K850 sounds better than audio chipped N81!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Test (Frequency response) Noise level Dynamic range THD IMD + Noise Stereo crosstalk

Apple iPod +0.41, -1.16 -91.6 91.8 0.0043 0.015 -83.6
Samsung i550 +0.74, -0.76 -90.8 86.9 0.0024 0.033 -89.1
Sony Eric K850 +0.21, -1.04 -85.7 88.8 0.014 0.030 -84.8
Nokia N81 +0.39, -1.13 -86.6 95.8 0.041 0.040 -69.9

frequency response..lower the better
noise level-higher the better
dynamic range-higher the better
thd..lower the better
imd+noise-lower the better
steroe rosstalk-higher the better

to all those guys who had any doubt about SE's audio capabilities..a non walkman phone like the k850 beats the n81, which supposedly has an audio chip..so guys...SE RULEZZZ...and gsmarena has proved it..

Source

Last edited:

vista__n00b

Broken In
Test (Frequency response) Noise level Dynamic range THD IMD + Noise Stereo crosstalk

Apple iPod +0.41, -1.16 -91.6 91.8 0.0043 0.015 -83.6
Samsung i550 +0.74, -0.76 -90.8 86.9 0.0024 0.033 -89.1
Sony Eric K850 +0.21, -1.04 -85.7 88.8 0.014 0.030 -84.8
Nokia N81 +0.39, -1.13 -86.6 95.8 0.041 0.040 -69.9
According to what you post...we are supposed to believe that all these so-called "music/camera phones" sound better than a dedicated Apple iPod? Anyone who has listened to an iPod even for a minute will call that insane...simply insane...

These figures seem to be either absolute crap or way skewed in some direction...

i have used n81 for sometime and i think the sound quality of this phone is awesome
and also get 2-3 times my friend k850i
i don't think k850i has not better sound than n81.
n81 is the best phone for music from nokia and k850i is cybetshot phone
so you want to say that se's k series is better for music than nokia's music phones

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
According to what you post...we are supposed to believe that all these so-called "music/camera phones" sound better than a dedicated Apple iPod? Anyone who has listened to an iPod even for a minute will call that insane...simply insane...

These figures seem to be either absolute crap or way skewed in some direction...

wel thats poof..according to gsmarena....and dude..the ipood doesnt sound as good as some of u thinks it does....the cowons and the creatives are miles better...

@choice-i dint say that..GSMARENA did..so long..

dtox

The Techno Perv
the tests are all legitimate and carried out professionally.. try this page if u don't believe..

*www.gsmarena.com/latest_features-review-171p2.php

and the comparision made which was pointed out by amd64_man is here.. its done with spectrum graphs and everything.. just scroll down a bit..

*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w980-review-250p6.php

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hehe yeah, even a 6000 bucks modded K750 sounds better than a 26000 bucks N series phone :) Especially with stereo speakers and the equalizer patch :)

vista__n00b

Broken In
....and dude..the ipood doesnt sound as good as some of u thinks it does....the cowons and the creatives are miles better...
...dude...have you ever owned anything called as a dedicated MP3 player? and btw i am not talking about those cheap cheeni maal people are picking from road side shops these days.

As I earlier said that either these tests are skewed in some way or the setup is completely wrong...no mobile phone can beat iPods at playing music...even thinking something like this is insane (forget about believing it). As far as the proof by gsmarena is concerned...well you take heart in those tests while I listen to my crappy sounding iPod :rolleyes:

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^LOL..i have had an ipod for 4 years now..please dont teach me as to how an ipod sounds...its now stored classily in a drawer..dunno where..and i have no intention o carrying that bulk whereever i go..just for the sake of listening to "better" quality music..and ipod doesnt mean chinese maal..manufactured by apple..if u dint get me..

i have used the creative zen too...and its way better..but i prefer my K850...

Hrithan2020

In the zone

I pity u my friend.It seems u r the one who doesnt have a good ear for music.Have u really listened to music on a n-81 or w950?.With which earphonse did u test? not the higher end ones i assume(shure,bose,sennheisser pricier ones).But,have heard with sennheisser base models,the response seems better on i-pod,sm1 pls confirm.
In pmps,its the cowons,i-river's,zen's,sony awz's that rule the roost in terms of audio quality.I wonder whether these music phones would beat any of these.

@choicefreedom2000,
It is only the k-850 which has the audio quality to compete with n-81(debatable whether it beats it)amongst the k-series phones.Its because it was meant as a flagship model for SE at that time.So it has most of the features of the walkman series too such as the Megabass.So w-960 wont have any major difference in audio quality over the k-850.

Last edited:

dtox

The Techno Perv
the best thing bout SE is that u can put custom acoustics.. i m sure it sounds better than the pod after putting them.. but then again.. this is to my ears..

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
5mp super cam + brilliant sound=K850..cheers to SE..and the sound has improved with the latter firmwares...

*www.flickr.com/photos/21179102@N07/

not my pics..but taken by a guy named plank in esato..ne comments??phone k850.

Last edited:

dtox

The Techno Perv
hmm.. k850i has good cam.. wonder if its better than n82 ka cam.. sound tho is definetly better in k850i

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom