I can has Nokia N79

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
When people think of Nokia N82 the first thing which comes in there mind is Camera to which they compare all the other phone. What many people don't realize that there is more to a phone then camera.

I admit, Nokia N82's camera is better then Nokia N79 when taking pictures indoor because the Xenon Flash helps a lot. Dual LED flash + Night mode is the only thing I have found satisfying me when taking indoor pics in low light condition on my Nokia N79, but then again, I use a phone as a phone more then a camera.

I decided to buy Nokia N79 instead of Nokia N82 because of its better looks & keypad compared to N82, however, this is all my personal choice. Sony Ericsson is still my favorite hardware designs.

Nokia N82 is better compared to N79 because

1) It has Dual Core CPU - In real world, this doesn't affect me much. I checked both the phones & menu speed, opening application is almost same with difference in mili-seconds which doesn't affect me. Dual Core CPU does helps when I play a HD rip of a TV show in xVid format in N82 without converting using the DivX Mobile player, but in this case I prefer to convert video to H.264 AVC which not only optimizes the video but also saves battery life.

2) It has a Dedicated GPU - I don't play games so this won't be needed by me. Dedicated GPU also helps when playing DivX files not optimized for mobile phone but like I said above that I don't play DivX files directly, it won't affect me.

3) Xenon Flash - yes, I miss it. I seriously do. If Nokia releases a phone tomorrow with 5 MP Camera with Xenon flash, as well as a single LED light for video, I will buy it instantly.

Well...other then Xenon Flash, I am not missing anything actually & I got a better & smoother keypad.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
A friend of mine asked me few days back about buying a new mobile phone with main emphasis on camera. He had Sony Ericsson C902 in his mind, but I was able to change his mind to a Sony Ericsson C901. This phone is 5 MP Cybershot with Xenon Flash, good simple keypad which he is used to & a LED light to be used as flash. He doesn't need a small PC in his mobile phone due to which I recommended C901 & now Nokia N82.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom