ive got 65 k to blow on a new PC

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: ive got 68 k to blow on a new PC - PART II

first i wanna thank cilius ,sam.shab, aby geek ,pulsar swift for your suggestions on the previous thread

tomorrow is the d-day ;-)

this is what i got as final prices
AMD phenom II x6 1055T-------------------- 9650
gigabyte GA 890GPA UD3H ------------------10000
2X2 GB DDR3 1333 kingston ------------------5000
LG H55N DVD writer --------------------------900
coolermaster 690 cabinet --------------------4000
coolermaster gx 550 W PSU ------------------4150

24" BENQ E 2400 ( 2420 not available) -------11700
logitech MX518 mouse -----------------------1400
logitech multimedia keyboard ------------------400
SAPPHIER RADEON HD 5850 -----------------15650
APC 650W UPS ------------------------------2900
SENNHIESER HD 201 -------------------------1150

TOTAL -------------------------------------68,800 +5% TAX
GRAND TOTAL Rs 72,240

now i know this is a good price but my MAX budget is only 71K ....i believe the prices will still come down but there are a few questions

1) should i stay with 1055t or should i get x4 955BE at Rs 7650
x4 can handle photoshop but will be better in games ,right now i am skeptical about the 6 core processors what do u suggest ? anyways i am not gonna utilize the 6 cores completely - but there is no harm in having one --- this is my major dilemma

2) is the 650 w ups sufficient ???? i am not expecting great backup ....just 5-10 mins so that i can save my work or games and shut down the pc ....i am fearing that as soon as power goes in case i am playing crysis it will shut down

3) there is no supply of benq g 2420 ...he is insisting i buy the benq E 2400 at 11.7K or there is the option of going for DELL ST 2410 at rs 12250 ...im searching for some reviews right now

SO GUYS I WANT TO MAKE UP MY MIND BEFORE TONIGHT ---- or else i cant sleep tight

bold marked items should be changed:

1. 10,000 mobo is a 70-71k PC. are you kidding? seriously. not a joke or insult. a 10k mobo is just too much. get something based on 870X with a single PCIe X16 slot.

2. where on earth are 4Gb DDR3 available @ 5k? 4Gb will set you back by atleast 5.6-5.8k

3. be safe, get 650W PSU from GX series or 550W from Corsair.

4. 690 will cost you 4.4-4.7k. instead get the NZXT M59.

5. APC 650VA won't give you 10min backup. even 5min is going to be close. get 750VA or more.

The main components are chosen correctly. However some modification are need to optimize the solution.

Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 9.6
ECS 890GXM-A @ 7.5k
Corsair TR3X2G-1333 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit @ 7k

I recommended the ECS board as I got a review in here. It is very good gaming mobo for budget.

If you want to reduce the price, go for a cheaper cabinet. Zebronics XCLIO BLACKHAWK is a good cabinet at budget.

thats what i mention in previous post. 10k mobo in 70k rig. its ridiculous :x also a good ram in a good PC will always be helpful. nice suggestions. but i doubt ECS will be easily available.

Cilus

laborare est orare

@ chiroo
Don't go for trichannel 6gb kit as amd supports only dual channel memory. Tri channels are for intel's i7 9 series i.e bloomfield & gulftown.

Your 4gb kit was great so go for it.

Why man? Phenom II does have dual channel memory controller, I know that. But that does not mean you can't add extra 2 GB memory. Obviously there will be performance increase if you use 6 GB Ram. The only thing is the gain in performance will not be as good as for a Intel Core i7 Boomsfield (9XX) series, as they are having Triple Channel memory controller.

But 'don't go for 6 GB' is not true man.

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In

@ sam i know the dealer very well so the prices i quote are what i get ......so the ram and the CM 690 prices are true

I will try to get 750 va ups

but nobody answered my first query ....according to my usage the 1055T is an overkill ...if i change it i can save 2k and channel it to other things

about the motherboard , i donno what to do i asked him about the 870 chipset mobo from gigabyte he says its not available ......

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ sam i know the dealer very well so the prices i quote are what i get ......so the ram and the CM 690 prices are true

if its really so. than its good. but don't end up getting frontech or something :lol:

but nobody answered my first query ....according to my usage the 1055T is an overkill ...if i change it i can save 2k and channel it to other things

about the motherboard , i donno what to do i asked him about the 870 chipset mobo from gigabyte he says its not available ......

better keep it as it is. you getting 6 cores for below 10k. and also that thing not slow. let it be overkill.

than check if MSI or Biostar available.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Why man? Phenom II does have dual channel memory controller, I know that. But that does not mean you can't add extra 2 GB memory. Obviously there will be performance increase if you use 6 GB Ram. The only thing is the gain in performance will not be as good as for a Intel Core i7 Boomsfield (9XX) series, as they are having Triple Channel memory controller.

But 'don't go for 6 GB' is not true man.

What is the point of adding 3 DIMM modules on a Dual Channel controller..? It will move to asymmetric mode and the memory throughput will decrease.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ asigh
yes, thats what i was tryin to say. Thanks buddy to clear things out.

I think if op wants to add more ram he can add 4 modules of 2gb which works out to 8gb and they will work in dual channel mode for both 2x2.

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In

guys got ma pc today , will set it up tomo ...there is not much changed from the original config except the motherboard , monitor

i got the MSI 890GXM-G65 AT 7.75 K and
DELL ST2410 at 12.2k

so ma total config came to be near 70k , got an HDMI cable and a 4 GB pen drive too

will post pictures soon , thank you guys

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

guys got ma pc today , will set it up tomo ...there is not much changed from the original config except the motherboard , monitor

DELL ST2410 at 12.2k

so ma total config came to be near 70k , got an HDMI cable and a 4 GB pen drive too

nice choice on the motherboard. congrats buddy :)

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++

DELL ST2410 at 12.2k

congrats man for ur new rig.plz let me know from where you have purchased ur rig ?

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In

@ sam thanks dude but the mobo is freakishly small( i am not aware of recent mobos sizes though) , but the 5850 just fits fine ;)

@Prakash Pathak ,ankith infotech ,SP road ,bangalore

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ sam thanks dude but the mobo is freakishly small( i am not aware of recent mobos sizes though) , but the 5850 just fits fine ;)

ha ha ha. i know. its an mATX. but packs to X16 slots. others are ATX to fit 2 PCIe X 16 slots. still its a very nice one. enjoy it :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

As the OP has now bought his machine, should I merge both the threads? :) I won't do if the OP opposes it.

pulsar_swift

Youngling

DELL ST2410 at 12.2k

Yes pic please and time to update your signature.

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In
@ pulsar dude im waiting for windows 7 ..... dont wanna install XP :( in the meantime ill upload some assembly and unboxed pics pics

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4738301990_3167349434.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4737668095_b075d1c753.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4738302974_e654f7f01d.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4737669087_32f4a96f11.jpg

more detailed photos after i get the cpu running

im just testing the monitor by hooking into my old pc , my work is not complete yet :)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@chiroo, i doubt your PC will run. the rams should be in slots away from the cooler. i maybe wrong but majority of AMD based motherboard have that config. else BSOD.

OP
C

chiroo

Broken In
@ sam i donno abt that but illchange the slots .....

@ pulsar yest partly its becoz of the mATX board but the cabinet design is superb , its go tlots of wire holders , so they will stay in the same place and im loving the tool less design too :)

but only sore point is the mobo had only one SATA cable so i had to get another one for the dvd rom

Cilus

laborare est orare

What is the point of adding 3 DIMM modules on a Dual Channel controller..? It will move to asymmetric mode and the memory throughput will decrease.

Hey, it is not the case. In case of dual channel memory configuration, 2 slots are named as A channel and other two as B channel. So if you put 3 modules of same config, say two in the slots of A channel and one in the slots of B channel, then the Rams in A channel will work on Dual channel mode, irrespective of the Rams and their frequencies placed in B channel. So the single ram placed in B channel slot, will work independently, and will not hamper the throughput.

Asymmetric mode only occurs only when you place two Rams of different size in either the slots of Channel A or Channel B. For example placing one 1 GB and one 2 GB modules in the two slots of Channel A, or putting 1 GB in one slot of Channel A and 2 GB in one slot of Channel B.

In Our case with three 2 GB identical module, Channel A will work on Dual channel configuration and Channel B will work on single channel configuration. It is explained also in my Motherboard Manual book .

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Can you remove the last stick and post a screen shot of the CPU-Z memory tab. I doubt both channels can function in separate modes. I do not have AMD so cannot try it out.

Top Bottom