pick Up for DOA with 7 days of receipt.

Is it only 30 days warranty ?

What is DOA ?

means you will have to ship it to them in case of any issues. That costs around Rs100. So it has essentially a 3 month warranty.

DOA - dead on arrival

Ill be getting it in a few days, will post the review then...

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Ordered Finally.:lol:

Micromax Funbook (Slate Grey) -RsRs.6499
Transcend MicroSD 16GB Class 10-Rs.895

from Snapdeal.
Too bad that the black one is outta stock and didn't get any coupon.:|

Now I need a good carry case(with or without keyboard). Can you people suggest some site other than ebay? (I was an ebay customer for 3 years but I know ebay price are high as it is a 3rd party seller. Evreything I bought on ebay are cheaper on local market and other sites.)

Can't wait to get my hands on....
:-D:cool:

dipesh2k100

Broken In
How is the combination of MM Funbook and Micromax Mi-Fi in 8999/-.

Snapdeal has the offer check Micromax Funbook (Slate Grey) with Mi-Fi Router - Buy Tablet PC Online @ Lowest Prices on Snapdeal.com

Please let me know what to do..i am thinking of ordering MM FB today plz help ??

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
Does funbook comes with screenguard?
Can anyone suggests me a screenguard and a nice pouch for this tab?

Ordered 19th May, but don't know why this time Snapdeal hasn't send me the funbook yet, can't wait any longer...:p

and too bad that tenida is banned,:evil: without his info's, mayb we wouldn't even buy this tablet...

| WD Elements 500 GB | Transcend 600 16GB | Sandisk Cruzerblade 8 GB |
| Micromax Funbook (Ordered) |

maverik

Broken In
I had kept a pattern Generator for my security Purpose.
I tried to unlocked by the pattern i had recorded but it said that unproper pattern.
After that it is asking for my gmail ID & password. I give you my ID and password so that you can verify that i have not forgot my ID & password, but device is telling incorrect.
Now the problem is that local service centre people are too rude and they are not having skilled technician.
In front of me he took my tablet and went to nearby samsung service centre to show him.
That person damaged my charging port and opend my device and i know very well that the kid(technician) would have done severe damage to other parts as well.
Over that they told me, to keep ny device there and they dont knw how much days they can take to update the software.
Over that i asked them to give me approxiamte time to mend it.
They said they dont know..!!!
I told them i would complain to the company for it.
They said, "Ap se jo hota hai vo kar lo"
What to do ?
Same mail i have sent to company..
What to do... plz any1 tell me how shud i proceed?? Shud i flash it by my self?? These people are also asking for 400 Rs..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@d3b Yes Funbook comes with screenguard. Well for pouch, please check this thread, there are many links that have been already shared by our members.

@All Yes Tenida is banned for 5 days for misusing the Reputation System for passing messages like "ignore idiots like ABC", "ABC is a ****" etc.

I had kept a pattern Generator for my security Purpose.
I tried to unlocked by the pattern i had recorded but it said that unproper pattern.
After that it is asking for my gmail ID & password. I give you my ID and password so that you can verify that i have not forgot my ID & password, but device is telling incorrect.
Now the problem is that local service centre people are too rude and they are not having skilled technician.
In front of me he took my tablet and went to nearby samsung service centre to show him.
That person damaged my charging port and opend my device and i know very well that the kid(technician) would have done severe damage to other parts as well.
Over that they told me, to keep ny device there and they dont knw how much days they can take to update the software.
Over that i asked them to give me approxiamte time to mend it.
They said they dont know..!!!
I told them i would complain to the company for it.
They said, "Ap se jo hota hai vo kar lo"
What to do ?
Same mail i have sent to company..
What to do... plz any1 tell me how shud i proceed?? Shud i flash it by my self?? These people are also asking for 400 Rs..

So what is the state of the device..?? Is the Charging Port damaged..??

In my opinion you may flash the device yourself.

But ofcourse you should mail the company about your experience. Because if service center people damages something, that's the responsibility of their company.

maverik

Broken In
@d3b Yes Funbook comes with screenguard. Well for pouch, please check this thread, there are many links that have been already shared by our members.

@All Yes Tenida is banned for 5 days for misusing the Reputation System for passing messages like "ignore idiots like ABC", "ABC is a ****" etc.

So what is the state of the device..?? Is the Charging Port damaged..??

In my opinion you may flash the device yourself.

But ofcourse you should mail the company about your experience. Because if service center people damages something, that's the responsibility of their company.

Charging port is fine..!!
and yea, i read ur posts, drivers downloading in process, i read all the steps, bt what is makin me worried is,
as i cant operate the device so hw wud i turn it into debugging mode..
also, plz masrk me the which speific steps should i follow.
Let me tel you tht device switches on, charges but nothing more i can do...
Thanx 4 ur support dude...
u simply rock....

Top Bottom