Is cost of internet resonable in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
From this month I changed my Plan from 256k to 2 Mbps with 30GB FUP

me2 i had a 256 kbps which is a pain in butt now i have bsnl 900 ULD 8gb@ 4mbps after 512 kbps i want a good plan :banghead::duh2:
who is saying here bsnl giving 3.1 mbps for 750???

thyultimate

Broken In
I got a uTele plan in Pune @1100 bucks a month. It gives me 12mbps for the first 20GB, then 1mbps Unlimited. Granted for some reason utube buffer sucks, but I still get 950kbps / 109kbps download speed in uTorrent depending on which plan is in effect. :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it's not an infrastructure problem at all.
we have an incredible amount of hi-tech connectivity in our homes. Those copper cables that give you your landlines can carry the tv line, internet, and dedicated video conferencing, almost any high bandwidth utility you can dream of, at current requirements, no problem.

maybe someone can figure out why it is expensive.

roady

Digital Marketer
My earlier airtel plan was

Rs 649 /- with 512 kbps and 10gb quota

...until they changed it to:

Rs 749 /- with 2 mbps and 8 gb quota.

Seriously? Airtel is such a greedy jerk in terms of ISP. Many of my friends have shifted to local ISPs which offer tremendous amount of transfers at almost the same price.
Anyone in Delhi using any local ISP? Idk.. maybe tikona or something? Is it worth it?
I'm sticking with airtel only cause of the service provided. If tikona or any other local ISP keeps up to their "claims", then I'm ready to shift today itself.

Besides, it amuses me every time I see airtel advertising smartbytes. It's a good marketing strat but ugh, I hate it.

edit: Also, I am not clear on this aspect - the ISP is charged on the basis of bandwidth consumed or the speed given?

Last edited:

ujjwal007

Lost in games
My earlier airtel plan was

Rs 649 /- with 512 kbps and 10gb quota

...until they changed it to:

Rs 749 /- with 2 mbps and 8 gb quota.

Seriously? Airtel is such a greedy jerk in terms of ISP. Many of my friends have shifted to local ISPs which offer tremendous amount of transfers at almost the same price.
Anyone in Delhi using any local ISP? Idk.. maybe tikona or something? Is it worth it?
I'm sticking with airtel only cause of the service provided. If tikona or any other local ISP keeps up to their "claims", then I'm ready to shift today itself.

Besides, it amuses me every time I see airtel advertising smartbytes. It's a good marketing strat but ugh, I hate it.

airtel are really thiefs even bsnl is far better then those...yeah go for tikona or any other local isp they worth each and every buck!! ur lucky u live in delhi there is no isp here like those only some big companies bsnl is best among them i m using a 900 uld plan which gives me 4 mbps @ 8 gb and then 512kbps :D its good and 400 free calls!! you should definetely go for tikona or sify etc. they have really very nice plans for under 1000 INR and I guess service is good too though!

rider

as Kratos
Airtel BB is the biggest looter in India, dunno why people still using? We get worse than 2005 of US in terms of internet services.

rider

as Kratos
Tikona has some plan costing around 1500 rs for 4mbps

ADULM4096 Plan 4Mbps unlimied
1500 Excluding Service Tax
750 Installation Charges Excluding Service Tax
500 effective Installation Charges Post Rebate Excluding Service Tax
Tota Subscription Amountl: 2600/month including taxes and services

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
^Why BSNL? Any LCO can provide you 1mbps for rs 999. Also Reliance has 12mbps/1mbps 25GB/Infinite pack for rs 999.

ADULM4096 Plan 4Mbps unlimied
1500 Excluding Service Tax
750 Installation Charges Excluding Service Tax
500 effective Installation Charges Post Rebate Excluding Service Tax
Tota Subscription Amountl: 2600/month including taxes and services

4mbps unlimited for 1.5k sounds decent enough if there is pipe for peered circuits.

Tikona has many bad reviews on almost all major forums.

Agreed.

tkin

Back to school!!
^Why BSNL? Any LCO can provide you 1mbps for rs 999. Also Reliance has 12mbps/1mbps 25GB/Infinite pack for rs 999.

4mbps unlimited for 1.5k sounds decent enough if there is pipe for peered circuits.

Agreed.
Alliance shoves streamrider sever snooping on us, so never going there. And reliance blocks all software sharing :wink: and video sharing sites as soon as one of their cr@p movies come out(Singham), so both won't do.

roady

Digital Marketer
I'll mention my question again assuming it was left in the dust -

Are ISPs charged on the basis of bandwidth usage or are they charged on the basis of the speed allotted as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom