HTC Desire HD or Incredible S or any other

Which according to you is the best smartphone and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes, a factory unlocked iPhone can by upgraded easily without fear of locking.

BUT, you won't be able to jailbreak.

No more Cydia... No SBS Settings... just think about it... no jailbreak possible even on a factory unlocked device.

Yaar if we buy a factory unlocked iphone then what is need of get it jailbreaked?

pauldmps

Banned
Yes, a factory unlocked iPhone can by upgraded easily without fear of locking.

BUT, you won't be able to jailbreak.

No more Cydia... No SBS Settings... just think about it... no jailbreak possible even on a factory unlocked device.

A jailbreak for iOS 4.3 should be out soon. And every further updates will be jailbroken in no time. So I don't think anyone should worry on this.

BTW, the prices Nightmare posted are much better than Ebay & Amazon.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
So you mean that I should go for a locked one and then jailbreak it rather than going for a factory unlocked one?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
So you mean that I should go for a locked one and then jailbreak it rather than going for a factory unlocked one?

Unlock and Jailbreak are two different things.

Unlock allows you to use any SIM card you want, unlike a locked iPhone which can be used with AT&T only.

Jailbreak allows you many different customization options. I especially love SBS settings, Winterboard themes from Cydia, PDAnet for tethering and the ability to sideload apps. Its like Root access. Can be useful if you know what you are doing.

But if you are a casual user, and don't care about Root access and are happy with all the software available in the Apple Appstore, then iPhone is a great device for you and you should buy one...

Cheers!

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
in that case I don't think I need a factory unlocked iphone and I can buy a locked phone from US which will cost me only 28k.

So now that means anyone should not go for factory unlocked phone we can buy i locked phone also,it doesnt matter at all.
Is it like that?

dhanraj

Broken In
No.. Factory unlocked version is anytime better if u can afford it...
As AndroidFan mentioned.. Jailbreaking and unlocking are 2 seperate things..

Unlocking allows you to use your iPhone with any Network carrier.
When your phone is software unlocked, you lose the lock when you upgrade the OS on the phone trough iTunes.. and you will have to wait for a proper unlock to be released by the developer's for that upgraded version of OS.
This is not the case when the phone is Factory Unlocked. You can freely upgrade your OS as and when it comes.

And Jailbreaking allows you to do lots of customizations which is otherwise not possible.

Regardless of the phone being a software unlocked / factory unlocked version, if you are interested in doing these customizations like the one's mentioned by AndroidFan in the above post, you will have to jailbreak it..

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
OK.Now I am understanding what u people r saying...
So let me see which one I will buy now iphone 4 or Incredible S.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
I dont see how the Incredible S edges the SE Xperia series in any way. When it comes to unlocking, the Xperia X10 has be rooted and as I speak I am running CM7 with Gingerbread on my phone. As per hardware specs, the same processor with Dual channel RAM beats the cut there too. And it also comes with the latest version of Android.
The Incredible S on the other hand is just a refurbished DEsire HD with below par battery life and a pathetic cam and screen. If you ae buying the Incredible S just to be able to mod it, I think thats a lame approach towards approaching Android. Dev support in XDA is great for all phones. Oh wait, The incredible S comes with 2.2 right? And since they release updates on a region basis, India may receive the update no earlier than may

The Neo is due for release along with the Arc btw.

abhidev

Human Spambot
If you have any information about iphone how to unlock and upgrade it do you ?.So I suggest you please stay away,because you don't know anything its looking like you heard from some one conversation "iphone oh man don't buy, you know why if you upgrade to newer OS then you lost your unlocking and wait for a long until new unlocking will be release.Really thanks you save me:glass-surprise:".

@aroraanant Don't be panic,If you are purchasing factory unlocked there is no issue and if you manage to get software unlocked version which obviously its a cheaper but don't worry you can upgrade to new OS or firmware without losing any your unlocking before upgrading to newer FW you have to do few things.And please decide which handset you want don't lie on other choice because every person is different point of view.Same as like me i am using iphone because like it the app,screen, touch sensor and easy to use in my daily life and yes its expensive so what don't buy :huh?: billion of iphone 4 already sold this my second iphone 4 and I know how much and why I am paying for it.Ask some here "I give you choice to buy a phone iphone 4 and any other good android and decrease the the price of iphone then see the result.If you there is not lot of difference in price when you compare the product and company apple product always expensive because its worth and they charge premium its like monopoly (ex-Microsoft).So please its up-to you and if concern with price and your budget is limited then you have to decide.However you are king because customer is king:lol: its your money do what you want to do.I just only give you information and share my experience with you and your is looking very confused :boink:.I am not sure but I have a feeling you made your mind for iphone4 but some force are stopping you :fencing: am I right :rolleyes: cheers.

-Dude tell me one thing....are you even able to transfer files over Bluetooth after spending such huge bucks on the phone???
-Also are you able to expand storage on your phone???
-Are you able to get good signal strength if you don't hold it like a robot???:-D
-Also it doesn't support real multitasking...i would say it just fakes it...
-After spending so much money, the camera you get is just 5mp...when the cell phones almost half its cost provide you with a better camera...think about it
-also it is entirely covered with glass i suppose(not sure)...its a finger print magnet....
-It doesn't support flash.....
So think before spending so much money...buy what is worth the money

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@chintan- I am talking about Official Gingerbread on the Incredible S. It comes with 2.2.

The Arc will be here sooner than that. In fact, SE already had a hands on with the dealers and everyone was given a feel of the handset. My dealer here says that the phone will be here by the beginning of April. And yea, the Neo and Arc launch together dude. Check out the SE announcement. Now its up to the dealer to stock it.

The Iphone 4 is a great phone too if you can pay for it. The signal issue is overhyped. No one holds their phone like a brick while talking or doing anything. You get used to it. The interface is silky smooth and everything works like a charm.
And let me clear a few things up..

1)Theres an app over which you can transfer files over bluetooth on the iphone.
2)As i said the signal issue is vastly overhyped.
3)The camera is good enough. Backlit and takes good pictures. Megapixels hardly matter.
4')Skyfire for flash
5)Best build in a phone yet.

I am not an iphone fanboy or anything, but just dont pull down the iphone for the sake of it

abhidev

Human Spambot
@chintan- I am talking about Official Gingerbread on the Incredible S. It comes with 2.2.

The Arc will be here sooner than that. In fact, SE already had a hands on with the dealers and everyone was given a feel of the handset. My dealer here says that the phone will be here by the beginning of April. And yea, the Neo and Arc launch together dude. Check out the SE announcement. Now its up to the dealer to stock it.

The Iphone 4 is a great phone too if you can pay for it. The signal issue is overhyped. No one holds their phone like a brick while talking or doing anything. You get used to it. The interface is silky smooth and everything works like a charm.
And let me clear a few things up..

1)Theres an app over which you can transfer files over bluetooth on the iphone.
2)As i said the signal issue is vastly overhyped.
3)The camera is good enough. Backlit and takes good pictures. Megapixels hardly matter.
4')Skyfire for flash
5)Best build in a phone yet.

I am not an iphone fanboy or anything, but just dont pull down the iphone for the sake of it

I am not trying to pull down I-phone....its a gr8 phone but highly overpriced....my point is if you are spending so much money then why not spend on something that has something better to offer than the i-phone....thats all...

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
-Dude tell me one thing....are you even able to transfer files over Bluetooth after spending such huge bucks on the phone???
-Also are you able to expand storage on your phone???
-Are you able to get good signal strength if you don't hold it like a robot???:-D
-Also it doesn't support real multitasking...i would say it just fakes it...
-After spending so much money, the camera you get is just 5mp...when the cell phones almost half its cost provide you with a better camera...think about it
-also it is entirely covered with glass i suppose(not sure)...its a finger print magnet....
-It doesn't support flash.....

1-Yes you can transfer over bluetooth see the video below, but I have other faster way:cool:.
[YOUTUBE]MhD85FZbgx4[/YOUTUBE]

2-LOL 16 GB and 32GB is not enough for you.OK other phones offers more than that ?How much you are using currently.But if you need more space use AirStash and there other lots of solution.

*i.imgur.com/RX2bc.jpg
[YOUTUBE]HrVFSopptns[/YOUTUBE]

3-I think you have learn some basic science what happen when body get touch on any conductor.And this only not iphone who this issue phone like RIM's Blackberry Bold 9700, the HTC Droid Eris from HTC and the Samsung Omnia II.But in my personal experience I try that when I put my finger in left bottom side and wait for signal drop and after that I can make a call and receive and also i saw other user who tested this.

[YOUTUBE]B_RP7Fn1w8Q[/YOUTUBE]

4-iphone's multitasking is not real :) is like 25% running and enough to run app Faster: P and pause when you leave and real multitasking will ruin your batter life,which is running in background.Is like when you load a page on browser but in the same time you play something will ruin your battery life.Thanks i don't want to plug my charger every 30 min and its better computers.

5-When I have 3GS with 3 mega pixel and its better than other 5 mega pixel camera phones and iphone 4 is much much better.Same as like N73 camera is better than N95 ask people around you.And I think you are running for number 8,12 some thing like that but you don't concern about quality.Yes I already told its expensive but for sec just hold iphone 4 in you hand and feel and see the quality material then compare with others.

*i.imgur.com/o1PxX.png

Source

6-
also it is entirely covered with glass i suppose(not sure)...its a finger print magnet....

You don't know what you are talking about :grin:.

7-Use skyfire and other way.:cool:

So think before spending lot time what you have written and why and please don't waste time if you don't have references to support your argue.And I know how much I paying for what.I am not faster than you in typing.

vishurocks

Journeyman
Iphone offers a very gr8 experience. Touch response nd interface is butterly smooth. Jailbreaking allows many cool customizations but only do it when u r sure of what u r doing. Coz for casual user it's a little bit tricky

but for customizations i will prefer android over ios anytime

Top Bottom