Intel Sandy Bridge discussion

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Dude the config you hv mentioned in your signature...did you really bought all that stuff???
No, not all of it. Right now I've only got RAM & 2 HDDs with me. I'll be ordering Tempest EVO this week. Will try to get Samsung USB DVD-RW at local shop. Not sure when I will order Dell U2311H & waiting for the Sandy Bridge proccy & mobo to hit the local shops. I hope I can get 'em this week! :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh

Buddy the z68 indeed supports switchable graphics and that means QUICKSYNC can be used with a discrete gpu.

Check this

Refer the para above "TEST RIG".

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
SB is up on [URL="*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&srchInDesc=LGA%201155&Description=sandy%20bridge&page=1&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20"]newegg![/URL]

here are some H67 mobos to go with'em :

H67 mobos :

Newegg.com - h67

Asus, MSI, Intel, Biostar and Gigabyte - all of them are ready with their H67 and P67 lineup and the good news is a H67 matx mobos price starts from as low as $ 95 GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2.

P67 mobos :

Newegg.com - p67

The lowest priced one is only $130 - GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3

So a OCers delight SnB mobo+cpu (2500k) will cost only $355 ( ~17.5K )

For non Ocers 2600+GA-H67M-D2 at only $395 ( ~19.5K) is the best deal as of now.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ did you mean they are locally available - in which city and shop ? what's the price ?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
From what I found out after speaking to a lot of my contacts,SNB CPUs and Mobos(at least ASUS) may become available from next Monday at Kolkata. Yippeeee

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone knows the exact launch date of Z68 mobos???

There's no exact launch date of mobos based on that chipset but it's expected to be relesed on Q2 2011 anyway though some manufactureres have built mobos based on this chip - read thios links :

MSI Intel Z68 Motherboard Also Poses for the Camera - Softpedia

Mitac Built Intel Z68 Motherboard Caught on Camera - Softpedia

and there's some rumor about LGA 2011 cpus and X78 chipset based mobos are also going to be released on Q2 2011.

Man they are overpriced...
I mean wouldn't shall be $ * 45.03 (current rate) = Rupees

Its around 2-3k higher than that, i thought it would be max rs 500-800 more in retails here.

well - you are right about it. New egg is selling a GTS450 @ $109 but eher you have shell at-least ~7.1k ( $157 ) o get that gfx card anyway.

At least mobos are! Click! :D

^^ thanks for informing.

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
Message from SMC "The Sandy Bridge will be available in 1 week. The pre booking starts today. Watch out for the deals on our website."

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Message from SMC "The Sandy Bridge will be available in 1 week. The pre booking starts today. Watch out for the deals on our website."

they are available now :

i5-2400 @ 9.65K
i7-2600 @ 14.9K

And for mobos :

Intel DH67BL @ 5.9k
Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k
Asus P8H67-M @ 7.2k

OP
V

Vishw

Journeyman
they are available now :

i5-2400 @ 9.65K
i7-2600 @ 14.9K

And for mobos :

Intel DH67BL @ 5.9k
Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k
Asus P8H67-M @ 7.2k
Are these from delta?

They should have ordered K versions first coz nobody seems interested in non-K versions.

===================================================================

I thought SMC would be cheaper..

i5 2400 @ Rs 9750
i5 2300 @ Rs 9200

Asus P8H67-M-LX @ Rs 6100
Asus P8H67–M-LE @ Rs 6500
MSI P67A–GD55 @ Rs 9750

Any ideas on prices of i5 2500k and i7 2600k?
I just mailed deltapage about K series & he replied back within 2 minutes! :shock:

This was his reply "k series = NA, not expected also for next 3-4 weeks."
That means we have to wait another month! :-x

Last edited:

srch07

Journeyman
I can't wait 1 more month for i5-2500k....
Man, this really sucks...
Why these things always take so much time to come here, even package forwarder would have sent these things till now, since date of release

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any ideas on prices of i5 2500k and i7 2600k?

Not yet.

Are these from delta?

They should have ordered K versions first coz nobody seems interested in non-K versions.

===================================================================

I thought SMC would be cheaper..

i5 2400 @ Rs 9750
i5 2300 @ Rs 9200

Asus P8H67-M-LX @ Rs 6100
Asus P8H67–M-LE @ Rs 6500
MSI P67A–GD55 @ Rs 9750

I just mailed deltapage about K series & he replied back within 2 minutes! :shock:

This was his reply "k series = NA, not expected also for next 3-4 weeks."
That means we have to wait another month! :-x

Yep, those prices are from there.

BTW, even I'm wondering why any distributors in here have not ordered for "K" series SB cpus ?

Not yet.

Yep, those prices are from there.

BTW, even I'm wondering why any distributors in here have not ordered for "K" series SB cpus ?

In india there are less enthusastics like us. So I believe these ****** distributors who don't have any knowledge what Overclocking is are more inclined towards mainstream users instead of of enthusastics.

Or they are playing game that they want the demand of K series to increase so that they can sell those CPUs for premiuned price

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom