HTC Desire HD or Incredible S or any other

Which according to you is the best smartphone and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Finally after much thought I m planning to buy Incredible S very soon(though I like iphone 4 and Desire HD very much but as we all know iphone 4 costs a lot and DHD doesn't have a front facing camera but one thing is there in DHD which makes it above all,it is its HUGE screen )
Now anyone would like to say anything???

And I would like to ask one think more I have read at many places that Incredible S doesn't support video calling,is it really true n if yes then why is it so?

Android is still under development. You will get integrated video calling in a few months after upgrade. Till then, you have the option of using Skype or Qik for video calling.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
guys please tell me any store/showroom where I could get my hands on Incredible S in Delhi/Noida(where it is available).And can just have a look at its software,hardware n everything before I buy it.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ If you think that LG is not as good as other brands, then you're mistaken.

Check the specs of the Optimus 2X & then say that.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer

May in terms of specs it may be a good phone,there are many other companies which also have better specs in there products so it doesn't mean that they can compete with high end companies like HTC,Apple etc..
So what I m trying to say is that LG is not that bad but I(or should say one) can't prefer it over HTC or apple when buying a high end phone costing approx 30K

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
May in terms of specs it may be a good phone,there are many other companies which also have better specs in there products so it doesn't mean that they can compete with high end companies like HTC,Apple etc..
So what I m trying to say is that LG is not that bad but I(or should say one) can't prefer it over HTC or apple when buying a high end phone costing approx 30K

I agree HTC and Apple have a reputation of excellent built quality and are premium products. Even I would be wary of buying a high end phone which is not from a premium brand.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Dont get an LG. Pathetic software, crappy service and the guys there have no idea what android is. And the Optimus 2x is ridden with a myriad of bugs. The only good thing is that its rooted. In fact, the first thing you have to do after you get the phone is to install a custom kernel from modaco to coz with the existing kernel the earpiece is muffled and the phone force closes all the time.

Hrithan2020

In the zone

For an iPhone lover, I find it hard to believe that you go just after the specs,for other phones.
As stated by others, Optimus 2X suffers due to the lack of optimizations done. From the reviews out there, it seems that Incredible S might indeed feel faster than Optimus 2X!!

Last edited:
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Dont get an LG. .
For sure I m not going for LG even If I get a discount of 5k or so.
The worst thing about LG and Samsung is that these companies don't concentrate on the looks of the products,it should be of major concern.
And coz they are not premium brands I would also not suggest them to anyone ans also now a days HTC is having phone for everyone based budget,screen size etc. ;-)
So HTC is ahead of all :p

Hrithan2020

In the zone
For sure I m not going for LG even If I get a discount of 5k or so.
The worst thing about LG and Samsung is that these companies don't concentrate on the looks of the products,it should be of major concern.
And coz they are not premium brands I would also not suggest them to anyone ans also now a days HTC is having phone for everyone based budget,screen size etc. ;-)
So HTC is ahead of all :p

HTC , unfortunately doesn't fare all that well, in the below 20k space . (Heck, lets talk mid-range phones. )

And, has the service in India, improved? (for HTC?)

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
Nexus S ?
It would be my pick, followed by the Incredible S. HTC phones have a short battery life, lack a spacious internal storage and have possibly the worst sound quality (earpiece, loudspeaker ans audio jack) of any smartphone IMO. Also, they take their time in repairing phones apart from having fewer service centers than the rest of the manufacturers.

The NS is a google phone, has decent dev support, 16GB internal storage, great SQ and guaranteed (and fastest) OS updates.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC , unfortunately doesn't fare all that well, in the below 20k space . (Heck, lets talk mid-range phones. )

And, has the service in India, improved? (for HTC?)

HTC wildfire is mid range phone and costs only 12-13k and has foryo,5MP camera and other very good features,people say that optimus is better than it but I don't think so,it doesn't have a 5MP camera and also LG can never be compared with HTC.
And if we talk about the service than I think HTC phones hardly need it as I m using HTC touch from almost 2years and I haven't experienced any problem till yet,it is very durable as it falls from my hand every second day and though it has a 2MP camera but it is really good.

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
HTC build quality is very good, no arguments on that. They know how to make solid phones. Wont agree with you about the camera's on their phones though. Very disappointing cameras on all HTC phones (compared to Sammy, SE, Nokia and LG)

It all boils down to brand loyalty. If you like HTC - get the Incredible S. If Samsung suits you better - Nexus S it is. If you prefer SE, the Xperia Arc would be it.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Wont agree with you about the camera's on their phones though. Very disappointing cameras on all HTC phones (compared to Sammy, SE, Nokia and LG)

I have used many HTC phones and I would like to tell u all i.e. their camera is far better than that of LG and nokia(if we compare the handsets with the equivalent megapixels)
Yes we all know that the camera of Sony Ericsson handets are the best and if it comes to samsung then yes they are also good.

@sid-> I m gonna buy Incredible S for sure.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I have used many HTC phones and I would like to tell u all i.e. their camera is far better than that of LG and nokia(if we compare the handsets with the equivalent megapixels)
You are completely wrong here. :) Nokia and LG have always had better camera quality than HTC.

But Incredible S has a good camera.

abhidev

Human Spambot
@aroraanant: htc cameras are better than nokia's cameras....wrong wrong....nokia leads in this section

Top Bottom