HTC Desire HD or Incredible S or any other

Which according to you is the best smartphone and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
@OP
all you have posted now seems to be contradictory......are u sure you want to buy a phone or are just loitering around just to create a ruckus coz much has been said and nothing achieved.....NOM :)

Ur budget is <25k then how are u considering Neo and Incredible....
Iphone 4 way outta ur budget...

n well never seen a Iphone,HTC fan moreover one who buys a SE after that :lol:

p>S:all this seems fake better not be coz most people advise based on trust thinking all are genuine......but seems that is not the case...

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
@OP
all you have posted now seems to be contradictory......are u sure you want to buy a phone or are just loitering around just to create a ruckus coz much has been said and nothing achieved.....NOM :)

Ur budget is <25k then how are u considering Neo and Incredible....
Iphone 4 way outta ur budget...

n well never seen a Iphone,HTC fan moreover one who buys a SE after that :lol:

p>S:all this seems fake better not be coz most people advise based on trust thinking all are genuine......but seems that is not the case...

Hey I m spending a big amount so I need to think a lot and moreover both Incredible S and Neo costs 25K.
And yes iphone is out of my budget but if anyone will get a brand new iphone from apple store for 29K who is going to miss that deal(In my case it is just exceeding my budget with only 4K).
And yes I m a fan of HTC n apple but all guys out here suggested me Neo so that is why I m considering it as one of my options.

aakashdave11

Gadget gyan dispenser
btw it is the mid end buyers who have to think a lot to get best bang for the buck ...no such worries for the higher end buyer.....just get the best there is right ;-)

Seriously,if you want the best wait for some time(i know this wait game and all) but dual core devices are just months away and dumping 25k on a single core device will seem like a bad idea later....

although it is just a technological advancement.....will do the same work any HTC/Samsung did...but just to be sure u hv the best ....

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I can see many people 'overhyping' iPhone 4's camera. It is good, but not the best. The best camera fones have always been from Nokia, SE and Samsung. Here are a few pics, check them out yourself: Samsung I9000 Galaxy S vs. Apple iPhone 4: Collision course - GSMArena.com

Motorola ZN5 and Nokia N82 are the best 5mp camera fones which I've seen followed by SE C901. iPhone 4 doesn't come close to them. yea, but it has a good camera. Not denying that.

Agree. Nokia N82 had a really nice camera. So sad, that in the age of super-smartphone picture quality is increasingly losing importance. (Yeah, there are a lot more 8 mp phones, but they don't come anywhere near the best 5MP phones out there, not even iPhone4.) I think spec-wise, iPhone4 has a really good camera (in terms of the sensor, light sensitivity).

And one thing, iPhone's tendency to over-saturate works out really well in most situations (but yeah, the white-balance is awful) and it definitely has one of the better low-light sensitivity among phones. (wiithout flash). So, overally I believe iPhone 4's camera definitely trumps Galaxy S's, IMO. (And I found HDR to be a nice option to have, and really improved the quality in some cases).

abhidev

Human Spambot
And one thing, iPhone's tendency to over-saturate works out really well in most situations (but yeah, the white-balance is awful) and it definitely has one of the better low-light sensitivity among phones. (wiithout flash). So, overally I believe iPhone 4's camera definitely trumps Galaxy S's, IMO. (And I found HDR to be a nice option to have, and really improved the quality in some cases).

This is where Nokia overtakes I-phone when it comes to taking picture with no flash...also the flash of I-phone is weak as compared to other smartphones. Checkout the link i have posted compareing N8 and I-phone in post #71

Last edited by a moderator:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
This is where Nokia overtakes I-phone when it comes to taking picture with no flash...also the flash of I-phone is weak as compared to other smartphones. Checkout the link i have posted compareing N8 and I-phone in post #71

Keep in mind that you are comparing iPhone 4 with Nokia N8, which has the largest sensor, (yet) found on a commercial mainstream phone!! That, it manages to barely keep up with N8 (in some aspects) and performs really well in video recording, while being among the thinnest phones (smartphones), you can buy, is in itself commendable. (The lack of ext. sd slot, micro-SIM and the custom-designed A4 package, also might have helped).

I haven't done a direct comparison, but if my memory serves right, iPhone definitely has a much better (sans-flash) camera quality in low-light situations, when compared to the yesteryear's N82. (Of course, with flash, the results would be quite different).

Have a look at this link , regarding details of iPhone 4's camera :
Sizing up the iPhone 4 for shutterbugs

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Nokia has only 1 phone which barely overtakes iPhone 4 in terms of Camera performance... and that is the N8.

Please look at iPhone 4 camera comparisons...

The first image is Nokia N8 camera, and the second is from iPhone 4... See for yourself...
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/engxv90929.jpg
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ivz4x093080029.jpg

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/engxv90905.jpg
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ivz4x093080005.jpg

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/engxv90944.jpg
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/09/ivz4x093080044.jpg
In my opinion, iPhone 4 is better...

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
@AndroidFan,

The Nokia N8 is trying to preserve as much of detail, it can , while iPhone 4 is doing lots of post processing which makes their photos much more colorful at the expense of clarity.
Keep in mind that, post-processing can be done easily in N8 (once the photos are taken), if needed, to get similar "colourful" pictures while retaining much more detail.

And probably, the primary reason why it is not done, while taking pictures is that the designers were aiming it at individuals who are thinking of replacing their P&S with a smartphone, who will probably place more importance on the detail.

One important thing, the pictures have themselves being compressed,cropped thus losing details in the process.

Plus, some of the pics taken by Vlad, had a visible shake, implying that he hadn't shot it properly (admittedly due to the not so easy to capture hardware button that N8 has).

If you want more comparison pics. Have a look at:
Gallery: Nokia N8 versus Canon IXUS 130 – 9MP vs 10MP shots – witness the N8's precision pixels. : My Nokia Blog

Nokia N8 – closer quality to a digital camera than your iPhone 4. Closer to reality colours and higher detail. : My Nokia Blog

NOTE:
1. Found it in that engadget link you posted, and I won't place too much faith in the source. But, the fact remains he and several others(check gsmarena, and others) found N8 to be the one of the best (if not the best) camera phone around.

2. I also liked the iPhone 4 pics more ;) (in the comparison pics engadget posted.)

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
I just don't understand why people are comparing iPhone with N8. It is just like comparing success with disaster.

It is not how clear a picture a phone takes but what user experience it provides. And the success of the iPhone & the failure of Nokia has proved this.

I quote a part of Nokia's CEO Stephen Elop from the letter which he sent to his employees:

I have learned that we are standing on a burning platform.

For example, there is intense heat coming from our competitors, more rapidly than we ever expected. Apple disrupted the market by redefining the smartphone and attracting developers to a closed, but very powerful ecosystem.

In 2008, Apple's market share in the $300+ price range was 25 percent; by 2010 it escalated to 61 percent. They are enjoying a tremendous growth trajectory with a 78 percent earnings growth year over year in Q4 2010. Apple demonstrated that if designed well, consumers would buy a high-priced phone with a great experience and developers would build applications. They changed the game, and today, Apple owns the high-end range.

And I quote Nokia's former head of design here:

The engineers at Nokia brag about the number of megapixels a new phone has. But they don't understand that if you can't find the button to use the camera on the phone, it doesn't matter how many megapixels it is.

So it is useless to compare N8 to iPhone in today's date. We'll discuss about Nokia after they've launched their WP7 phones & not before.

The only threat that iPhone has is from Android especially in the midrange so soon Apple would be forced to release cheaper versions of the iPhone.

And comparing Android with iOS, I just can say that they are different. Neither of them is superior as of now. So it is more of an personal preference & the money you have.

I think that this is the end of the discussion.

@OP
My pick for you would be the SE Neo.

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I just don't understand why people are comparing iPhone with N8. It is just like comparing success with disaster.

It is not how clear a picture a phone takes but what user experience it provides. And the success of the iPhone & the failure of Nokia has proved this.

So it is useless to compare N8 to iPhone in today's date. We'll discuss about Nokia after they've launched their WP7 phones & not before.

The only threat that iPhone has is from Android especially in the midrange so soon Apple would be forced to release cheaper versions of the iPhone.

And comparing Android with iOS, I just can say that they are different. Neither of them is superior as of now. So it is more of an personal preference & the money you have.

I think that this is the end of the discussion.

@OP
My pick for you would be the SE Neo.

Lol!! You are obviously smitten with iPhone ;) ..

We are comparing the two phone's camera. When taken as a whole, N8 comes nowhere near iPhone 4...

pauldmps

Banned
Lol!! You are obviously smitten with iPhone ;) ..

The whole world is smitten with iPhone.

We are comparing the two phone's camera.

I can get a professional grade camera in the price of iPhone, so what ? If it is a phone, it has to have phone-like features not digicam like. Unfortunately, Nokia understood this too late.

When taken as a whole, N8 comes nowhere near iPhone 4...

So you agree. Since this is a "mobile phone buying advice" section, then shouldn't we stick to advising "as a whole" mobile phone to a user ?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Keep in mind that you are comparing iPhone 4 with Nokia N8, which has the largest sensor, (yet) found on a commercial mainstream phone!! That, it manages to barely keep up with N8 (in some aspects) and performs really well in video recording, while being among the thinnest phones (smartphones), you can buy, is in itself commendable. (The lack of ext. sd slot, micro-SIM and the custom-designed A4 package, also might have helped).

I haven't done a direct comparison, but if my memory serves right, iPhone definitely has a much better (sans-flash) camera quality in low-light situations, when compared to the yesteryear's N82. (Of course, with flash, the results would be quite different).

Have a look at this link , regarding details of iPhone 4's camera :
Sizing up the iPhone 4 for shutterbugs

Correct...but my point is N8 is much cheaper than I-Phone...all I am trying to say is I-phone is overly priced and you can get much better phones with better specs in that kind of money...

Hrithan2020

In the zone
The whole world is smitten with iPhone.

Yeah right :D .. But, apparently not as much as you ;)

So you agree. Since this is a "mobile phone buying advice" section, then shouldn't we stick to advising "as a whole" mobile phone to a user ?

Of course, I didn't see anyone recommending N8 over iPhone4 (provided price is not an issue. I wouldn't even recommend it over the original Samsung Wave(considering the price difference at that time!!!)

But, you should keep in mind, we were comparing just the two phone's camera. And, yeah, I do think , if you need the phone just for making calls and taking good photos, with a bit of GPS use, and a little internet surfing, N8 might be a better choice than iPhone4.
Correct...but my point is N8 is much cheaper than I-Phone...all I am trying to say is I-phone is overly priced and you can get much better phones with better specs in that kind of money...

N8 is much cheaper than iPhone ,and iPhone is overpriced. Agreed.
But, going for N8 based on that would be ridiculous. There are much better phones than N8 with better specs in that kind of money. (Samsung Wave, near 300 ppi,SAMOLED screen, 1 Ghz processor, Wi-Fi 802.11n, BT 3 cost around Rs 6-8 k lower, when N8 launched!! I haven't kept pace with N8's price drop since!!. Besides , Galaxy SL has come now.)

pauldmps

Banned

1. There are better phones (spec-wise) which are cheaper than the iPhone but the N8 is definitely not one of them.

2. Spec-to-spec, the iPhone might be way below other phones but it provides the best user experience any mobile device can. So its price justifies its usability.

And, yeah, I do think , if you need the phone just for making calls and taking good photos, with a bit of GPS use, and a little internet surfing, N8 might be a better choice than iPhone4.

I'd recommend Nokia X2-00 instead. Why waste 21k for the N8 ?

Or a 12MP digicam + Nokia C1-01 combo would also work & give better results.

And please stop branding me an iPhone fanboy. You can see my posts in other threads for proof.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@hrithan and @pauldmps

The N8 was recommended with reference to its camera and not the overall features...definitely there are much better phones available.

I think you never used any android and iOS phone even in Nokia for most of thing you need an app:grin: (exE90 its expensive phone:idea:). First you asked me iphone is not able to send anything from Bluetooth. When I tell you yes its possible just need an app because in iphone everything is his app and this reason why the iphone sale touch the sky. Here if I give you a simple solution but don’t want it because you are not looking for solution here.And you what is hilarious if you don’t know how to use the product and how they work and it's very easy to blame the company due to insufficient knowledge:fonzz:, this is the reason you hate Apple. I never used Mac book and the reason behind is expensive and also the hardware compare to others are not up-to mark, I can get same hardware in other laptop in low price. But once I used I know why Apple charge too much, I never used that product because its expensive it does not means that product is useless:C_oath:.
Does that app come for free...or you have to buy it???

First thing it’s never going to happen because the quality of product is very good;). And I have other phones in spare for my backup and within week or maximum two week you got your replacement. Really I don’t the cost because I never found any one :blush:with this problem and apple offer you to extended warranty if you want. Yes if want you can change and replace the component by your own the site called ifiit :stirpot:they will be provide the component and guide. And if you are buying such expensive product and company know there customers who purchasing that product he is already financially strong that why he is buying and he can maintain it.Please don't buy thing if can't maintain it .

Ohh gr8...after all you came back to those spare phone you have...what if you don't have any spare phone?? Also is it necessary that every I-phone user is supposed to have a spare phone??;-)
Every company offers extended warranty...
Why do you need to go through all those hassles of following a website n all...:)

I know all free goodies more than you because you are not user and you don’t want to be.:yeahright: If company offer something free which worth Rs2000, So what you gone do for that “No I don’t want it because your design is not good ask me”:doogone:. As I mention many times to you can make a call without a zero signal, I tested these thing:wow:. It’s is not a big issue and if some facing lot lot issue,so there is solution also but you and other people like you with limited knowledge ingenious this issue.:lol:
The company is offering it for free coz they know that there is a flaw in their product if they don't offer their so called 2k free goodies then their sale would dropdown big time...:)

It’s applied on you:grinsmack:. The member who reading here they know very well, what you talking about and what is your understanding level is.And you talking always negative because you don't like it and you don't want if any buy this product.
*blog.geekaphone.com/files/2011/03/iPhone_Infographic_1600px.jpg
No comments...u need to check your own brain stats buddy...no hard feelings:)

I think you have problem in reading, it’s clearly mention I also used Nokia and other phone. This is crap for you because you don’t anything, its natural phenomenon happen when a person never interacts first time with technology.:noob:
rubbish....

And Something you have to read first its only you who have a problem with Apple.
It’s J.D.Power survey time once again, and as is becoming the norm Apple’s iPhone has come out top, voted by users as the handset they are most satisfied with.Apple came out top ahead of competitors Motorola and HTC, with RIM’s BlackBerry being ranked last.The iPhone’s design, ease of use and iOS operating system received special mention in the survey results.

Dude are you some kind of a Secret Apple Marketer ????:grin:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
I'd recommend Nokia X2-00 instead. Why waste 21k for the N8 ?

Or a 12MP digicam + Nokia C1-01 combo would also work & give better results.

And please stop branding me an iPhone fanboy. You can see my posts in other threads for proof.

Because you'll carry your mobile everywhere. Are you seriously going to carry your mobile+camera every place you go, not just for vacation/special trips? (I know some do, but majority won't. So, N8 might be aimed at them, whoever they may be :rolleyes:)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Dont compare Camera of N8 with iPhone 4 :x

@abhidev: Each device in the market has flaws & their respective companies tend to remove the flaw either through firmware upgrade or new series design. I have read the whole thread & observed dat u r only pointing -ve points of iphone 4.Do consider the +ve points of iphone.coz always considering the -ve points will not allow u to make a final choice & the example is u only...u said dat u liked Nexus-S & waited for it then said other new version of new amazing models(from others brands) r coming...bcoz technology is advancing.But this advancement never ends & u can put an end to ur wait & buy a suitable fone....;-)

Its no point in arguing with member who has been following & using the generation of iphones.bcoz theorectically we can comment,but the real punch will be on practical observation :smile:

I also dnt own an iphone but will soon buys ipod ;-)

abhidev

Human Spambot
Dont compare Camera of N8 with iPhone 4 :x

@abhidev: Each device in the market has flaws & their respective companies tend to remove the flaw either through firmware upgrade or new series design. I have read the whole thread & observed dat u r only pointing -ve points of iphone 4.Do consider the +ve points of iphone.coz always considering the -ve points will not allow u to make a final choice & the example is u only...u said dat u liked Nexus-S & waited for it then said other new version of new amazing models(from others brands) r coming...bcoz technology is advancing.But this advancement never ends & u can put an end to ur wait & buy a suitable fone....;-)

Its no point in arguing with member who has been following & using the generation of iphones.bcoz theorectically we can comment,but the real punch will be on practical observation :smile:

I also dnt own an iphone but will soon buys ipod ;-)
Each device does have flaws but then the device with that kind of money should be such that you don't have to be depended on three other things to do a particular task...which is essential in a phone.(For example. I-tunes is a must to transfer media, then as he said u need an app to transfer through Bluetooth)
And abt Nexus-S..its not related to the I-phone discussion here....in that post what i meant was that technology is growing so fast that once you buy a phone and just after 2-months it either lies nowhere among the new phones or rather gets totally phased out...so in my case i waited for Nexus-S but it never released and now that its releasing it doesn't do justice with the price tag it has...much better phones are available.
Also the argument was basically to show that though I-phone is good there are other phones with better specs and features which are less costly than I-phone.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
post what i meant was that technology is growing so fast that once you buy a phone and just after 2-months it either lies nowhere among the new phones or rather gets totally phased out
This happens with every hardware be it a CPU or GPU :)

Also the argument was basically to show that though I-phone is good there are other phones with better specs and features which are less costly than I-phone.
Yup there r devices which excels....but believe it or not Brand Apple is much popular around the world than any other device out there

here is an example...
Boy A:hey look my iphone 3GS its gr8 ha...
Boy B:wow...iphone 3GS..
Boy A:ya...& now iphone 4 is also available..
Boy B: oh yes....I know....
Boy A:Hey u know motorola ZX model is also good....its new launched...
Boy B:what...ummm..no i dont...will have to google for it :lol:

pauldmps

Banned
@ abhidev

Give me one reason why people are ready to pay such huge amount for such a flaw-filled phones when better phones are available at lesser price.

And don't give me such sh!tty reasons like
(Apple)is more good at making ppl believe that whatever they hv given is the best they hv....

Top Bottom