K850 sounds better than audio chipped N81!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
but i guess when gsmarena does a comparison that includes frequency charts..do u expect that they plug the earphones in and put them into the slot..comparison is done using advanced techniques and i dont think they will use different standards for different phones...
@yogi-to be fair to SE they need to sell their accessories too..so the fastport and lack of 3 .5 mm jack...and wel..they provide us with HPM-70 headphones while nokia provide their buyers with roadside crap...

That is what i meant to say , these test are done by checking the sound output through the phone chip or amplifier , these tests does not include plugging in headphones and checking the sound quality through it . Now when the phone does not have a proper 3.5mm jack than we will have to use the original headphones or a 3.5mm adapter . When we use an adapter no matter how good or expensive it is there is a slight loss in frequency responce , noise level and stereo crosstalk , in other words there will be loss in sound quality and you wont get the exact audio quality as the readings mentioned . The lack of 3.5mm jack was the main reason why phones from samsung like u600 failed to deliever the musical goods even when the test readings were excellent . No 3.5mm adapter can give 100% sound output as mentioned .

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
i m not talking bout the entire phone/music player as a hardware.. but the dedicated music chips which make a difference.. every phone can be called a hardware but then again not every phone can play music can they?? and YES! u need to specify that.. thats y the starter of this thread has specifically mentioned "chipped n81" if u read carefully! :D

anyway, i dont wanna fight over this coz its a very stupid topic to fight over.. :D

:s....

Yeas Einstein..bravo..ooh i missed chip...ooh..i forgot all phones cant play mp3..

should i say ok baba....

anyways pointless lame stupid argument....

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
That is what i meant to say , these test are done by checking the sound output through the phone chip or amplifier , these tests does not include plugging in headphones and checking the sound quality through it . Now when the phone does not have a proper 3.5mm jack than we will have to use the original headphones or a 3.5mm adapter . When we use an adapter no matter how good or expensive it is there is a slight loss in frequency responce , noise level and stereo crosstalk , in other words there will be loss in sound quality and you wont get the exact audio quality as the readings mentioned . The lack of 3.5mm jack was the main reason why phones from samsung like u600 failed to deliever the musical goods even when the test readings were excellent . No 3.5mm adapter can give 100% sound output as mentioned .

can you please link us to any such source that says so??if not then i guess its better not to comment on that....well..i am yet to find a website that does not tout the samsung phones to be one of the best in the business...samsung is still the second largest manufacturer of cellphones..i dunno where u got that info..anyways..

so for nokia guys its like..when u cant beat em..attack them from watevr way possible .lol....the technology SE uses in its phone manufactured in japan is still way ahead of what nokia has ever sued..BRAVIA screens,20 million colors,exmor xensors for cams used in DSLRs...shame they havent utilized the technology yet in the european market..but its not long waiting anymore...

cheers...

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
can you please link us to any such source that says so??if not then i guess its better not to comment on that....well..i am yet to find a website that does not tout the samsung phones to be one of the best in the business...samsung is still the second largest manufacturer of cellphones..i dunno where u got that info..anyways..

so for nokia guys its like..when u cant beat em..attack them from watevr way possible .lol....the technology SE uses in its phone manufactured in japan is still way ahead of what nokia has ever sued..BRAVIA screens,20 million colors,exmor xensors for cams used in DSLRs...shame they havent utilized the technology yet in the european market..but its not long waiting anymore...

cheers...
I dont know who i am arguing with , so far as for my article regarding 3.5mm adapter , i have learned about it during my engineering studies regarding sound frequencies ( i will provide you with some links) . As for the samsung products read reviews of u600 carefully on mobile-review.com or gsmarena . Learn something about amplifiers from Bang&Olufsen before commenting . And regarding sony , I am not againts it , i have many sony products like k750 and psp which i really admire but even if i like it i dont go on telling people to buy these products and bluff about them . All products no matter which brand they represent have their ups and downs . I am only interested in better product not the brand unlike you .We all in this forum should appreciate better product and not a particular brand .

dtox

The Techno Perv
I dont know who i am arguing with , so far as for my article regarding 3.5mm adapter , i have learned about it during my engineering studies regarding sound frequencies ( i will provide you with some links) . As for the samsung products read reviews of u600 carefully on mobile-review.com or gsmarena . Learn something about amplifiers from Bang&Olufsen before commenting . And regarding sony , I am not againts it , i have many sony products like k750 and psp which i really admire but even if i like it i dont go on telling people to buy these products and bluff about them . All products no matter which brand they represent have their ups and downs . I am only interested in better product not the brand unlike you .We all in this forum should appreciate better product and not a particular brand .

TAALIA!! bravo!! good philosophical post :D +1 to ur post :).. completely agree

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^u r going offtopic...where does amplifiers come in now??..an amplifier is embedded in a phone and i have no idea how the usage of a 3.5mm adapter detoriates the sound quality...and there are more to amplifiers than bang&olufsen..as far as i know they do not produce for mobile handsets..

but somehow my hpm-70 sounds better on the k850 with the adapter plugged in than on the n82..weird...

as for a brand..i have used a nokia and a samsung...but i prefer sony...and when it comes to the turth..i wont give up..
its more easy for u to balst me off..this being a Nokia centric forum..but...i am yet to see anyone coming with sold proof against my statements...when ever i quote something it has been ignored and the crap is turned on again..as if i care neway..

btw..good for u..psp phone to be launched Q1 2009...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
From Mobile-Review (N95 8GB review):

At the end of the day, a standard audio jack is an integral piece of any music-minded solution. It doesn’t matter how good your adapter looks, or how functional it is – any adapter is a wall separating you from a superior sonic experience.

Just like the original Nokia N95, the 8Gb edition allows you to plug in custom earphones into the 3,5 mm jack on the casing or into the socket found on the remote control. Personally, I prefer the former way, and generally, from the perspective of audio quality, that’s the best way to go.

*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n95-8gb-en.shtml

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^^^^u r going offtopic...where does amplifiers come in now??..an amplifier is embedded in a phone and i have no idea how the usage of a 3.5mm adapter detoriates the sound quality...and there are more to amplifiers than bang&olufsen..as far as i know they do not produce for mobile handsets..

OK got you , you dont know anything nor you have any knowledge about what i have posted , you only like to post good about SE . I feel like laughing .

And regarding psp phone , ya i am interested about it but sad that it didnt launch any earlier since i have allready buyed a psp slim .

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
As a fanboy, one cannot afford to become engaged in a protracted argument, because their carefully constructed lack of sense may be torn apart under a spotlight.

-- Quoted from a friends signature in another forum. Modified for this situation :)

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
say whatever...if it hadnt been for me the only phone that would have been ever discussed here would have been the n82 and the brand only nokia...lol...i love it..

as for rohan..u mean to say that the hpm-70 does not any amplifier embedded in it??..okk...that makes great sense.thank you..please care to mention why the hpm-70 sounds louder tahn most headphones and has better bass??...

@krazzy-nice link..

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Hey! Everybody! Does anyone even realize that specs derived from tests such as these hardly matter?

Lets take an example shall we? The iPod Nano's specs beat Sony's walkman series of DAPs. However, the sony is considered by many audiophiles the best portable source known to man, with the only real arguement being that the Cowon might be a bit better due to its purity as compared to sony's Warm signature.

I own a creative Zen, and have heard almost every iPod, ranging from the shuffle to the iTouch, and I can confidently say that the iPods, especially the iTouch come nowhere near close to beating the Zen or even my old w810i in terms of SQ.

When it comes to SQ, subjective testing >>>>> specs.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
as for rohan..u mean to say that the hpm-70 does not any amplifier embedded in it??..okk...that makes great sense.thank you..please care to mention why the hpm-70 sounds louder tahn most headphones and has better bass??...

Dude whatever gave you the idea that headphones have built-in amplifiers in them? Its an absolutely hilarious idea. The amplifiers are built in to the phone or the player. This amplified sound is then sent to the speakers which is then played back. HPM-70 have no built-in amplifier in them. I've even opened the set that I had. There was nothing inside. The HPM-70 sound louder because the SE phones are tuned to work with these phones so that they perform their best with this speakers. The bass is better because its the inherant tendency of these headphones to boost the lower frequencies. All speakers in a way alter the original sound and the best ones are the ones which represent the sound in its truest form without altering any frequency.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Well you havent yet understood the concept and function of an amplifier but anyway the hpm has a good 3.5mm adapter but even then it does not make full use of the phones music potential , for proof try using any normal bluetooth stereo headsets on the same phone and check which one sounds better . There is no obstacle like 3.5mm adapter and hence bluetooth headphones sounds better . Try this experiment with any mobile .I have tried it on w960 using hpm adapter connected to my ep630 and then heard the same song on motorola s9 and s9 was way ahead in sound quality , but we all know ep630 is better then s9 in general . This shows how 3.5mm adapter is a huge bottleneck .

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well you havent yet understood the concept and function of an amplifier but anyway the hpm has a good 3.5mm adapter but even then it does not make full use of the phones music potential , for proof try using any normal bluetooth stereo headsets on the same phone and check which one sounds better . There is no obstacle like 3.5mm adapter and hence bluetooth headphones sounds better . Try this experiment with any mobile .I have tried it on w960 using hpm adapter connected to my ep630 and then heard the same song on motorola s9 and s9 was way ahead in sound quality , but we all know ep630 is better then s9 in general . This shows how 3.5mm adapter is a huge bottleneck .

Dude Rohan you seem to be having a misconception just like amd. Even though bluetooth stereo headsets have no wires that does not mean they sound better than wired headphones. Quite the opposite actually. In bluetooth stereo headsets, before the sound is sent from the phone to the headset, the sound is compressed so that the data that is sent is smaller which prevents the lagging of sound. This compressed data is then received at the headset and then uncompressed and played back. Now what happens is that this compressing and uncompressing of data results in loss in sound quality as the methods involved aren't perfectly lossless. Nowadays obviously there has been an advancement and the technique has been improved but still there is a small loss in sound quality. This is exactly the reason why audiophiles don't use wireless headphones even if they're made by a company like Sennheiser because of the loss in sound quality. For now wired headphones are still the best. And the shorter the wire, the better.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^exactly..the basic trnaspehr rate through bluetooth is 2.1 mbit per second...which is much lower than that of wired headsets..as a result much of the detail is left behind in sonic transpher from the hpone to the headset...with the advent of Bluetooth 3..the bottlenecks will dissapear with transpher rates ranking to more than 15 mbits/sec..differentiating between normal and bluetooth headsets would be tough then...

and how on earth did the s9 come tops over the hpm 70??thts pure crap..either u dont have a sound for music..or ur ahead of the time.. :D

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Dude Rohan you seem to be having a misconception just like amd. Even though bluetooth stereo headsets have no wires that does not mean they sound better than wired headphones.
That was not what i was trying to say , try to understand that i was referring to 3.5mm adapter . Wired headphones sure sound better then bluetooth stereo headphones but i war trying to explain the obstacle created by a 3.5mm headphone adapter .
clear?

@amd64_man....
First read my post clearly and then comment . I said that i used the hpm 3.5mm adapter on w960 to connect it with ep630 .The sound quality of ep-630 which was connected to w960 through the adapter was not as good as the s9 .

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
First of all the audio signal thru the 3.5mm jack is analogue whereas in bluetooth transmission, its digital. In a bluetooth transmission the low transfer rate can be a bottleneck. But for a 35mm jack, there s nothin like bottleneck, coz there cant be a bottleneck for an analogue signal.
But surenny, the audio signal quality deteriorates when it passes thru the copper cable nd the 3.5mm connector. In order to minimize this gold platinf nd OFCs are used. And SE phones cables are OFC[Oxygen free copper which is the best in carrying audio signal with least loss due to absense of impurities like oxygen molecules] nd the 3.5mm female[on the fast port] nd male [on HPM 70 or EP 630]. So naturally there will be least chance of signal loss or noise.
But the HPM-70's impedance is bit lower than EP 630. Its due to the coil resistance inside the speaker driver. Also the speaker driver's magnet quality matter, like neodimium magnets is best for speaker purposes.
A bluetooth headset on the other hand needs amp on headset as it shud be pre amped after converting to analog for speakers. It has already lost some quality while conversion, so the the quality will depend mainly on the amp quality nd the speaker driver[includes coil material, diaphram dimension, nd magnet quality]. Some bluetooth headset produce good sound coz it can amp nd do some processing on the analog audio[it has got its own batter power but 3.5mm jack has limitation in power it receives from the pin].

So what i mean to say is that transmission thru cable is nyday better nd cost effective as same quality on wireless media will need much more ckts,precessing nd amping to attain same quality.

@rohan_mhtr
u cant just compare the quality of different player/phones on reference with a bluetooth headset coz its quality depends on what level of compression the ADC in phone uses to transmit the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom