ive got 65 k to blow on a new PC

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
@ sam lol he could launch our exclusive SAM missile with the extreme edition cool buddy chip. :D biostar will have to make a new socket for thre behind to fit anywhee if that hits them.

cmng back to the topic
northbridge will be completely removed from the mother board , that is the fusion platform.its cpu plus gpu. and the gpu will handle floating point units now.

and yes am3r is to support quad channel memory and the family is called llano.
its more of like phenom II deneb. its not on buldozer core.

Cilus

laborare est orare
@ sam lol he could launch our exclusive SAM missile with the extreme edition cool buddy chip. :D biostar will have to make a new socket for thre behind to fit anywhee if that hits them.

cmng back to the topic
northbridge will be completely removed from the mother board , that is the fusion platform.its cpu plus gpu. and the gpu will handle floating point units now.

I think Aby geek is right. I made a mistake while saying current gen AMD mobos will support 32 nm Llano will be needing a new motherboard chip-set. It is predicted in Andnatech and Tomshardware.

But still AMD based solution is better future proof than the Intel based one.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
theres a missing link cilus , the 32nm x6 which are due this year they am a lil sure will support AM3 , coz no ones a fool to launch a new socket at the end of the year just for fun.

though i am loving the idea of 4/8-core zambezi based on buldozer.by the way APU is accelerated processing unit , few tech sites and blogs are writing it wrong.

cilus any way i dont think chiroo can wait till march or even jan for that matter.
the only thing wrong with soon to be replace (STR) lineups they wil run for 3 years no doubt i dont think a lynnfield will be replaced after april or blomfiel after december
2011 if prob occurs.

and i dont believe intel will handout equivalent sandy bridges for compensation.

aah and there was somethng i hard about clarkdales going to servers and workstations.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
I think people are confusing between futureproof and compatibility. Future proof means you PC should able to the run the games/programs that would be available in future. It doesn't mean it would require lesser hardware upgrades, to move to the latest technology.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
pulsar what about that portion of the consumer who have heart attack after hearing "u got obsolete pc dude"

just for those who want exclusive bragging rights. i thought that way.

though you are absolutely right , but phasing out of a product line gradually kills service for it too.

though its negligiable in most cases , but sometimes its a big boulder.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

where you came to know Llano will support quad memory channel?

& yes. that bit of info right. the first APU will be based on Phenom II architecture, maybe shrinking it to 32nm.

theres a missing link cilus , the 32nm x6 which are due this year they am a lil sure will support AM3 , coz no ones a fool to launch a new socket at the end of the year just for fun.

though i am loving the idea of 4/8-core zambezi based on buldozer.by the way APU is accelerated processing unit , few tech sites and blogs are writing it wrong.

any link to that 32nm 6 cores coming this year? i doubt.

also its actually a 4core. OS see it as 8 cores. its much more efficient than Intel stupid HT.

though you are absolutely right , but phasing out of a product line gradually kills service for it too.

not much in case of processors, but graphics cards & motherboards it matters a lot. but also as motherboard matters so its directly related to processors too. forcing upgrade both.

for the price given the core i5 rig rocks at gaming. One can OC it easily to close to 4Ghz, when the need arises.

i5 750 can be OC to 4.5Ghz with a good cooler.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
AMD Game Forums - Bulldozer CPU will require new socket?

sam here these people are discussing about the new ssocket , though i did not mean to imply that llano is final with quad channle , but these guys say amd is skiping tripple channel and it will eitthere be quad or double.

and since am3r is for llano i think quad may be true.

though its most possible quad will be exclusive to 12 core opterons "morellano"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pulsar no qualms about the abv confg , jaskanwar never dissapoints.

but seriously why not these :
core i7 860 + msi p55 gd65 : increses total by 4.3k i.e 64.7 (well within budget.)

core i7 930 +msi x58 pro : 13.9k+10.8k +42.7k = 67400

and if opting for benq g2220 hd , then 1200 bucks more are saved .

so 860 setup comes out to 63.5k and 930 setup will be 66200.

i was just quiet curious and surprised to see why didnt sam and jaskanwar suggest it.

though, i think i got their point now.
its that buy most affordable now so that ur heart doesnt flinch throwing it away for sandybridge.

so now op can see his upgradation span , if it is to be huge then amd if its moderate then intel.

i hope iam right now?

sorry about the confusion sam theres no 32 nm x6 but actually thuban based x4's. wch are for q3 2010.

and heres al clarif ication for the lineup.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_future_AMD_microprocessors

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

sam here these people are discussing about the new ssocket , though i did not mean to imply that llano is final with quad channle , but these guys say amd is skiping tripple channel and it will eitthere be quad or double.

and since am3r is for llano i think quad may be true.

though its most possible quad will be exclusive to 12 core opterons "morellano"

for now its best to take that quad memory ch as a grain of salt. cause i7, its powerful enough & can handle 3 memory channels. so it got. now quad channels will need a even powerful proccy (to utilize it fully). else it may turn out to be like a 9500GT with 2Gb DDR2 memory.

yes, i agree with the second part. quad memory should be according to me limited to Magny Cours's successor. cause desktop can't utilize 2Gb memory well. what will peoples do with 4X1Gb or say 4X2Gb :shock:

about the Core i7 860 thing, i not so good on the Intel side. so not suggested. with a hell lot of combinations, i'll end up getting more confused than OP :smile:

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

sorry about the confusion sam theres no 32 nm x6 but actually thuban based x4's. wch are for q3 2010.

and heres al clarif ication for the lineup.
List of future AMD microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as i thought. 32nms will take sometime to appear. & a 32nm X5 in 2010. its almost impossible for AMD.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
lol i manged to make a veteran dizzy. maybe amd should launch me in q4 2010.
intel will have to sell potato chips then.:D

pulsar_swift

Youngling

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pulsar no qualms about the abv confg , jaskanwar never dissapoints.

but seriously why not these :
core i7 860 + msi p55 gd65 : increses total by 4.3k i.e 64.7 (well within budget.)

core i7 930 +msi x58 pro : 13.9k+10.8k +42.7k = 67400

and if opting for benq g2220 hd , then 1200 bucks more are saved .

so 860 setup comes out to 63.5k and 930 setup will be 66200.

i was just quiet curious and surprised to see why didnt sam and jaskanwar suggest it.

though, i think i got their point now.
its that buy most affordable now so that ur heart doesnt flinch throwing it away for sandybridge.

so now op can see his upgradation span , if it is to be huge then amd if its moderate then intel.

i hope iam right now?

baba, OP has to purchase UPS and TV tuner card also, the config requires a 1KVA UPS for decent backup. A 1.1KVA APC UPS costs Rs 4750 and some Rs XXX for TV Tuner card.

Unless OP is in to encoding stuff X6 doesn't make sense.

For a i7 config with UPS + Monitor+ KB+M one needs atleast 75K

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In
guys lets forget intel now ....im not a hardcore gamer so that extra performance is of no use that i5 750 or the i7 offers .....even when i had to build a pc for my friend i got him a phenom x4 ...so i think ill stick to the x6 .....i believe the x6 can handle most games at medium resolutions ...if not i have the option of ocing it ...... right now gaming is not my concern ...some of my photoshop projects are on hold currently ....its nothing big any new i5 or i7 or x4 for that matter can handle it

so my final question can the x6 1055t handle crysis and burnout paradise in medium resolutions ??? if yes im off to purchase it :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yes, photoshop will work better on more cores, so if that is your primary use, better go for X6 than i5 or i7.
And, games are mostly handled by graphics cards, how much a bottleneck can a processor become that your graphics card won't run crysis even at medium settings?

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In
ive got 68 k to blow on a new PC - PART II

first i wanna thank cilius ,sam.shab, aby geek ,pulsar swift for your suggestions on the previous thread

tomorrow is the d-day ;-)

this is what i got as final prices
AMD phenom II x6 1055T-------------------- 9650
gigabyte GA 890GPA UD3H ------------------10000
2X2 GB DDR3 1333 kingston ------------------5000
LG H55N DVD writer --------------------------900
coolermaster 690 cabinet --------------------4000
coolermaster gx 550 W PSU ------------------4150
24" BENQ E 2400 ( 2420 not available) -------11700
logitech MX518 mouse -----------------------1400
logitech multimedia keyboard ------------------400
SAPPHIER RADEON HD 5850 -----------------15650
APC 650W UPS ------------------------------2900
SENNHIESER HD 201 -------------------------1150

TOTAL -------------------------------------68,800 +5% TAX
GRAND TOTAL Rs 72,240

now i know this is a good price but my MAX budget is only 71K ....i believe the prices will still come down but there are a few questions

1) should i stay with 1055t or should i get x4 955BE at Rs 7650
x4 can handle photoshop but will be better in games ,right now i am skeptical about the 6 core processors what do u suggest ? anyways i am not gonna utilize the 6 cores completely - but there is no harm in having one --- this is my major dilemma

2) is the 650 w ups sufficient ???? i am not expecting great backup ....just 5-10 mins so that i can save my work or games and shut down the pc ....i am fearing that as soon as power goes in case i am playing crysis it will shut down

3) there is no supply of benq g 2420 ...he is insisting i buy the benq E 2400 at 11.7K or there is the option of going for DELL ST 2410 at rs 12250 ...im searching for some reviews right now

SO GUYS I WANT TO MAKE UP MY MIND BEFORE TONIGHT ---- or else i cant sleep tight

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Re: ive got 68 k to blow on a new PC - PART II

The main components are chosen correctly. However some modification are need to optimize the solution.

Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 9.6
ECS 890GXM-A @ 7.5k
Corsair TR3X2G-1333 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit @ 7k

I recommended the ECS board as I got a review in here. It is very good gaming mobo for budget.

If you want to reduce the price, go for a cheaper cabinet. Zebronics XCLIO BLACKHAWK is a good cabinet at budget.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ chiroo
Don't go for trichannel 6gb kit as amd supports only dual channel memory. Tri channels are for intel's i7 9 series i.e bloomfield & gulftown.

Your 4gb kit was great so go for it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

If the OP, ever decides to full load his PSU then the UPS will not hold up. It can only provide holding power of ~ 420W. As of now, that much load will never occur, but in the future (more powerful GPU/heavy OC), might cause an issue. For now, it is fine.

Top Bottom