India's first spacecraft to Mars successfully put into Earth's orbit !

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats to ISRO. For making the ride to Mars costing lower than Autos! :p
:doublethumb:

Btw, National holiday since India's rover reached Mars? Come on.. if they start giving holiday's for every accomplishment India achieves, soon we will run out of "Working days". xD

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ err, I don't mean a National Holiday for this thing every year, but only once. ;)

Hrishi

Well its nice to see feats like these being achieved by our indigenously built technology.
I was wondering , is this craft supposed to land on mars ? If yes , then that's the most critical phase , right ?
Landing on mars is extremely difficult. Isn't?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
India is the first country in Asia and fourth in the world to perform a successful Mars mission, and the only one to do so on the first attempt.

Great JOB ISRO !
Also, INB4 BUTTHURT UK citizens commenting, "This is where our tax payer's money goes, to aid in a foreign space program" ?

- - - Updated - - -

Well its nice to see feats like these being achieved by our indigenously built technology.
I was wondering , is this craft supposed to land on mars ? If yes , then that's the most critical phase , right ?

AFAIK, no, its gonna revolve around the planet.. collecting data on the atmosphere

icebags

Technomancer

^ it wont hurt as much as it would to jump into earth from orbit.

India is the first country in Asia and fourth in the world to perform a successful Mars mission, and the only one to do so on the first attempt.

correction, 2nd existing country in world.

considering soviet russia doesn't exist anymore, and eu is not a country. :D

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Great. A vicarious way to feel good.
Absolutely.

Meanwhile as per latest news all instruments onboard MOM are functioning exactly as per Text Book Guidance and Schedule,as confirmed by Scientists and Engineers of ISRO. Data and information are flowing in at Bangalore,Ahmedabad,etc. the various locations of ISRO in our Country...

icebags

Technomancer
our own mars pic, with isro mark. :)

*planetary.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/images/4-mars/2014/20140929_1669791_1557930277763662_2002345568908420485_o.jpg

thats said to be a huge dust storm over north pole there. :shock:

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Google giving its homage to Mar's orbital completing one month in Mars orbit: :D

*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories/mangalyan-650_102414041618.jpg

kg11sgbg

Yes, 1 month revolution around Mars and other functionary mission, safely + successfully completed by MOM ,courtesy ISRO of India.:clap2::goodjob:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
bumping this thread, as Interstellar movie has mention of Indian space program and solar cell from India, i think our success in space programs are being noticed very well by western intellectuals, Nolan is one of the renowed and highly intelligent director of our time, and if his movie mentions about any space agency other than NASA its a great thing.

how many here actually planning to go for ISRO jobs, waiting for a day when Indians will set foot on another planet on their own technology

- - - Updated - - -

also watch this if you have time

[YOUTUBE]sYR0SJ8O1lA[/YOUTUBE]

icebags

Technomancer
^ it's not better, get this clear o, both have different missions. ours was on an engineering mission to test our capabilities to actually reach their - with some top up basic science equips. nasa has already achieved this goal, theres all are on serious science missions. u will understand if u just look at the payload specs.

kg11sgbg

Year 2018 already marked for MOM-II mission.
Probability of dropping an instrumental module (or a lander module!!!) onto the Martian surface.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Mangalyaan have been featured in Time's list of "The 25 Best Inventions of 2014". :)
The 25 Best Inventions of 2014

On second position.

*i.minus.com/iwd68jCNUMDzy.JPG

Top Bottom