Is cost of internet resonable in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerD

Right off the assembly line
Home user broadband is not good in India (1:8 or 1:10 ratio they provide)
but Dedicated Broadband is good (which we see only in corporate companies)

Absolutely true until we are provided with a dedicated link we'll not be able to get good speed.
Well what i can say India is evolving at a pretty good rate, since in most of the Metropolitan Cities 3G speeds are ruling over Line providers.
But if i talk abt other places than yeah, speed is not that much good and India really need to work a lot in establishing better BTS towers.
They say that they are going to make our country full of 4G, and they don't think over a matter that even now they are not able to provide 3G facilities throughout the country.
Hope things work out soon....coz not every layman can afford a dedicated BB server.

Adarsh_Gujurati

Right off the assembly line
I had to switch to 5net's Upto 10Mbps unlimited planfrom MTNL's 8mbps FUP:28 GB plan, and guess what? They are of same price. I do not have a TV connection so my family requires a lot of bandwidth and it is pretty good.
Also Govt ISP's are scammers, they are complete rip offs. Compare ACT's Fibernet plan with BSNL's fiber net plans.

doomgiver

Warframe
not only does india have sh!t-tier internet, we also have one of the highest costs.

India ranked lowly 130 in Ookla's average Internet download speed index - Tech2

TL;DR :

India is currently ranked at the 130th position with an average download speed of 4.18Mbps (LOLWAT?)

This places the country lower down the chain when compared to the average download speed in Nigeria, standing at 5.14Mbps or Nepal, which stands at 4.92Mbps //Mod Edit: Please control your sentiments.

Still have a long way to go. The top five positions in terms of download speeds went to Hong Kong at 71.22Mbps, Singapore at 52.75Mbps, Romania at 50.26Mbps, South Korea at 47.20Mbps and Sweden at 42.35Mbps. (WTB swede wife)

Afghanistan, Malawi, Benin and Gambia ranked at the bottom of the Index with average download speeds of 1.13Mbps, 1.16 Mbps, 1.21Mbps, 1.36Mbps and 1.46 Mbps respectively. (how do ****** even GET internet there?!!? via camels? lol)

India ranked 55th in terms of cost per Mbps, standing at $11.27 (Rs 700 approx) but ranked 61st when taking into account the GDP per capita. (GG. people can buy 2 pizzas for the cost of 1 Mbps connection. bet it has 5 GB FuP tho. f that.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
This places the country lower down the chain when compared to the average download speed in Nigeria, standing at 5.14Mbps or Nepal, which stands at 4.92Mbps //Mod edit

thats incredibly racist of you

Last edited by a moderator:

doomgiver

Warframe
And for that he gets an infraction.

oh come on byom, you know whats gonna happen in irc now.

guy cant even make a joke anymore /rant

EDIT: my sentiments are under control, cant say the same for my racism :)
@neverain : its only a joke, bro! like, you wanna tell me that you read "mountain chinks", and didnt even smile a bit?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
not only does india have sh!t-tier internet, we also have one of the highest costs.

India ranked lowly 130 in Ookla's average Internet download speed index - Tech2

TL;DR :

India is currently ranked at the 130th position with an average download speed of 4.18Mbps (LOLWAT?)

This places the country lower down the chain when compared to the average download speed in Nigeria, standing at 5.14Mbps or Nepal, which stands at 4.92Mbps //Mod Edit: Please control your sentiments.

Still have a long way to go. The top five positions in terms of download speeds went to Hong Kong at 71.22Mbps, Singapore at 52.75Mbps, Romania at 50.26Mbps, South Korea at 47.20Mbps and Sweden at 42.35Mbps. (WTB swede wife)

Afghanistan, Malawi, Benin and Gambia ranked at the bottom of the Index with average download speeds of 1.13Mbps, 1.16 Mbps, 1.21Mbps, 1.36Mbps and 1.46 Mbps respectively. (how do ****** even GET internet there?!!? via camels? lol)

India ranked 55th in terms of cost per Mbps, standing at $11.27 (Rs 700 approx) but ranked 61st when taking into account the GDP per capita. (GG. people can buy 2 pizzas for the cost of 1 Mbps connection. bet it has 5 GB FuP tho. f that.)

I have to pay almost Rs.1500 for 1Mbps and on top that the cost of 3G data @ 150 bucks for 1GB. and talking about racism :
*www.digit.in/forum/broadband-dth/190330-bsnl-why-not-other-circle.html

grated they can't implement it at once in all of the circles but they should have announced that they will eventually introduce it nationwide but they did not . To me it feels like racist at-least. But who gives really a damn about general people like me. No one but me myself !

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think quality of Internet should be included in the basic fundamental development of a country .. who else agrees ? (high five)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom