HTC Desire HD or Incredible S or any other

Which according to you is the best smartphone and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
No i am not trying to crap this thread...
I truly understand that you aren't trying to crap the thread, but your posts have slightly shifted the path of this thread.

The OP wants to buy a mobile, and I think we should only stick to the topic and give him suggestions accordingly. No more off-topic now. Thanks.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Hi, If your are budget is allow you to buy a iphone 4,So please go for it.As you mention the list of phones above, you can choose HTC Incredible S in my opinion.One of my friend is using this handset and really its a nice handset.But if you want to buy a android phone which contains most of the features of expensive high end phone then I will suggest you Orange San Francisco aka ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 believe this phones is great when you compare with price to his features, it will cost you around Rs 10000 but there is catch you have to purchase from a U.K.I saw more than dozen of people are getting this phone and its out of stock in most of store.If you are interest in this handset you can order from here Link

Hardware Specifications of Orange San Francisco

* Android 2.1 Eclair (You can upgrade to 2.2 custom ROM and after de-brand the phone it will be run more faster due to Orange software it lit bit laggy )
* Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz processor (after root it will overclock to MAX: 729::MIN: 122 )
* 512MB RAM
* UMTS 900/2100 MHz
* GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz
* HSDPA (3G+)
* 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus (The camera is fine)
* 3.5" WVGA (800x480) TFT touchscreen (Consider this feature and compare with others) sharp display and when you read text what i can say wow.
* WiFi 802.11 b/g
* Bluetooth
* FM radio
* GPS (Consider this feature and compare with others)
* Accelerometer (Consider this feature and compare with others)
* Digital compass (Consider this feature and compare with others)
* Light sensor
* Proximity sensor
* 116mm / 56.5 mm / 11.8mm
* 130g
* 4 hours talktime (lol) 1250 MAh
* 9 days standby (lol)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ same processor in Optimus One doesn't cross 850Mhz. how can it reach 1ghz?

HTC Incredible S review- engadget.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
so according to u I should not buy Arc,neo and streak and u peope say that incredible s is better than desire HD so now only 2 options are left i.e. iphone 4 and incredible s.
Please don't tell me to wait for iphone 5 as it will come in july and i have to wait a long time for that(is it worth to wait for such a long time for it?)
So now please give me the final verdict,which one I should buy iphone 4 or incredible s as there is a lot of price difference in both.incredible s will cost me 26K approx and iphone 4 32K approx(which one is worth more)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The Neo/Arc is certainly not overpriced. If anything the Incredible S is. Crappy cam, crappy screen and Android 2.2 in Incredible S, the undersides of which are all looked into by Both the SE models. Exmor R, Bravia display and the same processor in both the models makes it a better deal than anything on the market. Also SE is launching Qriocity which provides unlimited music downloads for a penny.

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
I m getting very much confused guys....
SE neo will not be available before mid of May and I m dropping the idea of buying Arc n streak n u people say that Incredible S is better than Desire HD(even I think the same).And if I want the iphone 4 then I need to wait for a month atleast to get it from somebody who is going or coming from Singapore/HK/Canda.
So I m only left with Incredible S which I will buy in 1st week of April now as currently it is not available in the market.
One more option which is also coming in ma mind is that I should wait for iphone 5 but as we all know everyday a new handset comes in the market.So I don't think it is worth waiting for it,what do u think guys is it really worth waiting for it for such a long?
According to me Incredible S is the best phone for me right now.
Now what do u say,which one should I buy iphone 4(I have to wait for it a little bit) or Incredible S.

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Iphone -4 is a waste of money....even if you manage to unlock it....u wont be able to upgrade to a newer version of OS as it will again lock the phone....also the new release of I -OS has not been unlocked so far(not sure)....

I suggest go for Incredible S or either wait for some time S-2/S-2 mini....m not sure when will they be available...

@NainO
Yes maybe i was to general in my comments....this was so as not to point though...
@Android fan
i agree....and same here ....i am guessing you might be having a device which you bought for it's usage to you... maybe a galaxy3/O1 or maybe a wildfire even

From the OP i got the idea that the person is interested in buying new toys....maybe not...
If he was looking to get a device which will support his usage/lifestyle then maybe the ques/post would have been different....
Altohugh i know we are here to ans what is asked but i think i am right i doing this.....as there is no following of rules these days (refer end of msg)

With asking which devices ..there is no mention of other details even requirements...
"Now guys please suggest me which one should I buy and why"
without any req how can one suggest,still our experts have suggested..well who gives a damn...

No mention of h/w software req ...any previous OS's or smartphones used etc.....So i assume this guy is not into tech but just want for the heck of it coz he has some extra cash to burn
"Seriously i APPLE IPHONE4"..
now one will say it is a great device blah blah blah...but look at the price point...also no warranty in india...it is not meant for india wlse it would have been available here...
One will agree a superb phone for 60k is no good as it is not a real world option....i think same is the case for Iphone4 in india.....but yes people still buy it.....

Also many are talking about buying high end smartphones....let me tell you points to note
On the h/w front:
.3g has just arrived into india....just launched by private players that is(which comes to be 10p/10kb i.e 10k for 1gb get it....)..
BSNL plans are the cheapest many are using since last year i know ....

..these phones are made for heavy data usage market where speeds touch 7.2mb to 20mbps(3.5g verizon) ..not for indian networks...

On the s/w front:
.iOS was not meant for india......indian consumers were not kept in mind before creating any apps or features.....all apss are based for US market....

..Android ...till few months back one was not able to download paid apps from market let alone sell some indian apps.....

..Wiin7 ...a smartphone which does not have copy paste come on...no zune pass/xbox live etc

NOW why does one get a smartphone if one cannot use the features simple ....follow the trend and that is what @OP post is displaying....
Just becoz someone in US reviews it other buy it...not neccessary we need it here...

Also one does not need these high speed's in india as most users don;t use mobiles for heavy downloads.....except the 1% who know and use tethering on their phones ....that is my point and i rest my case....

HOPE OP gets it.....buy what u really need..post requirements...then get suggestions about which range,models...here in this forum it is other way round...you could get better advice ....here i said it
as "(as I don't like LG,samsung or nokia phones)" sounds NOOB

FORUM STICKY-by DESIBOND

1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
4. Preferred choice of brand?
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
12. Any other info that you want to share

From where do you get so much time for writing such huge comments...just kidding:)

Well in short you are asking OP to spend on a phone which is worth the cost as it will tend to phase out due to newer technology....I completely agree to that but that is something which is not in our hands as technology will continue to grow and you can't just stick to one thing for long...

For example...look at me ...I was waiting for Nexus-S for so long but then now so many phones have been launched which are actually much better than Nexus-S...Then i thought of getting Desire,then SGS,then Desire-HD...etc and so on...and now they are abt to launch S-2 ans S-2 mini....:x...so my point is technology will continue growing so will our needs....I hope I am not hurting anyone's feeling here...:)

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Iphone -4 is a waste of money....even if you manage to unlock it....u wont be able to upgrade to a newer version of OS as it will again lock the phone....also the new release of I -OS has not been unlocked so far(not sure)....

Hey I m talking about purchasing an unlocked version from singapore,canada,Hong kong for approx 32k
I m not going to buy a locked phone.
So now what do u want to say?

abhidev

Human Spambot
Hey I m talking about purchasing an unlocked version from singapore,canada,Hong kong for approx 32k

Dude...if you buy I-Phone... are you never going to update the OS or the firmware of the phone??? If no, then go ahead....else its gonna be a pain in your a$$....coz it will get locked again after an update...unless you know how to unlock it again you are good to go...but IMO i wouldn't buy I-phone...just a personal choice;-)

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
@abhidev

Bro if we buy a factory unlocked version then we don't need to unlock it and we can update the OS anytime very easily...
In countries like singapore,canada,Hong kong,UK it is sold unlocked only(factory uncloked,it is never locked to a network,officially unlocked by apple only)

vishurocks

Journeyman
Neo and arc both are good phones. And they have edge over incredible s. Just told u 2 wait 4 some time after they launches. Coz u could get it at a lesser price

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Dude...if you buy I-Phone... are you never going to update the OS or the firmware of the phone??? If no, then go ahead....else its gonna be a pain in your a$$....coz it will get locked again after an update...unless you know how to unlock it again you are good to go...but IMO i wouldn't buy I-phone...just a personal choice;-)

If you have any information about iphone how to unlock and upgrade it do you ?.So I suggest you please stay away,because you don't know anything its looking like you heard from some one conversation "iphone oh man don't buy, you know why if you upgrade to newer OS then you lost your unlocking and wait for a long until new unlocking will be release.Really thanks you save me:glass-surprise:".

@aroraanant Don't be panic,If you are purchasing factory unlocked there is no issue and if you manage to get software unlocked version which obviously its a cheaper but don't worry you can upgrade to new OS or firmware without losing any your unlocking before upgrading to newer FW you have to do few things.And please decide which handset you want don't lie on other choice because every person is different point of view.Same as like me i am using iphone because like it the app,screen, touch sensor and easy to use in my daily life and yes its expensive so what don't buy :huh?: billion of iphone 4 already sold this my second iphone 4 and I know how much and why I am paying for it.Ask some here "I give you choice to buy a phone iphone 4 and any other good android and decrease the the price of iphone then see the result.If you there is not lot of difference in price when you compare the product and company apple product always expensive because its worth and they charge premium its like monopoly (ex-Microsoft).So please its up-to you and if concern with price and your budget is limited then you have to decide.However you are king because customer is king:lol: its your money do what you want to do.I just only give you information and share my experience with you and your is looking very confused :boink:.I am not sure but I have a feeling you made your mind for iphone4 but some force are stopping you :fencing: am I right :rolleyes: cheers.

Last edited:
OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
@nightmare

Yes there was a time I made my mind for iphone 4 but currently none of friend is going or coming from Singapore or Canada or HK.So i m facing a lil problem in getting it coz I don't want to buy from any shops out as they can't be trusted and also they r selling it very costly,and if i want an iphone 4 then I have to wait for a month or so(by that time iphone 5 will also be out)
So then came in my mind Desire HD but as u see HTC has launched Incredible S which is better than Desire HD.So I m trying to make my mind for that tough I can get an unlocked version of Dell Streak for only US$400 but now I m not interested in Streak.
So just a lil confused that whether I should buy Incredible S or should wait for iphone 4.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
ya saw in a forum dealer are selling at this rate mention below.

Apple iPhone 4 -

16GB Factory Unlocked W/O box (all accessories) - 36000/-
16GB Factory Unlocked Sealed - 37590/-

32GB Factory Unlocked W/O box (all accessories) - 40500/-
32GB Factory Unlocked Sealed - 41990/-

Then go for Incredible S it not worth waiting for iphone4 or you can buy from ebay HK or why not try some good mobile shop in Delhi or Bombay.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Yes, a factory unlocked iPhone can by upgraded easily without fear of locking.

BUT, you won't be able to jailbreak.

No more Cydia... No SBS Settings... just think about it... no jailbreak possible even on a factory unlocked device.

Top Bottom