Lovely Professional University: Worth joining or completely crap?

ssb1551

Technomancer
:rofl:..
Damn all these universities with their ads!!:Cangry:..They can make everything abt 'em so genuine!!
Wat abt Symbiosis?Is it AICTE approved?I was thinkin of doin MBA over there!!

salvachn

Broken In
According to LPU's TV ad :

1. Ranked high (How much????)
2. 25000+ students (every year)
3. 5000 recruitments so far (so far i.e. summing up all recruitments of all years the univ. was in existence)

Compare the no. of students admitted every year to total no. of selections.

This univ. is not in the top 100 colleges of India. How ranked high ????

Ranked High => 1000+ ranks. They think rank == marks. Can't believe they have 25000 students. Maybe the past students also linger on, as professors and lecturers.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Avoid LPU (lovely ponytail university) and such ponytail colleges. They were/are inspired by true ponytail guru from IIPM (Indian institute of ponytail management) who said this to sachin:
*img838.imageshack.us/img838/7656/showimagenpadvhover.jpg

way2jatin

Journeyman
Avoid LPU (lovely ponytail university) and such ponytail colleges. They were/are inspired by true ponytail guru from IIPM (Indian institute of ponytail management) who said this to sachin:

hahaha
Mr chaudhri is supporting LPU(lovely ponytail university) and encouraging students to join LPU and the do MBA from IIPM(Indian institute of ponytail management) then grow a good ponytail for their future

ssb1551

Technomancer

nice pic buddy!!:rofl

ubed

Right off the assembly line
ok.. 98% percent of all of you have not even visited the campus and are just going by its name. I also agree that Lovely is such an unprofessional name but the fact is that their university will always be called Lovely Professional University...

Whatever they have shown on TV commercial is 100% true.. and all the rankings are also true.. Regarding the AICTE approval.. check their site. you can see LPU in their list....

Regarding placements... those guys over here who are just enjoying making fun of LPU... i would like to tell you ,that students come out of LPU with a huge package of upto 22Lakhs in MNC;s like Dell, HCL, IBM, American Bank,etc... No institute guarantee's 100% placement,, even IIT;s cant guarantee...

The Infrastructure, facilities, are all world class. even better than Thapar University. Regarding the fact that LPU recruits fresh graduates from IIT's i want to make it clear that those fresh graduates do not teach the students.. the highly qualified and professional teachers teach the student... Their is one thing called Training.. The fresh graduates undergo extensive training... they are just juniors managing note and stuffs like that for their seniors.. moreover when admissions are going on the junior teachers are absorbed in the admission cell.... So, teaching is not an issues over there...

Amity also follows on the same principle.. It also has payed fees & provides scholarships on the basis of your +2, or other qualifying exams... Yes, I will say that after Amity, LPU indeed has the best of all facilities...

You can check out newspaper for the placement information..
Punjabi University (Patiala-PTU) is the one of the best university in Punjab. But its placements sucks.. You can check out their website.. The max payout is 3.25 Lakhs...

Think about it... Dont go by name... Now if we start talking about some international college say Buffalo State College,, then nobody will make fun of it... why ??/ Its in New York.. we can't make fun of it???

LPU has a good reputation.. No doubt hostel and tution fees is high.. Its your mistake that you didnt perform well in your exams.. You can get very good scholarships over here.... Regarding hostel, the rooms over there are huge.. with attached bathrooms, and lifts.. One more thing, LPU is a paperless university.. The Wifi is by Cisco Technologies... International Twining Programme is also available.. INternational students come here for studies and are really impressed..... Student who are enrolled for MBA- International they are taken for one month trip to USA/UK/Singapore... There are lot of opportunities for one in LPU..

And one thing more. one guy here has written that in mess, rotis are raised high up in air and the one who catches gets it.. Forget it.. Such things never happen over here... I think he was/is treated like this.. More than half people over here are taking out their own frustation for the fact that they didnt enjoy their college life....... I am sorry for them....

Agar lafandar bazee karnee hai to tum log 1 hafta bhee nahe tike sakte yahan..
Bakee tumhare marzee////

Great review man!!!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^
Who told you Amity sucks? I didn't know much about Delhi but you can look for some others suggestion, who is from Delhi. Wait till someone reply for this.

Amity is doing well, they are having good placements. Their awareness spreading is doing great, thanks to their heavy advertising.

They are gonna do great in the coming years.

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
After Reading about LPU I have to say Amity is way better...On the whole Amity is what you can call an Awesome college for fun..Some of the teachers are very good and actually try to teach with innovative methods..but some of them are just Amity Passouts..

The college is pretty strict, like 75% attendance..I was debarred in 2 subjects because i had 72% :X...and some of the teachers are very biased towards *some* students..
E.g : In our term paper evaluation..A friend and me were in the same group..she didn't have a project so she copied mine..and she was mum throughout the interview..and I answered all the questions(They were general questions) and I got 70/100 while she got 85/100..Her Project report was in a File folder while I mine was in a Hard-Bind(the only accepted standard for a term report)...

The cafetaria is OK but they sometimes DO serve awesome food..apart from that Noida campus has Subway, Dominos,etc and the LKO campus has CCD, Pizza Place with a McDonalds opening soon(though I don't see it happening anytime soon)..

1 thing Amity and LPU have in common are the pretty girls(stands for Noida Campus only)...

The best thing about being in Amity is the placements(for most that is)..If you are opting for Amity Noida then be assured you will get placed even if you have a 5 something CGPA..as for LKO campus already 1500/2500 students in B.Tech have been placed, the rest mostly consists of people who don't know what they are doing and also some like me with a CGPA of 5 somethings(Damn u CS, COD4 :X)..
1 student from Amity Noida landed a job in "Work Application" for $60,000 PA
Note : This is the case for popular courses like IT, CS, BT, MBA etc..

I personally don't like the course structure they have in our college and the lack of Practical Implementation but it's with most of the Indian colleges...

aroraanant

Explorer
If you guys need to ask any thing about LPU then you can ask me.
I am doing B.Tech(hons) in CSE from there.And its my last year.
Quite happy that finally I will be leaving this University soon

abhinavn94

If you guys need to ask any thing about LPU then you can ask me.
I am doing B.Tech(hons) in CSE from there.And its my last year.
Quite happy that finally I will be leaving this University soon

I have just completed my 12th and secured 92%.Iam not expecting good rank in AIEEE or CET,so Iam planning to join in LPU.Is it worth joining worth there??how about placements and faculty in lpu.Please tell me soon

abhinavn94

After Reading about LPU I have to say Amity is way better...On the whole Amity is what you can call an Awesome college for fun..Some of the teachers are very good and actually try to teach with innovative methods..but some of them are just Amity Passouts..

The college is pretty strict, like 75% attendance..I was debarred in 2 subjects because i had 72% :X...and some of the teachers are very biased towards *some* students..
E.g : In our term paper evaluation..A friend and me were in the same group..she didn't have a project so she copied mine..and she was mum throughout the interview..and I answered all the questions(They were general questions) and I got 70/100 while she got 85/100..Her Project report was in a File folder while I mine was in a Hard-Bind(the only accepted standard for a term report)...

The cafetaria is OK but they sometimes DO serve awesome food..apart from that Noida campus has Subway, Dominos,etc and the LKO campus has CCD, Pizza Place with a McDonalds opening soon(though I don't see it happening anytime soon)..

1 thing Amity and LPU have in common are the pretty girls(stands for Noida Campus only)...

The best thing about being in Amity is the placements(for most that is)..If you are opting for Amity Noida then be assured you will get placed even if you have a 5 something CGPA..as for LKO campus already 1500/2500 students in B.Tech have been placed, the rest mostly consists of people who don't know what they are doing and also some like me with a CGPA of 5 somethings(Damn u CS, COD4 :X)..
1 student from Amity Noida landed a job in "Work Application" for $60,000 PA
Note : This is the case for popular courses like IT, CS, BT, MBA etc..

I personally don't like the course structure they have in our college and the lack of Practical Implementation but it's with most of the Indian colleges...

What is the fee in amity.I heard its 54000 per semister(b.tech) OMG is it true

ayush000

Broken In
this is wat i got when i ws searching for "lovely professional university forum"
Lovely Professional University
other option wud be jaypee solan

krazylearner

poor little me
one of my friend passed out from amity two years ago .He said most of the students got a package of 3 lakh and below. accenture was the major recruiter .

So placement wise amity is not that good .

Top Bottom