Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
It's just a mock-up.

yeah I know , but this mock up is based upon the details of the iphone patent disclosed on net and the description of iphone given by kevin rose on the diggnation podcast.
So the final product may look near to this one , i hope it better than this.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
busyanuj said:
still, you have to notice the authority with which people make choices and speak for it.
i guess u didnt read the reply given some days back and to fatbeing as well

no 1 is forcing u to choose an option from here ... its ur wish to with-hold ur opinion till u hav personally chkd all the options ... untill then i guess u shudnt be here and commenting on our authority to speak about something which we hv been following for a long time

there are many fone images doing rounds over the net ... some nokia fones made to look like apple's fone some SE fones also photoshoped

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
tarey_g said:
yeah I know , but this mock up is based upon the details of the iphone patent disclosed on net and the description of iphone given by kevin rose on the diggnation podcast.
So the final product may look near to this one , i hope it better than this.
Yeah, I read the post you linked in your previous post. But I can bet you the final product won't look anywhere near this one. Apple has this tendency to surprise people. They've even been known to file false patents just to divert rumour-mongers and over-enthusiastic fans off track. :D

busyanuj

In the zone
mAV3 said:
i guess u didnt read the reply given some days back and to fatbeing as well

no 1 is forcing u to choose an option from here ... its ur wish to with-hold ur opinion till u hav personally chkd all the options ... untill then i guess u shudnt be here and commenting on our authority to speak about something which we hv been following for a long time

there are many fone images doing rounds over the net ... some nokia fones made to look like apple's fone some SE fones also photoshoped
stop reacting like a kid. if for a matter my opinion matches with someone else's there's no reason for you to cry foul over it. i read your reply. if I found it unnecessary to reply to it doesn't mean that I didn't read it. you are free to generalize opinions whichever way you want to. i made a general remark, did I mention any "maV3" anywhere in it or flame you? so stop flaming others or defending your opinion, nobody warranted you to.

secondly, this is the "Fight Club". and why should anybody worry about commenting, unless it is offensive or breaks forum rules. check my previous posts in this thread, did I break any forum rule in those? so, preferably keep your crib to yourself.

this is just a suggestion, if i were to expect any compliance i would be a fool.

thirdly, did any of my replies have anything to say about iPhone? if you have mistaken it, lemme tell you i was strictly talking about Zune v/s iPod only.
so, your "expert comments" about nokia fones and SE phones etc. are all unwarranted and unasked for.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@anuj ... iphone was not for u it was fr the post reagrding the phone abv mine

no 1s crying foul over u having the same opinion as tht of fatbeing .... the thing is this thread is talking abt 1s liking for either the zune and ipod the features of both are being talked abt .... yes i agree a few ppl hav either voted the ipod the undisputed king without trying the zune i hv also stated b4 tht it wud b foolish to to do so without seeing the zune however coming to flaming some1 if u hav the right to comment on our authority (take note i said 'our') then i guess i hv given u be-fitting reply

crib who the hell is cribbing ...... and by no means was ur statement a suggestion it was a remark on our 'authority' to comment and review a device

unwarranrted and unasked for ur last comment tells me how much of the thread hv u been following just read the post abv mine where i hv quoted u .... then crib

busyanuj

In the zone
mAV3 said:
@anuj ... iphone was not for u it was fr the post reagrding the phone abv mine

no 1s crying foul over u having the same opinion as tht of fatbeing .... the thing is this thread is talking abt 1s liking for either the zune and ipod the features of both are being talked abt .... yes i agree a few ppl hav either voted the ipod the undisputed king without trying the zune i hv also stated b4 tht it wud b foolish to to do so without seeing the zune however coming to flaming some1 if u hav the right to comment on our authority (take note i said 'our') then i guess i hv given u be-fitting reply

crib who the hell is cribbing ...... and by no means was ur statement a suggestion it was a remark on our 'authority' to comment and review a device

unwarranrted and unasked for ur last comment tells me how much of the thread hv u been following just read the post abv mine where i hv quoted u .... then crib

you came down from "I" to "our" to rally support for your point so that others come to your rescue ! LOL

by all means if you deem appropriate.

yes, i have read all the comments. reserve the cribs. now if you don't mind, let this thread go back to it's intended purpose 'zune v/s ipod'.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i dont need others support and i think somethings wrong with ur head once u strive u make a poin that u said it generally and wen i replied keeping tht in mind u say wat u said ... bachha hai kya i our le kar ro raha hai ..... and yeah coming back to the topic:

*www.zunescene.com/sales.jpg
Zune and iPod may become the equivalent of Coke and Pepsi in the MP3 world. Numbers at this Apple News Site indicate Zune has leaped ahead of Creative, Sandisk, and other devices to grab the #2 spot in sales dollars. They also indicate this is suprising because very few people even know what a Zune is yet, including the sales people at retailers.

Source

Last edited:

yours_truly

Broken In
ok ..i own an iPOD and have also listened to the zune .. I would say the sound quality depends heavily on the earphone used .. though the stock earphones shipped with the iPOD certainly sound better than the ones shipped with the zune..

I used a pair of sennheiser cx 300's to test the sound quality on iPOD and zune and could not really notice much difference in the mids and highs .. the iPOD did seem to have xtra bass though ..

comprehensive feature comparion :
*dapreview.net/zune_vs_ipod_vs_zvm.html

iPOD + senns = pure bliss

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
mAV3 said:
i dont need others support and i think somethings wrong with ur head once u strive u make a poin that u said it generally and wen i replied keeping tht in mind u say wat u said ... bachha hai kya i our le kar ro raha hai ..... and yeah coming back to the topic:

Zune and iPod may become the equivalent of Coke and Pepsi in the MP3 world. Numbers at this Apple News Site indicate Zune has leaped ahead of Creative, Sandisk, and other devices to grab the #2 spot in sales dollars. They also indicate this is suprising because very few people even know what a Zune is yet, including the sales people at retailers.

Source

Hey, This thread is still going on. Ok. Now, zune is no.5 and is no.96 in Amazon electonic items sold this holiday season.

The no.2 position was during the launch week. After that, it's back to normal. 1 being ipod, 2 being sandisk, 3 being creative.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
hmvrulz said:
i bought a zune recently...having used ipod video 30 gb...Zune rocks trust me
I believe that the Zune is indeed better than the iPod in most respects, but I also hold the opinion that it will slow down and crop up with errors after a few months of use. Maybe it won't - but I am expecting it will. Meet you then.

K

krazyfrog

I must say the Zune does look good right now and it won't be long before it might even dethrone the king of music player, the iPod. Looking forward to what the 6th generation iPod has in store for us.

G

gxsaurav

aryayush said:
I believe that the Zune is indeed better than the iPod in most respects, but I also hold the opinion that it will slow down and crop up with errors after a few months of use. Maybe it won't - but I am expecting it will. Meet you then.

U got any valid reason to say that? or just saying it for the sake of saying something in favor of ipod

techuptodate

Right off the assembly line
Zune is the best one yaar

[Edit] No spamming allowed. Consider this a warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
krazyfrog said:
I must say the Zune does look good right now and it won't be long before it might even dethrone the king of music player, the iPod. Looking forward to what the 6th generation iPod has in store for us.

Hmm. Apple will not let the history to repeat. Apple invented GUI O/S and Microsoft took full advantage of that and is the market leader. This time, Apple has the advantage and it will not let any other manufacturer to snatch the crown.

I am sure that the 6th gen ipod will take others back to the drawing boards.

Microsoft does not have any plans to release Zune in non-US as of now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom