Ipod vs. Zune... Which One Do You Prefer??

So Wats ur Choice?

• Zune

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Ipod

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Others

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • I don't like these players

Votes: 10 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
With 30GB full of songs, is FM necessary?

I would prefer listening to collection on my ipod than to listen to the repetitive songs played on FM channels.

What will happen to zune when apple releases touch screen ipod with much much larger display compared to that of zune.

Patent info: *www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2177

Apple's iPhone to arrive in early 2007 with 2MP camera
*appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2242

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
But htis is how MS enters a market , first they release a hardware not very much polished just to show their presence in the market , and the nexgen of that product is killer. Happened with xbox.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ambandla said:
With 30GB full of songs, is FM necessary?

I would prefer listening to collection on my ipod than to listen to the repetitive songs played on FM channels.
thats ur wish but having an option but not using it is different to not having it altogether and donbt say that ipod u can connect extra headfones it ocsts more than 1k whreras the zune has the fm in-built
ambandla said:
What will happen to zune when apple releases touch screen ipod with much much larger display compared to that of zune.
i guess u r not aware of the fact tht MS has started ground wrk on the next zune

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
mAV3 said:
thats ur wish but having an option but not using it is different to not having it altogether and donbt say that ipod u can connect extra headfones it ocsts more than 1k whreras the zune has the fm in-built

Hmm. I think you didn't get my opinion.

Why would you think that apple does not include FM in their ipod's?

take an ipod 30GB. We can store upto 8000 songs in that (mp4 songs). Even if I have few thousand songs in my ipod, it takes days for me to listen to a song again if I play the songs one by one. What is the need of FM radio here? These days, there is more amount of advertising done on FM than the amount of time songs are played. And we do not have control over songs played in FM.

Okay, it feels good to have FM player in 512MB/1GB players as the number of songs that can be stored is very very low.

i guess u r not aware of the fact tht MS has started ground wrk on the next zune

ah. come on. apple has completed their product and gave contract to manufature iphone to "Hon Hai Precision"

By the time Microsoft releases new Zune, apple will be releasing 3rd/4th gen iphone.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i dont know man its ur opinion tht u think the fm is useless but i think it is very useful source of info abt the songs tht i will be putting on my pod

the zune is a portable media device brand MS is also looking at a zune fone this was said by i think balmer (not sure) at an interview

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. I heard that Microsoft is looking at a zune phone but it's too early and it' s ambitious. They are infants in this industry and it's certain that zune cannot beat ipod. The hottest product for this holiday season is not ipod 80GB, not nano, it's the tiny shuffle. At $79, this tiny, cute little player is a huuuge hit.

I have one question, why doesn't Microsoft follow "PlaysForSure" and why didn't they enable "disk use for data" in zune (to copy data to zune's harddrive)?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
disk use i think defeats the purpose of 3day validity of wi-fi exchanged songs

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
wi-fi exchanged songs should go into the songs database and I don't think they will be visible to the user when checked in the harddrive (if it's allowed)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I'm planning to buy a new mp3 player, and I agree, it's not going to be the iPod 5.5G or the nano or Zune or some cheapo taiwanese brand(Transcend and the rest of the crap); it's going to be the shuffle. It's a cute li'l thing and as ArsTechnica proved in their review, the li'l thing is sturdy, too.

The question is not what, but when. I have too li'l savings, and they're not increasing fast enough. :(

kumarmohit

Technomancer
ambandla said:
wi-fi. How much of use is that on zune? max number of songs that you can send is 3. Once the receiver plays the song 3 times, it's locked and cannot be played again. huh.

This limitation only applies to Windows Media DRM protected songs IMHO, only those bought from URGE.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ambandla said:
Kumar, nope. The limitation applies for all the songs and it does not apply for shared photos.

I think u r wrong here

This 3 x 3 trial only applies for songs downloaded from Microsoft Zune Marketplace and not for any other mp3 songs. So Zune wireless allows you to share any mp3 which is not bought from Zune marketplace without any trouble. And I think, this will be a very big plus point for Microsoft competing with Apple iPod.
*www.bulletron.com/

Also see *www.cliczune.com/2006/11/zune_review_zun_3.html

Although i still prefer ipod over zune but no FM is big minus. Even if u have loads of songs in ur player still ppl enjoy the unpredictability of radio/TV so having no FM is not good for ipod.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
yes the radio and wi-fi is a big advantage for zune besides integrating wi-fi gives them scope for adding direct to zune download facility in the future and i hv also heard of some compatibility between the 360 and zune wat i am not sure

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Neither, I dont like popular products, I love Creative series, they're nice to look at than vanilla iPods or Zune. Zune sounds funny though.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I like fake ipods , cheap with good looks. not every fake ipod looks good, u have to shop carefully :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom