Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
Thought I'd start a poll to guage interest on the big jukebox battle that is being played up in the media with the release of the Zune.

My vote goes to Ipod as I'm a hardcore believer in the scroll wheel and can't imagine having to click hundreds of times to get to an artist or song. Sending and receiving songs b/w Zune's? Uhhhhh, ok, see no value, but I suppose others may.

Speak up people!

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
go here for an official comparison ..... zune is much much better than ipod .... i am saying this coz i own an ipod and have read abt the zune howevr a comprehensive list of features and capabilities of the zune has been posted the technews section .... and yeah this mysticgadget guy's images are also there ...

and as far u are concerned u hav got the wi-fi feature absolutely wrong ..... the concept is for u to share songs just like u do using bluetooth ..... 1 zune can send songs to 4 zunes at the same time ..... no hotspots are involved its zune to zune .... get ur info right then critisize

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
wi-fi. How much of use is that on zune? max number of songs that you can send is 3. Once the receiver plays the song 3 times, it's locked and cannot be played again. huh.

It's bulky, heavier than ipod, navigation is not easy as that of ipod. come on. The only good feature in zune is it's big screen. Bigger screen=shorter battery life

Moreover, there is only one model in Zune. a 30GB model.
For ipod, we have ipod 30GB, 60GB, 80GB, nano 2,4,8GB and shuffle 1GB.

Installation of zune software is hell. takes long time, lot of steps, lot of errors.
navingation in zune software too isn't as good as that in itunes.

navigation is through 5 way button which is not at all good when compared to the apple's click wheel.

Only three audio formats for zune compared to 8+ audio formats supported by ipod.

come on, zune can never beat ipod. Yes. it will take 5-10 percent of ipod market share and will sit alongside creative in mp3/PMP market.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
And the screen though large, has the same resolution.

BTW, what is this 'What Are these???" option for and who has actually voted for it? There is someone on the digit forums who does not know what an iPod is?!? :eek: I find that very difficult to believe.
Instead, there should have been options for 'Other players' and 'None'. Just my two cents. I voted for iPod now but my actual opinion would have been 'None'.

Last edited:
G

gxsaurav

Hmm, Mobile phones rock....mp3 player, video player, camera,, all in one:D

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
aryayush said:
And this topic should have been in 'Fight Club'. Any topic that contains 'vs' in the title obviously belongs there.
Yeah.. edited the poll and moved to Fight Club.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
ipod just for looks? huh. come on. No other player has better clarity and quality than that of ipod. zune is not even for looks :)

Mobile phones rock? Have you ever heard music on ipod with in-ear earphones?

kirtan

Journeyman
man are i-pod and zune the only portable players around.just look around and u can find a better product than these.The only reason that these are popular coz the publicity.

mihirvashist

Journeyman
both of these have some advs. and disadvs.....however no matter how bad MICROSOFT'S reputation might be in the case of its marketing strategies...one thing is for sure...their products are awesome..cant deny that point man....

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mihirvashist said:
both of these have some advs. and disadvs.....however no matter how bad MICROSOFT'S reputation might be in the case of its marketing strategies...one thing is for sure...their products are awesome..cant deny that point man....

agreed , but This one doesn't look very good to me. It fatter uglier than the dominating music player.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I think the whole Zune thing is a great marketing strategy by Microsoft. They know that the Zune can not become the dominant player anytime soon. Also, there are reports that MS are making the second gen Zunes inhouse.

Now back to the strategy. They've signed a deal with Universal, in which MS will pay Universal a dollar for every Zune sold. Now, Microsoft are likely to sell(max) around 3-4 million Zunes in the first yr. That makes it $3-4 million.

Apple's contract with Universal is due next year. With the Zune deal in hand, Universal is likely to ask Apple for a similar deal. If Universal is adamant, Apple will have no choice but to match MS' offer of a dollar per player sold.

For the third quarter ended July 06, Apple sold around 80,00,000 iPods, and this was a relatively quiet quarter. Do the math yourself. ;)

I think Microsoft's objective of hurting Apple's margins will be successful. This is a master move, and MS deserves all credit for it.

Update: For the record, I'm against all in one devices. I think integrating camera into cell phones is a bad idea. The quality is poor, and it makes the phone a bit more expensive.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
kirtan said:
man are i-pod and zune the only portable players around.just look around and u can find a better product than these.The only reason that these are popular coz the publicity.
There hasn't been a SINGLE commercial advertising the iPod in India. Even the iTunes Store is not available for Indians and yet you say that it's due to publicity. Publicity and popularity are two different things altogether and popularity doesn't generally come without a cause.

Did you know that Apple has sold 39 million iPods in 2006 alone? That amounts to 1,06,849 units sold per day (yes, those were SIX digits). That's every single day, throughout the year! I hope you realise the magnitude of the iPod phenomenon.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the zune has been said to be better than ipod in many features such as a larger display and the reviews hav said tht the display richer than tht of the ipod besides the zune has FM which the ipod doesnt also the bigger the ipod bigger the scroll whell though the scroll wheel is nice in the 30 gb pods the big scroll wheel is difficult to navigate ..... besides the display zune also allows u to share pics and songs (songs for 3 days which im sure an unofficial patch will avainlable some where on the net) the only place where pod has a slight advantage over the zune is looks nothing else .... the zune beats the pod .... i own a 30gb vid gen 5 pod so i can say this

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
mAV3 said:
the zune has FM which the ipod doesnt
For which it required that you connect the headphones. You can get FM Radio enabling headphones for the iPod also and they also have a remote control. :) Look at the comic below, it's very funny!

*www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyimages/891.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Source (Don't visit them if you don't like Apple and their products.)

G

gxsaurav

convergence is the future guys

Kannan once asked me which mobile he should buy, which has all the features, i told him about W810i, which is quite good. But looking at this requirments & budget i recomended him

Kodak KB10+ Rs 50 chinese FM Radio+Ipod Nano+Nokia 2600 (SE J210i)

now, as u can see, a mobile phone is better in this regard. Even though the camera is not that powerful....but it's quite powerful & u will appriciate having a camera in your phone when taking a snap on your date, then taking out a full digital cam or not having a cam at all

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i know tht i can buy headsets to support fm but for some reason steve jobs cant put 1 IC tht is a fm reciever y??? and as far ur comic goes its nice for the time being but im sure things will change pretty soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom