Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

mAV3 said:
arre i will tell u woh uske andar ka nostradamus bol raha hai add to tht his love for mac and spice it up with hatred for MS inherited by most mac users

dittto :D, always no reason to say anything

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.tuaw.com/media/2006/12/zunebox.jpg

LOL! :lol:
"If you can't use the Zune display base for actually, y'know, selling Zunes, might as well hold up the iPods."

G

gxsaurav

the stats are saying themselves, Zune is just a little behind ipod, even at this stage, when its been only 2 months of it's relese

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know where you are getting your statistics from, mate but when I checked out the Amazon.com Bestsellers list just now, this was what I noted:

1. Apple 30 GB iPod video Black (5.5 Generation)
2. Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle Metal (2nd Generation)
6. SanDisk SDMX4-2048 Sansa e250 2 GB MP3 Player with microSD Expansion Slot
7. Apple 80 GB iPod video Black (5.5 Generation)
8. Apple 2 GB iPod Nano Silver (2nd Generation)
9. Belkin F8Z060 Sports Sleeve for iPod Nanos (Black)
10. Sandisk SDMX4-4096 Sansa e260 4 GB MP3 Player with SD Expansion Slot
20. Creative Zen Nano Plus 1 GB MP3 Player (Blue)
21. BargainCell- Apple Ipod Home / Travel Charger
25. SanDisk SDMX3-2048 Sansa M250 2 GB MP3 Player (Black)
26. Kensington Digital FM Transmitter and Auto Charger for iPod (Black)
27. SanDisk SDMX4-8192 Sansa e280 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)
29. Creative Zen Vision:M 30 GB MP3 and Video Player (Black)
32. SanDisk Sansa M240 1 GB MP3 Player (Silver)
33. Apple 8 GB iPod Nano Black (2nd Generation)
45. Apple 4 GB iPod Nano Silver (2nd Generation)
47. Apple iPod USB Power Adapter
50. Apple 30 GB iPod video White (5.5 Generation)
53. iPod USB Travel Power Charger Adapter for Nano, Shuffle, 4G, Mini, Photo and U2- HHI Brand
54. Apple 4 GB iPod Nano Pink (2nd Generation)
60. Zune 30 GB Digital Media Player (Black)
62. Apple 4 GB iPod Nano Blue (2nd Generation)
72. SanDisk SDMX4-6144 Sansa e270 6 GB MP3 Player with SD Expansion Slot
85. Cta Digital IP-RS2 Ipod Round Speaker with Docking
100. Creative Muvo V100 2 GB MP3 Player White

Yes, I know you will say that the Zune has been out for only two months and that this is expected. I do not intend to disagree but it is clear that Microsoft's iPod killer is not 'just a little behind ipod' - in fact, it is far faaar behind. It lags behind almost every iPod in the market, most other MP3 players and even a few iPod accessories. Clearly, if it had made any significant impression in the market (which it could have in two months), it would at least have featured in the first twenty-five, even if it was still behind the iPod.
First of all, it is only two months since the release of Zune and if people have already stopped stocking it, it is surely not something to be happy about (at least for people who like the product) - and BTW, people do keep the bottles or Pepsi/Coke or the other soft drinks of Pepsico and Coke-a-Cola in those fridges!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arre stop stocking it matlab kya .... those stands are not made by MS kal mein pepsi ke stand mein coke ki bottle rakhu toh tht doesnt mean tht pepsi is better than coke .... dikhave pe mat jao apni akal lagao .... based on 1 image u cant say tht the zunes are not selling

having said tht i agree tht zune hasnt been able to make as much as an impact as MS hoped it to

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Those stands are supplied by Microsoft to authorised resellers of the product. It is the Zune display base.

K

krazyfrog

Well it looks like the Zune is suffering the same misfortune as the original XBOX. Impressive hardware but lukewarm response from the customers. I bet Microsoft has started work a Zune 360 or something to that effect! :p One thing is sure though. Microsoft learns quickly from its mistakes as we've seen from the Windows' earlier editions and XBOX. The second generation Zune would definitely be a much more worthy rival to iPod. If not actually defeat it, it'd atleast manage to steal a significant chunk of iPod's customers.
Maybe Microsoft never expected the current Zune to kill the iPod. Instead they were rather testing the waters, trying to gain foothold in a new market and make sure the Zune name gets popular. So that when the unveil their ultimate weapon, the 2G Zune, they'd instantly have a winner on their hands. The current Zune hence is just a guinea pig.

G

gxsaurav

lolz....could be, i m also desigining a Concept Device right now, a hybrid between Zune & Xbox 360, call it Zune 2.0 :D or whatever,will show in a few days

rajasekharan

Youngling
i guess my k750i is enough as a music player :) . it suffice me for long 9 hr journey . coupled with 512 mb and 810 headset :). might upgrade to 1g .

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Rajasekharan. This thread is for REAL music players.

FYI, K750i is a phone that can ALSO play music. If you have any dedicated music player, you are most welcome for this debate.
Well it looks like the Zune is suffering the same misfortune as the original XBOX. Impressive hardware but lukewarm response from the customers. I bet Microsoft has started work a Zune 360 or something to that effect! :p One thing is sure though. Microsoft learns quickly from its mistakes as we've seen from the Windows' earlier editions and XBOX. The second generation Zune would definitely be a much more worthy rival to iPod. If not actually defeat it, it'd atleast manage to steal a significant chunk of iPod's customers.
Maybe Microsoft never expected the current Zune to kill the iPod. Instead they were rather testing the waters, trying to gain foothold in a new market and make sure the Zune name gets popular. So that when the unveil their ultimate weapon, the 2G Zune, they'd instantly have a winner on their hands. The current Zune hence is just a guinea pig.

Yes. Microsoft never said that it will beat ipod, except ballmer's comments (a.k.a personal comments) that microsoft will be the leader in digital entertainment.

Microsoft can eat a little bit of market share of ipod and can be a serious threat to creative and sansa.

Last edited:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
For me, it's a phone with a music player. There are rumours floating all over the internet that apple is gonna announce 6th gen ipod on Feb 4th (yes that day after tomorrow) at the superbowl 2007 opening ceremony. 6th gen ipod will be just like the iphone without the phone.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
those were rumours i had also seen a few diagramatic representation of the same .... it wud feature touch screen and buttons on the side ... something like tht

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It just so happens that I know of a handy little button you can use in such cases. :D

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/3091/editbuttonek8.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom