Lovely Professional University: Worth joining or completely crap?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
These were my daily companions: :-D
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11438&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11439&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11440&stc=1

krazylearner

poor little me
crap crap ...... Dis university is like **** !!
never join this ..... Some of the faculty are in Mtech ... they r just putting its fees for his m tech courses.

If i am not wrong Lovely is the name of the founder. Sardars usually have names like Loveley, Melody, Puppey, Jolly etc etc

Anyways, just want to add one thing to what people have said here.

It is a commercialized cr@p. All the BA students who barely graduate with 40%-45% marks in their Honors paper end up there. Its a dumping ground for north east students (Mizorma,Nagaland,Meghalaya etc) who couldn't clear the entrance test for M.A in their respective states, or for that matter, any other decent Universities. I have a lot of friends from my batch who ended up there. They really praise it. You know why?
It has a decent Dota community. All they do is play Dota online or Wifi hotspot day in day out. They even hold tourneys once in a while. And they are doing Masters Degree it seems. Some standards !! In Mizoram University if you are doing Masters Degree you have to literally forget your friends and family >_< and out there in LPU my freinds are enjoying DOTA.

One more thing, they drink alcohol everyday. Supplied by Hostel staffs like caretakers and cleaners.

PS. I feel that if someone is below 1st Div and still got admission in a Masters Degree course, that university SUCKS. Masters is Masters, not for average students.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
do you really think that's true??VIT, Amity university and SRM university all claim that they are the no. 1 Private institute in india

Of the above 3 I know that SRM is best Private University in Chennai because one of my friends graduated from there in 2005 and presently he is drawing 6lac per annum as a software professional.

$hadow

Geek in making
Amity says it is No.1 Non profit making University
SRM is actually the No.1 University if you look at their average package where VIT i don't think so it is. Coz Manipal University is better than VIT had two acquaintances studied in both and the Manipal Camus just looks WOW.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Of the above 3 I know that SRM is best Private University in Chennai because one of my friends graduated from there in 2005 and presently he is drawing 6lac per annum as a software professional.

If he is getting 6L currently, it is not decent package considering the time-gap.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Amity says it is No.1 Non profit making University
SRM is actually the No.1 University if you look at their average package where VIT i don't think so it is. Coz Manipal University is better than VIT had two acquaintances studied in both and the Manipal Camus just looks WOW.

My friend studied in SRM and it is just so so. Don't go WoW because looks are no indication. Mechanical department of Manipal is good and overall campus life is better than both SRM and VIT. VIT requires an entrance test(don't know about others). Though there have been instances where people have gotten through illegal means

Amity is just like Manipal. All talk, no substance. Very very professional. Just to get one thing done you'll have to go through numerous hoops. My friends in IP, Delhi and other colleges were having a far better time and more of it. Depends on the student's background. If you don't mind paying then you'll have an awesome time there(or anywhere) but otherwise there is lot of academic apathy. Just a handful of good faculty.

If you are going for CSE then it doesn't matter, else just skip it.

Sukrity18

New to this forum
Hi
Can someone please tell me about the girls hostel's rules? I mean timings n all!
Planning to join lpu.
Reply soon

snap

Lurker
^^Thread spans 5 pages informing people that LPU is crap, did you do your required research?

vamshi

New to this forum
My friend studies there. If you have queries feel free to ask me. All i know, the campus is bloody huge, the chicks are hot,lots of exchange students in campus, those guys are insanely strict(heard they expelled a guy for using a multimedia phone or something),food is pathetic(only veg but you can have food at a court outside).

iam planning to send my bro to LPU for stdying btech.... is it advicable to go there n study btech ..... plz any one suggest mee...

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
iam planning to send my bro to LPU for stdying btech.... is it advicable to go there n study btech ..... plz any one suggest mee...

Have you read the whole thread? Read it and then think about it once again.

Top Bottom