Lovely Professional University: Worth joining or completely crap?

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
Hi..sorry for bumping an old thread but i did not wanted to start a new thread...actually my aiee rank is 1,90,000...I dont seem to have any other option...I lovely a good institute to study? Or is there any other institute which i can consider...I cant pay donations...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LPU is an option if you want to really screw up your college life by delving into stupid disciplinary procedures. They have some really pathetic guidelines.Also, the hostel serves veg.
As for studies, i suggest you look at a few other colleges like Amity or colleges under PTU.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi..sorry for bumping an old thread but i did not wanted to start a new thread...actually my aiee rank is 1,90,000...I dont seem to have any other option...I lovely a good institute to study? Or is there any other institute which i can consider...I cant pay donations...

You still want to join in LPU after reading this whole thread. LOL,.. :D :D :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Who told you Amity sucks? I didn't know much about Delhi but you can look for some others suggestion, who is from Delhi. Wait till someone reply for this.

bluetooth

Broken In
see dude..try amity..if u have 65% in PCM in +2..& 70% in 10th..fees of both the universities are same..28 June is the last date.
Go to Amity - Leading best top ranked institutes, colleges and schools in India

metalfan

Modern Philosopher
Yaar if I would have seen this early would have suggested u Haryana counselling U can get a decent college wid ur rank but counselling reg. date is over so no use ..........Besides u can still get colleges like lingaya ,dronacharaya etc but u hav to reach them in person and talk to them (I dont know donation or what but if its don. then also itll be less considering LPU) also There is a new college called satya in haryana it is new dats y it is asking for board %age and AIEEE rank combined if ur %age is above 70 theyll giv u adm. wid scholarship(YEAh really) Besides did U go for Educ. Expo in ur city
Again Amity is not that bad if u get it thru IP othrwise for 2 lac+ fees its not that great Placements are nice,Campus is gud and industry interaction is gud And yeah its not recg. by AICTE .......
Sources-3 ex stu. of Amity one in cushman and wakefield ,other in TCL and then Cisco ,and the third one i dont know...
if u want contact info of satya I can PM u ....LPU is not gud yaar better drop or join any newly opened college and be in top 10 in ur college ull surely get wonders out of it ............Again dont go for LPU , have a friend in EEE and everything is not good wid him ...

Last edited:

yuvrajbabrah

Right off the assembly line
ok.. 98% percent of all of you have not even visited the campus and are just going by its name. I also agree that Lovely is such an unprofessional name but the fact is that their university will always be called Lovely Professional University...

Whatever they have shown on TV commercial is 100% true.. and all the rankings are also true.. Regarding the AICTE approval.. check their site. you can see LPU in their list....

Regarding placements... those guys over here who are just enjoying making fun of LPU... i would like to tell you ,that students come out of LPU with a huge package of upto 22Lakhs in MNC;s like Dell, HCL, IBM, American Bank,etc... No institute guarantee's 100% placement,, even IIT;s cant guarantee...

The Infrastructure, facilities, are all world class. even better than Thapar University. Regarding the fact that LPU recruits fresh graduates from IIT's i want to make it clear that those fresh graduates do not teach the students.. the highly qualified and professional teachers teach the student... Their is one thing called Training.. The fresh graduates undergo extensive training... they are just juniors managing note and stuffs like that for their seniors.. moreover when admissions are going on the junior teachers are absorbed in the admission cell.... So, teaching is not an issues over there...

Amity also follows on the same principle.. It also has payed fees & provides scholarships on the basis of your +2, or other qualifying exams... Yes, I will say that after Amity, LPU indeed has the best of all facilities...

You can check out newspaper for the placement information..
Punjabi University (Patiala-PTU) is the one of the best university in Punjab. But its placements sucks.. You can check out their website.. The max payout is 3.25 Lakhs...

Think about it... Dont go by name... Now if we start talking about some international college say Buffalo State College,, then nobody will make fun of it... why ??/ Its in New York.. we can't make fun of it???

LPU has a good reputation.. No doubt hostel and tution fees is high.. Its your mistake that you didnt perform well in your exams.. You can get very good scholarships over here.... Regarding hostel, the rooms over there are huge.. with attached bathrooms, and lifts.. One more thing, LPU is a paperless university.. The Wifi is by Cisco Technologies... International Twining Programme is also available.. INternational students come here for studies and are really impressed..... Student who are enrolled for MBA- International they are taken for one month trip to USA/UK/Singapore... There are lot of opportunities for one in LPU..

And one thing more. one guy here has written that in mess, rotis are raised high up in air and the one who catches gets it.. Forget it.. Such things never happen over here... I think he was/is treated like this.. More than half people over here are taking out their own frustation for the fact that they didnt enjoy their college life....... I am sorry for them....

Agar lafandar bazee karnee hai to tum log 1 hafta bhee nahe tike sakte yahan..
Bakee tumhare marzee////

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
^^Agar Itna hi padha tha to MIT mein jata na ?
yahan admission jaroori lena tha

Punjabi university has got much better placements compared 2 lovely....U can come and check anytime
Trip le jayega UK USA to kya college acha ho gaya
infrastructure ..facilities to seniors se puch jo semi-built buildings mein study karte the :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
22lacks package? that to a B.Tech engineer?!!! are you nuts? No company in world pays that much to a B.Tech engineer....

Only MBAs can get such huge salary then again if you were talking about MBAs, sorry for the rant...

yuvrajbabrah

@Ecko
I stay close to punjabi university... hardly a minutes way from my house..... yes it doen't has good placements as of now... you can check their website... no issues... Wipro took only 1 student..... here is the link Max. package in B.Tech is 3.25 lacks....

New Page 1

@rhitwick
Regarding the pay package some students have got at LPU, i am not kidding, dude... students do get this much huge pay package... do little research..Good students get good packages, If you have a rating of 9 or 9.5 companies will automatically comet o you with handsome packages....... i am not saying that this much package can only be obtained in LPU, various colleges and universities around India give this much good packages to students.......you can always check the details of their placements in the newspaper.....
If reputed institutions can give a stipend of 65,000/- to M.Tech students, then this much pay package to student is possible....

Semi- built buildings?? i don't know what you are talking about.... I have seen students studying in well-equipped classes.... Go their, take a live demo.. and then reframe your comment.......

pauldmps

Banned
According to LPU's TV ad :

1. Ranked high (How much????)
2. 25000+ students (every year)
3. 5000 recruitments so far (so far i.e. summing up all recruitments of all years the univ. was in existence)

Compare the no. of students admitted every year to total no. of selections.

This univ. is not in the top 100 colleges of India. How ranked high ????

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Lovely Professional University review

Food is not bad if you are a holocaust victim or are hungry for centuries. On occasions you may have to push and steal just to get a roti. Some days they just hold the roti high up in the air and the one who jumps up highest gets the roti. You will probably have to wait 20 minutes to get a spoon to eat in this damn place.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...BEST DESCRIPTION EVER...sounds like a POW camp during the hitler era...

kai0

to understand that lovely is useless one needs cerebrum and few other missing brain parts.lol

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

You saved his life. Ask him to give us all a treat by throwing in a big party.....:D :D :D

Literally, you saved his life....:lol:

Top Bottom