K850 sounds better than audio chipped N81!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
@AMD
HEY I knw tht ur a se fan boy , i have seen many threads here in which you always support se. Don't talk about modding k750i to damn wxxx, we nokia beat you blue black. :p

vista__n00b

Broken In
^^^the attack was on me to start with...
Well then I m sorry for the misunderstanding but OP quoting me in his post got me confused.
Peace to the OP ;)
..i never compared the k850 to the ipod..
No because that wouldn't serve your purpose of demeaning nokia's products while pimping SE in yet another thread.
gsmarena siad that the newer SE mobiles are quite close when it comes to quality to the ipod..well..i guess ur better than the experts..join gsmarena then.. :D
gsmarena didn't say that SE mobiles are close to the iPods...they are saying that these mobiles beat the iPods completely. Now if you want to believe any such thing...then look for my comment about "senses".

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@AMD
HEY I knw tht ur a se fan boy , i have seen many threads here in which you always support se. Don't talk about modding k750i to damn wxxx, we nokia beat you blue black. :p

What are u talking about??do u know what u are posting...yes i support SE..so??
wats the big deal??

@vista..

i have nothing agaist u..gsmarena being the best cell review site in the world has said so..and acc to u..they said that SE betters the ipod...i dont think i should waste my time listening to ur crap then..i go by what the xpert says..not by what a noob(pun intended) says...

and i have no intention of looking thru ur posts..if u want to..then quote ur post again..not that i will refer to that anyway..lol..

and to all..watever i post..i provide you with suffient information and proofs to back it up..u nokia fanboys cant even come up with anything substantial..if u cant..then please keep quiet and dont make a fool of yourself..

Last edited:

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
These sites say anything , on the other hand mobile-review.com says that n81 is better sounding then w960 !!!! *www.mobile-review.com/review/n81-vs-w960-en.shtml
How many sony fans can believe this?? I have heard from both this phones(k850 and n81) and both are same only if the total volume of n81 is kept on about 80% otherwise if the sound volume is full then n81 is louder and easily the winner . I have not heard from a modded k850 though .

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
well proofs are provided when these phones were reviewed seperately . I will provide the links soon and in their review even nokia 5310 had better sound and sonic experience then latest walkman models from SE .

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ amd shame on you... creating a big fight club esque topic and staying under covers :)
I see techsoft hasnt still replied to my post... and he still insists on being a nokia fanboy...

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
ok here is the link , check it out *www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n81-en.shtml#16

so according to mobile_review.com sound quality of n81 is as follows

requency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB:
+0.17, -1.35​
Average​
Noise level, dB (A):
-84.8​
Good
Dynamic range, dB (A):
84.2​
Good
THD, %:
0.056​
Average​
IMD, %:
0.062​
Good​
Stereo crosstalk, dB:
-72.7​
Good​
Intermodulation at 10 kHz, %:
0.133​
Average​

Here n81 is better then k850 and by the way even better then w960 .

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I am not here to tell you which all headphones I have, cos some of them might simply be out of your reach (considering your comments regarding the phones and pmps) but it is a well known fact that any decent pmps (like iPod) would kick every mobile phones posterior in any listening tests...no issues!!! I am not saying that iPod sounds the best in pmps category (totally debatable) but anyone saying (or even worse...believing) that they sound worse then these mobile phones must be out of his/her senses.

Hey,noob no use arguing with u.So u dont even get a decent earphone and keep blabbering about i-pod's audio quality.It seems u have an ingrained prejudice against mobile phones and are not even willing to try them out.BTW,u r pea-sized brain cant even fathom how a really good music sounds.

LOL!!! You would pity a guy who doesn't have good ear for music? Then what would you do to a guy who doesn't have eyes to read simple text or even the basic IQ to analyse what is written?

Excuse me,who was the one who couldnt understand a simple freq resp table.

Last edited:
OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ok here is the link , check it out *www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n81-en.shtml#16

so according to mobile_review.com sound quality of n81 is as follows

requency response (from 40 Hz to 15 kHz), dB:
+0.17, -1.35​
Average​
Noise level, dB (A):
-84.8​
Good
Dynamic range, dB (A):
84.2​
Good
THD, %:
0.056​
Average​
IMD, %:
0.062​
Good​
Stereo crosstalk, dB:
-72.7​
Good​
Intermodulation at 10 kHz, %:
0.133​
Average​

Here n81 is better then k850 and by the way even better then w960 .

where is k850s?????check the gsmarena version of the k850..still the k850 beats it.. :D

LOL!!!!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Mobile-Review had indeed given all the graphs and tables in the respective reviews of W960i and N81. In the comparison what they did, is what I believe is far more relevant, i.e. they used a group of people who listened to both the phones and then rated them. This gives a far better idea of the sound than any graph or table. This same technique they used in all their previous comparisons when RMAA tests weren't there.

As for comparison with dedicated music players like iPods is concerned, I think these players are still ahead of the mobile phones. However these phones have nearly caught up and in no time will surpass the quality of these dedicated music players. So much so that in a couple of years, there probably won't be any dedicated music players left and people will be using their cell phones for listening to music. Isn't that what happened to dedicated PDA's? Now nobody uses them anymore and our phones are our PDA's. Same will happen about dedicated cameras. Convergence is the way to go.

vista__n00b

Broken In
i have nothing agaist u..gsmarena being the best cell review site in the world has said so..and acc to u..they said that SE betters the ipod...i dont think i should waste my time listening to ur crap then..i go by what the xpert says..not by what a noob(pun intended) says...
Talk about someone having not even a single ounce of brains and believing in everything that some random site talks about without using his common sense...
u nokia fanboys cant even come up with anything substantial..if u cant..then please keep quiet and dont make a fool of yourself..
I guess it is clear to almost everyone on this forum that who is a fanboy and who is making a fool of himself by not being able to grasp even the simplest of facts!
Hrithan2020 said:
Hey,noob no use arguing with u.So u dont even get a decent earphone and keep blabbering about i-pod's audio quality.It seems u have an ingrained prejudice against mobile phones and are not even willing to try them out.BTW,u r pea-sized brain cant even fathom how a really good music sounds.
hey "sH*it"han202...keep your mouth shut when you don't even know what someone else is using...alright? I don't have any prejudice against mobile phones or in favour of pmps...it is a common sense that should prevail in you kids. I wonder why you people can't see this simple thing. Any mobile phone on this date cannot beat dedicated pmps in music playing capabilities! What ever will happen tomorrow is for everyone to guess but this is the fact today. Why is it so hard for you people to accept? :eek:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess it is clear to almost everyone on this forum that who is a fanboy and who is making a fool of himself by not being able to grasp even the simplest of facts!
Yeah, its clear...Its you.....:D

You are the one who is not accepting what GSMArena has said - the simplest of facts....

First of all hear any Walkman fone or K850i....You'll automatically come to know the difference.....

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^hey dude..this is not done...why are u calling others names??..

and we all can see whos the idiot here..so please shut up will u...

and what simple facts are u talking bout??

the fact that gsmarena said that modern phones bweat the **** out of pmps is too hard for u to grasp..i own an ipod and i can say that my k850 sounds better..it has better bass..but mayb a bit low on the highs and mids...and thats enuf to keep my phone on the benches

get a life dude..if u cant grasp the facts..put ur ipod to ur ear and chillax..dont call other names and get banned!!!

hey gagan..was nt fr u..

cheers to delhi.. :D

vista__n00b

Broken In
^^^^hey dude..this is not done...why are u calling others names??..
Hey dude this was not started by me. I have been talking in the simplest of terms when you people have been trying to attack anyone who talks against your beloved SE's
the fact that gsmarena said that modern phones bweat the **** out of pmps is too hard for u to grasp..i own an ipod and i can say that my k850 sounds better..
You've gotta get your iPod serviced man or completely replaced. LOL!!!!
get a life dude..
LOL!!! A guy who logs on an internet forum (?almost daily) through his computer to pimp SE mobile phones, is telling an infrequent user to get a life? That my dear sir is the joke of the century. :)

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
LOL!!!!LOL!!! A guy who logs on an internet forum (?almost daily) through his computer to pimp SE mobile phones, is telling an infrequent user to get a life? That my dear sir is the joke of the century. :)

OMG!!!!!

i have nothing to say at that...either u are totally retarded..or have lost all common sense...
newaz..its my life and my job to decide what to do with it...if i support SE..i do it for a reason....
btw...ur not contradicting me when ur supporting ur ipod..u r contradicting gsmarena..so wateva u say agianst me in this post will be against that site..coz wateva i m saying is what they have actually said...u were telling sumthin??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom