Lightheadedness, Nausea while playing Borderlands?

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Hi guys
I just want to know
does anyone else feel lightheadedness/nausea while playing Borderlands?
i cant even play it more than half an hour without straining my eyes:(

i tried a fix
WillowGame.ini said:
[WillowGame.WillowPawn]
bWeaponBob=false
Bob=0.000
but it doesn't help at all

just want to know if anyone else is facing this issue, is the game at fault here or is it just me? (time to visit the Doc?)

its just this singular game thats making me feel sick
no other game made me feel this way:???:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
A nice read. Outdated, but makes sense.

The Daleisphere — Video Game-induced Nausea, Dizziness and Headaches

OP
funkysourav

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
A nice read. Outdated, but makes sense.

The Daleisphere — Video Game-induced Nausea, Dizziness and Headaches

Thanks for the informative link Asingh
it details my situation under
Dizziness Caused by First Person Bobbing While Walking

also to add to it, i feel the center of field of view has been aggressively put forward as compared to other FPS games
as i have had no problems playing Unreal series, Crysis series or Half life series

the feeling is like my head tries to overcompensate for the excessive turning and or bobbing effect which is resulting in this
here's a person with similar case
Anyone else get headaches from Borderlands? - Giant Bomb
a quick googling shows that a significant size of gamers experiencing nausea while playing Borderlands, even if they do play tons of other FPSes and never faced the problem before
berderlands headbobbing - Google Search

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I felt the same way when I played Max Payne, many years back for a continuous stretch of 8/10 hours,.. :(

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy....I have played that game 6 to 7 hours straight never faced the problem....you need to get rest and play game in shorter interval don't go for long session. :)

noob

Cyborg Agent
stay away from PC for 2 days...close game after 1 or 1.5 hour and take rest for 1 hour again...

try to play in short sessions and take rest

OP
funkysourav

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
comp@ddict said:
it's the FOV, it's meddling with your head dude. It happens, you aren't losing your head or eyes (eye strain confirms it's the FOV that's hurting you)

I feel this way in EVERY Unreal Engine 3 based game, hence "AVOID" (not ME though)
thanks for the clarification Comp@ddict,
its the FOV you're right
i just played 2 hours of Darksiders and an hour of Far Cry2 without any problems
i guess i will have to ditch this game, but i wil give it one last chance with the FOV adjuster trick and/or the Third Person view unlock

if it doesn't work, so long Borderlands (and will keep a suspicious eye on UE3 games)

anyway will take a 2-3 day break from gaming, don't wanna hurt my eyes

@piyush
thanks for the PM buddy, answered :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah you do that. Eyes are more important than gaming. And also if you are facing problem with a particular game you can always play other games. :) :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Never experienced anything like that. We have played this game for 5 hours at stretch, but never felt nauseous. In fact, I have completed it around 3 times now. The only game which made me (almost) nauseous was Mirror's Edge.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I have had.. this problem while playing Fear(1), Prey, Half Life. I got of with half life by adjusting bob effect with some console commands. Rest of them gave me a hard time. Almost felt like vomiting my guts out. Interesting thing is.. all three of these games takes place mostly in closed, congested places.

Never had an issue with Borderlands though.

tkin

Back to school!!
I have had.. this problem while playing Fear(1), Prey, Half Life. I got of with half life by adjusting bob effect with some console commands. Rest of them gave me a hard time. Almost felt like vomiting my guts out. Interesting thing is.. all three of these games takes place mostly in closed, congested places.

Never had an issue with Borderlands though.
I felt this exact issues with Portal 2(for some reason), never felt it with metro 2033(so its not claustrophobia).

I feel this issue very much if I do not find my way in a video game and go to the same place over and over again in circles, soon after a few runs I feel nausea, start to sweat and get a massive headache, I sweat even if I have ac turned on, I used to think this has something to do with refresh rate and frame rate but I feel them occasionally if I lose my way, psychological issue? Maybe mukherjee can answer.

Maybe head bob as pointed by vamsi? But didn't get it with FEAR 2, in crysis with max hud bob(100%) I never felt it, very weird.

PS: I remember a lot of users said they felt nausea and dizziness due to FOVs in game, that's why a lot of users try to madly fix the FOV in games, borderlands being one of them, yes I believe that's it, its the FOV, our eyes cannot compensate for the abnormal FOV in games.

@ funky: Experiment with FOV, I bet its the FOV.

Update: Its answered above by comp@ddict, sorry, missed it.

Top Bottom