HTC Desire HD for 13k

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi,

I'm getting a 4 month old HTC Desire HD for 13k. Is it a good deal?

The seller told that it has both GSM and WCDMA, so it can be used in India also. Can I use this in India?

He is providing the device with full original accessories - 2x batteries, charger, earbuds and a nice protective case and unused and 8 months of warranty left.

Please give your opinion guys. I need to confirm and close the deal this weekend.

Guys reply fast...

andro

Broken In
WCDMA means 3G service not CDMA.It will not work on CDMA networks.
Though the offer is good.

red dragon

Master troll
It may be a good deal but the phone is not good at all.
Ultra pathetic battery life,very poor audio quality.

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
The battery life is not that bad. I am running my phone on Revolution HD 6.1.1 ROM and I get almost a complete day of usage on each full charge.
Did not notice anything bad the audio quality.

One great thing I liked about it is that this is super fast. UI transitions and animations are super smooth with no visible lag.

red dragon

Master troll
Compare it with the original GalaxyS,and you will know what I am talking about.

Anyways,you have already bought it,so enjoy!Just buy a couple of extended batteries,for 13k,it was not a bad deal after all.

andro

Broken In
^^HTC are far better than samsung in terms of build quality and software(read:sense).Regarding battery life using customs roms gives an average single day backup which is almost same for any android phone if used normally.Though sound quality is definitely better in sammy.....but now Dr.beats is coming to cure:-D:)):grin:

red dragon

Master troll
^^Do you even know what exactly is Beats audio?BTW It is Dr.Dre,not Dr.beats.

Android does not need to hide under the Sense U.I,with winmo6.5 sense was a necessity,not anymore.It is basically of no use once you get over the initial excitement of those fancy flowing transition effects.

Agreed,htc makes well built phones and they feel waay better than those brittle looking Sammies.
But it is ONLY THE FEEL,Samsung phones are equally well built and can take significant abuse and not to mention they weigh much lesser than those metal slabs from htc stable.
Do not even want to talk about custom ROMs with you;-):wink:

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^HTC are far better than samsung

:+1: :doublethumb:

The audio quality not bad at all (it is neither very-very good and is not good as in the other phones),its decent and quite good,and if one wants only good audio quality then why he/she is buying a smartphone :nanananana:
And do i need to mention that there is nothing comparable to HTC's Sense UI :p

Soumik

Padawan
ok.. firstly.. if the device is in good health.. then its a pretty good deal. OP should get it.. and an extra pair of batteries.
I am not sure if you guys are aware.. DHD has one of the worst battery life's u can imagine in a portable device. 3G lasts for a 3-4hrs probably max.

Now for the htc vs sammy thing...
Personally... i dont like heavy phones... But i dnt like the plastic feel of samsung either. its a case of choosing your poison between these 2. Note that both are equally sturdy and can take good amount of abuse.
For sound quality, SGS had special audio hardware and driver installed, hence the superior quality. Normal Sammy is pretty okaish. Its still better than HTC though. But with Dr. Dre, things are looking bright... but i am not aware if there is any actual performance tests done on it. Am sure it will be better than the normal sammy brigade.
On software side... true Sense is the best stock UI mod on android till now. But it gets pretty boring after sometime. I like change... and hence, after market launchers are best for me, for non-rooted phones where u can change the looks whenever u want.

red dragon

Master troll
The battery life on dhd is a joke.
I had it for about a month,it barely lasts 4 hrs with 3g.
htc probably uses the worst possible DACs for their phones.The Beats audio thing is pure gimmick,it is just an eq with some hardware integration.I have not heard it,but going by the standard of the Beats headphones(which I have used extensively)there is very little hope for better sound.
Anyone who is using a htc for more than 6 months would agree that
ANDROID DOES NOT NEED THE SENSE U.I.
It is definitely better than tw or motoblur crap,but not really needed.

andro

Broken In
^^^dude that Dr.beats thing was a sense of expression regarding the audio quality and to your knowledge I very well know what beats audio is.I know its a gimmick but atleast it have the HW quality to look good unlike plasticky samsung phones.
And regarding my knowledge of custom roms I'm currently owing a HTC Desire which is S-Off,rooted with partitioned sd-ext to make 1.5 gb internal memory,an HTC HD2 running WP7 mango and dual boot Android from sd card and a jailbroken semi-tethered Iphone 3gs with iOS5, and been running Windows Mobile(not phone),in specific I-mate Jam from as early as year 2004 with customs roms which required HSPL to run.So its better you did not judge my knowledge with your opinion.Hope I am clear with this,I appreciate that you give ur views but dont point a finger at anyone when you are not aware about that particular person.

And regarding the need the need for Sense UI,its not only the look and feel but also the functionality of it.Just compare the E-mail application of gmail and hotmail natives with that of htc sense and you will know the differences and the calendar is far-far ahead of the stock calendar(these are just few examples).And if Android does not require any skin why is there Touch-wiz on every samsung phone except the nexus's???

And if u are saying all this after using and HTC,then you need to learn using hTC'es...they are like JEEPS,you dont buy them,you built them(in this case tinkering with software).

red dragon

Master troll
I never really doubted your knowledge about cutom roms,actually not even interested.
Sense is as useless as Touch Wiz.Many good email clients are available for free in the android market.
Just one question,do you really know what is meant by HW in a phone?
There is nothing called Dr.Beats Audio.
Enlighten me about beats audio,I am dying to know bout it.
I loved the way you boasted your knowledge about custom thingies.
BTW,you have a tethered jailbreak,not a semi jailbreak.
You really scared me with the hspl too.
Just FYI,I sold my hd2 a year ago and it had android,those initial ports of winmo7,ubuntu and windows98.
But seriously I am scared of your knowledge!!

Last edited:

andro

Broken In
"have the H(ard)W(are) quality to look good"...what I mean here is that they are atleast good looking... try to understand what I mean to say and bro that beats things is sarcasm.:huh?:...I wrote dr.beats intentionally regarding the cure of sound quality in HTC...atleast now you get it.

red dragon

Master troll
The only cure of sound quality will be a good DAC,no amount of e.quing will bring out good sound if the DAC is crappy.

andro

Broken In
See it was not to boost my knowledge regarding rom's or other things,it's you only who started it with this comment of your's.."Do not even want to talk about custom ROMs with you"..It's just to tell you that you are not the only person here with all the knowledge,others also posses it and from the very same source,where you have got it.No one here is a born developer,we always learn things from time to time.

And now for the last time...it is a SEMI-TETHERED(and I have written this only not semi jailbroken as you have stated) and to verify it check this link Jailbreak iOS 5 Semi Untethered Using SemiTether On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch | Redmond Pie or google it.

And finally peace,everyone has their own knowledge so it's better to share it rather than argue over it.

red dragon

Master troll
Sorry,if you are hurt.Did not mean to do that,my sincere apologies,and you are bang on about the semi-tethered jailbreak!!

Top Bottom