I can has Nokia N79

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Will try JBtaskmanager from home.

By the way, the new Nokia firmware is not available for my phone yet. What does this means? Won't it be released for Nokia N79 Indian phone

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
1) System Rush Evolution

2) Space Impact Kappa base

3) Creatures of the deep

4) Mile high pinball

5) Bounce

6) Reset Generation.

7) World series of Poker

8 ) Fifa08

9) Tetris

10) SIMS 2 pets

11) Asphalt something.

12) midnight pool

13) Brain challenge

14) Snakes Subsonic

15) Block Breaker

I backed up everything & have only tetris, pool & bounce installed.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Eureka, i got MobiSystem Office suite 4.6 installed. It won't edit Office 2007 files but then again, i don't need to edit office files usually, this application will be there "just in case"

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Tell me some good browsers for Nokia N79. I don't like the inbuilt webkit browser much cos it isn't that fast & the response time of UI is slow.

I installed Opera Mobile 8.65 today & so far it is good. I use Opera Mini when I have to check simple things like My Orkut Scrapbook or Facebook Profile. If it is something more when I need dynamic content then I use Opera Mobile. On Vodafone Live I use Opera Mini while on WiFi I m using Opera Mobile instead of Webkit.

Just downloaded Skyfire, how is it? Will Opera Mobile 9.5 release for Symbian.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^Opera Mobile 9 was to be released on s60 v3, but it's getting delayed due to some unknown reasons. It will gonna be one hell of a browser. We can't do anything except play the waiting game.

Opera Mobile 9 is already out for Windows Mobile but not for Symbian :mad:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^Opera Mobile 9 was to be released on s60 v3, but it's getting delayed due to some unknown reasons. It will gonna be one hell of a browser. We can't do anything except play the waiting game.

Opera Mobile 9 is already out for Windows Mobile but not for Symbian :mad:

Bu hu hu hu, I know I should have purchased HTC Touch Diamond, but then Windows Mobile 7 is coming this quarter & HTC won't allow to upgrade the OS.

I uninstalled Opera Mobile 8.65. It is more then 2 years old, crashes sometimes. I now use Opera Mini all the time & Webkit when I need to use some full site on WiFi.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ One can resort to the XDA-Devs to upgrade WM phones. Not the most legal way; but MS wont snatch the phone from you to check it. ;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
That would void the warranty. This is the reason instead of ROM Moding my N79 to install unsigned drivers, I got my own certificate from symbiansigned.

I unsinstalled Fring today, find no use of it when I got IM+. Slick is good, just that the enter key doesn't work. Instead of sending the message, it creats a new line.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
[offtopic]
You can restore it anytime. OR you can wait till the warranty gets over..

[offtopic]
- One can restore it to the original state.
OR
- One can wait till the warranty gets over.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
Gx's phone is like a swiss army knife now. :D
Neways you might want to add "call filter" to your consented applications list.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Btw, i m not closing my apps. Since i get 64 mb RAM free always on a boot so even after opening many apps, memory doesn't go below 50 or 40 MB. They run in the background

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I reinstalled Fring today. I didn't realize why Fring was made at the first place. Fring is not a chatting client, IM+ or Slick r. Fring is made so that we can make Voice Chat calls over WiFi/3G to out friends using Skype or Google Talk.

I just tried Fring. I called my friend sitting on a computer using Skype over a regular PC Headphone & Mic. I connected to Skype using Fring through WiFi installed at my home. My Phone was acting as speaker & Mic, while Fring was acting as the Skype Client & Internet was via WiFi. It was just like any other regular phone call.

So IM+ for Chat & Fring for Voice chat

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
I wondered y u uninstalled it. Neways fring is a chatting client toooo and it displays which account the username belongs to. Cool hun? Now u can make hours long free "pesky calls" :D

Keeping a close eye on this thread, I installed "symtorrent". Works great. Who needs a PC wasting so much electricity all day now for just a download. So lemme share some more of my N82 apps not mentioned in this thread...

1. Yahoo go!
2. MG maps (Google maps app.)
3. gmail
4. stopwatch plus
5. Webcam 3 (not tested yet)
6. SIC! FTP
7. Internet Radio (Awesome. I can actually find classical guitars and pieces)

So keep the list of apps coming.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I wondered y u uninstalled it. Neways fring is a chatting client toooo and it displays which account the username belongs to. Cool hun? Now u can make hours long free "pesky calls" :D

Yeah, but I like the chatting feature of Slick or IM+ more then Fring. Fring is just for voice chat.

1. Yahoo go!

Bu hu hu hu, it doesn't work with my Nokia N79. If you have the installer, can you plz upload it here.

mediator

Technomancer
I don't have the installer. I guess I installed it from yahoo site itself surfing from the cell just like u install the "applications" from the "My Nokia Nseries" webpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom