I can has Nokia N79

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
press the power button on top and then select lock phone. change the year to 2006 and then try

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
When I do that, it asks to enter a passcode. I haven't entered anypass code yet, so it doesn't accept anything. Where do I enter the passcode first?

Also, how can I record a phone call I m talking on. This simple thing isn't there in Symbian :mad:

I changed the year to 2006, 2007 & even 2005. nothing worked, it started giving me error "Certificate may still not be valid"

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
When I do that, it asks to enter a passcode. I haven't entered anypass code yet, so it doesn't accept anything. Where do I enter the passcode first?

Also, how can I record a phone call I m talking on. This simple thing isn't there in Symbian :mad:

I changed the year to 2006, 2007 & even 2005. nothing worked, it started giving me error "Certificate may still not be valid"

1) For Passcode use -> 12345

2) There is a recorder in symbian, you can use it to record calls.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks, I tried 12345 & it worked, then changed the code to something else. it is working as expected

The inbuilt call recorder records for only 1 minute that too with a beep

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
There are many paid softwares, which are better than the inbuilt recorder.
I found Total Recall to be the best & working without beeps.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
The latest ver of total recall has some issues with latest fp2 devices like n85 , n79 . it only records in amr instead of wav and gives beep after every few seconds.. I will wait for a update of total recall.. and most others like live pvr etc gives me beep on my n85

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok, I found SelfSign & OPDA sign certificate & key due to which I am able to sign & install many applications i wasn't able to before in my phone itself. This is the list of all the applications that I have Installed in my phone & all r working fine.

1) GMail App cos Vodafone Live doesn't support POP3

2) Opera Mini

3) Official DivX player

4) Symtorrent

5) best call recorder (not tested yet)

6) Fring

7) Wordmobi

8) IM+

9) Best Safe

10) Best Torch

11) Handy Taskman

12) Powerboot

i got a Mail Client, Web browser, chat client, SIS Signer, Task Manager, Call recorder, Torrent Client, PIM Application, Torch, Wordpress Management application. Now looking for an expence management software, I m really liking the trial of Best Expense from Smartphoneware. What else you guys think is beneficial?

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The error you are getting is because you are trying to install a version meant for some other phones. Try and look for the correct version for your phone. Also, i use JbakTaskman. Its a nice free software.

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Well, Handy Taskman is working fine here so I don't intend to change it. Best Call recorder is working fine too, but it gives beep when recording. Is there some software which can record without beep?

I was still have some problems with signing etc, so I signed up myself on Symbiansigned.com, made my own publisher ID, & submitted my phone's IMEI. Now I have my own valid certificate due to which all the applications install fine, but only in my phone.

After a fresh reboot, I get 68 MB RAM free, Handy Taskman shows total of 120 MB RAM

1) Before I re-charge the phone, I m draining it's battery completely. is it ok?

2) How are those Silicon Screen covers? I m getting one for Rs 200, r they good enough to invest.

3) Recommend me some good headphone, I know of EP-630 but I will then miss the Mic. Are bluetooth headphones good, I hope they don't eat lots of battery.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You should really give a try to Jbak Taskman. Its MUCH MUCH better.. And its free.

1. Yes.
2. You should definitely get one..
3. The motorola one is good. The one you get with Moto Rokr. But wait for other people's suggestions.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
If ur looking for stereo bluetooth headset then get samsung sbh-500. Excellent sound quality and playback time. I am using it currently and very much satisfied with it. Motorola s9 just scores in looks and its light weight appearance.

*www.mobiletechreview.com/tips/Samsung-SBH500.htm

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I m buying the silicon screen cover today.

I have 3 options when it comes to buying a earphone. Since I want in-ear type earphones.

1) Buy a Creative EP-630 & plug that in the existing Handsfree. This is the best option as I will get good earphone & a Mic but the problem is the cord will get very long. This I will check though.

2) A Bluetooth handsfree such as
Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-103.
This will do fine for me, but I am worried about battery. This has a mic inbuilt

3) A real stereo headphone such as
Nokia Stereo Headset WH-700.
This is a normal wired handsfree with 3.5 mm jack.

Anyone saw the icons of Nokia 5800 Xpress Music. I just love them, simple for a mobile screen.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
gxsaurav said:
1) Before I re-charge the phone, I m draining it's battery completely. is it ok?
NO! Not if the battery is a Lithium one.
Complete charge/discharge should be done when the phone is bought; and can be done around once every month, which helps to caliberate the battery.
Charge whenever you can during regular usage. Ideally a Lithium battery should not fall below 33% of charge.

---------------------------
I'd recommend wired over wireless.. Unless you drive your way to work/are the 007 type. :p

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The battery in my Nokia N79 is Standard battery, Li-Ion 1200 mAh (BL-6F), according to GSMArena.

Since the day I bought the phone, I charged it once only & it is showing 3 lines right now. Since I haven't discharged it yet, I m going to completely discharge it once, & then I will charge it when possible & won't let the battery go below 2 lines.

Is there some application which can show my phone's battery life in percentage, sorry too much used to SE's way of doing things :D. Switching to Nokia is like switching to Linux for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom