K850 sounds better than audio chipped N81!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
thnx

i forgot to add some points which really matter

the earbud type ear/headphones wud feel much powerful to our ears than earphones. It isolates the background noise with a rubber or soft silicon cup which does its job real well. For first time users, it wud feel like a new world, completely isolated from world nd wud feel like he has entered a world of music[ONLY FOR FIRST TIME USERS OF EARBUDTYPE]. That type of earbuds even if not perfect in producing all frequencies[ just in case] in balance, we wud feel like real good. Mainly coz it 'traps' the sound nd the silicon bud too has a role in producing some bass. The punching air when collided with the silicon[acts as a diaphram] which is airtight inside ears produce additional bass. U can feel the bass is reduced to 30~40 % if u keep the earbuds one mm away from ears enuf gap for air to enter spoiling the airtight 'theater' like experience.
Such earbuds usually dun have large diaphrams producing bass. It just produces bass by pushing air which in turn is converted to bass by the isolator.
The speakers in those earbuds will be underpowered compared to earphones like Apples,Nokia nd SE's K series earphones.
Also the earbud type one will consume less power than similar performance earphone type at same volume nd equalizer levels.

If u want best in market earbud type ones, then these are some from brands like Klipsch, Altec nd Creative Aurvana, Bose etc[some one which will cost as much as a cowon player :)]

And if the real quality has to be compared, then the audio out of each device has to be directly connected to a Audio Spectrum Analyzer.
And an xtreme 1-1 comparison b/w two already good performing players isn't fair, coz when we dig deep into this word 'performance' it actually means wat sounds best to our ears which might vary from person to person.
And if someone who is get used with his player[which managed to impress him much], wont sometimes find some other player[which someone might argue to be better than the former] that impressive coz it wont be the kinda sound he prefers.

Some people like heavy bass pumped to their drums while some like crymbals to be drilled thru their ears. Btw Y shud we want to prove others???Its gud enuf if we[me or he :)] is/are satisfied to a gud extend with it.

BTW, i was extremely satisfied with my old W700i and HPM-70 until the phone fall dead[after a small accident] nd my HPM-70 was stolen from classroom[ :( ].

I like SE phones very much especially in budget catogory [other are also too gud], coz of its sound quality[im not saying its best but really gud for the price] it offers along with other usual stuffs.
Now im planning on a K550i nd use custom acoustics nd use my older HPM-70's fast port connector[ it was not stolen] with my EP-630, until i finish by studies.
Maybe in near future i can get a clipsch earbuds + a cowon:)

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
First of all the audio signal thru the 3.5mm jack is analogue whereas in bluetooth transmission, its digital. In a bluetooth transmission the low transfer rate can be a bottleneck. But for a 35mm jack, there s nothin like bottleneck, coz there cant be a bottleneck for an analogue signal.
But surenny, the audio signal quality deteriorates when it passes thru the copper cable nd the 3.5mm connector. In order to minimize this gold platinf nd OFCs are used. And SE phones cables are OFC[Oxygen free copper which is the best in carrying audio signal with least loss due to absense of impurities like oxygen molecules] nd the 3.5mm female[on the fast port] nd male [on HPM 70 or EP 630]. So naturally there will be least chance of signal loss or noise.
But the HPM-70's impedance is bit lower than EP 630. Its due to the coil resistance inside the speaker driver. Also the speaker driver's magnet quality matter, like neodimium magnets is best for speaker purposes.
A bluetooth headset on the other hand needs amp on headset as it shud be pre amped after converting to analog for speakers. It has already lost some quality while conversion, so the the quality will depend mainly on the amp quality nd the speaker driver[includes coil material, diaphram dimension, nd magnet quality]. Some bluetooth headset produce good sound coz it can amp nd do some processing on the analog audio[it has got its own batter power but 3.5mm jack has limitation in power it receives from the pin].

So what i mean to say is that transmission thru cable is nyday better nd cost effective as same quality on wireless media will need much more ckts,precessing nd amping to attain same quality.

@rohan_mhtr
u cant just compare the quality of different player/phones on reference with a bluetooth headset coz its quality depends on what level of compression the ADC in phone uses to transmit the media.
Yup thanks for the imfo , but i was comparing the sound quality of the headphones via 3.5mm adapter and not the bluetooth device .

dtox

The Techno Perv
thnx

i forgot to add some points which really matter

the earbud type ear/headphones wud feel much powerful to our ears than earphones. It isolates the background noise with a rubber or soft silicon cup which does its job real well. For first time users, it wud feel like a new world, completely isolated from world nd wud feel like he has entered a world of music[ONLY FOR FIRST TIME USERS OF EARBUDTYPE]. That type of earbuds even if not perfect in producing all frequencies[ just in case] in balance, we wud feel like real good. Mainly coz it 'traps' the sound nd the silicon bud too has a role in producing some bass. The punching air when collided with the silicon[acts as a diaphram] which is airtight inside ears produce additional bass. U can feel the bass is reduced to 30~40 % if u keep the earbuds one mm away from ears enuf gap for air to enter spoiling the airtight 'theater' like experience.
Such earbuds usually dun have large diaphrams producing bass. It just produces bass by pushing air which in turn is converted to bass by the isolator.
The speakers in those earbuds will be underpowered compared to earphones like Apples,Nokia nd SE's K series earphones.
Also the earbud type one will consume less power than similar performance earphone type at same volume nd equalizer levels.

If u want best in market earbud type ones, then these are some from brands like Klipsch, Altec nd Creative Aurvana, Bose etc[some one which will cost as much as a cowon player :)]

And if the real quality has to be compared, then the audio out of each device has to be directly connected to a Audio Spectrum Analyzer.
And an xtreme 1-1 comparison b/w two already good performing players isn't fair, coz when we dig deep into this word 'performance' it actually means wat sounds best to our ears which might vary from person to person.
And if someone who is get used with his player[which managed to impress him much], wont sometimes find some other player[which someone might argue to be better than the former] that impressive coz it wont be the kinda sound he prefers.

Some people like heavy bass pumped to their drums while some like crymbals to be drilled thru their ears. Btw Y shud we want to prove others???Its gud enuf if we[me or he :)] is/are satisfied to a gud extend with it.

BTW, i was extremely satisfied with my old W700i and HPM-70 until the phone fall dead[after a small accident] nd my HPM-70 was stolen from classroom[ :( ].

I like SE phones very much especially in budget catogory [other are also too gud], coz of its sound quality[im not saying its best but really gud for the price] it offers along with other usual stuffs.
Now im planning on a K550i nd use custom acoustics nd use my older HPM-70's fast port connector[ it was not stolen] with my EP-630, until i finish by studies.
Maybe in near future i can get a clipsch earbuds + a cowon:)

u hav nailed it man!! had u posted this earlier we would have avoided 4 pages of pointless discussion!! :D

Pathik

Google Bot
Awesome post dude. Take 8 days from now on but post such things. :p :D
krazzy's last posts were good too.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
this thread is going to be the one which is going to be featured in digit in the upcoming month

this thread is too funny :D:D:D

and many people's are making a fool of themselves i will not mention there username.

i just wanted to know how is the sound quality of N73 ME which i own

and do not start jumping on me like monkeys n73 is **** SE is far ahead i just wanted to know is my phone in the race or not ?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
this thread is going to be the one which is going to be featured in digit in the upcoming month

this thread is too funny :D:D:D

and many people's are making a fool of themselves i will not mention there username.

i just wanted to know how is the sound quality of N73 ME which i own

and do not start jumping on me like monkeys n73 is **** SE is far ahead i just wanted to know is my phone in the race or not ?

+1 :))

Such threads are intresting to read when you have time to kill.
Thanks to krazzy & dominator for imparting some good knowledge :)
I think from now onwards, I will make a pdf copy of such threads & read them to later in my life. :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
N73 ME is a nice phone if music is concerned. But u need to pair it with a better earphones like EP-630 which is for as low as 800 bucks.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
i today bought EP-50 for 200rs this earphone simply rocks

the dullness which i was getting from n73 ME earphone has been fixed by using this

there is only one prob

the length of earphone is NOW about 3 metre gr

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^then the length would have been 40 cm..hes using an N73...u cant use the adapter..only the earphones which are not too long..

Hrithan2020

In the zone
HPM-70 grey market ones sound pathetic.(maybe better than ep-50).To make decent use of ur N73-ME buy at least an ep-630 @ Rs 800.Make sure that its genuine.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
This is a great thread with some great posts which give u a lot of knowledge...

I was unaware abt a lot of things previously which have been clarified after reading the posts.....

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Greymarket ones are genuine ones but w/o bill nd warranty. Most shops sell imitations or fake one saying its a greymarket ones.
Just listen few tracks nd u can find the odd one out.
Real greymarket ones sounds same as genuine ones. I myself bought one for my friend for 400/-[bit high] which sounds same as original. But i saw few fake ones also for much lower price.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
arre someone thank me for creating the thread too.. :D

heres a freebie..dint feel like making a new thread..

the SE p5i-the uiq flagship

5mp cam
uiq 3.3
gps
wifi
qwerty keypad etc etc

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=aceN_NYSmJ8&fmt=18

Pathik

Google Bot
^Arey tu to star hai yaar. :D
Arey krazzy sir I was joking. But do support RR now. I cant see that Warney taking the cup. :p
Aur thode aise ache post kar.

dtox

The Techno Perv
arre someone thank me for creating the thread too.. :D

heres a freebie..dint feel like making a new thread..

the SE p5i-the uiq flagship

5mp cam
uiq 3.3
gps
wifi
qwerty keypad etc etc

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=aceN_NYSmJ8&fmt=18

lol.. dude u can replace hrithik roshan as brand ambassador of sony eriksson (i hope u can dance) :D... i am gonna personally mail them and ask them to pay you for advertising and publicising SE fones.. atleast on this forum.. :D he he

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom