HTC Desire HD for 13k

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Phew...Stop the fight guys :)

Gotta agree with andro regarding the Sense UI. It is not just the launcher that has changed. You got to use the phone and experience it yourself. I have used both Samsung and HTC Android phones before. IMHO, HTC is the only company I know that has mastered Android UI framework. Samsung, LG and Motorola suck in this department.

One might argue that you can always customize the phone with apps from the market. But do you really want to pay such big bucks and settle for some crap looking UI?

daksh

Journeyman
Oh come on . Sammy is way WAY better than HTC. Try using HTC for a while and you will know how things stop working . Faulty motherboards , lava like screens, Camera stops working and what not .

Regarding sense , it is such a memory extensive launcher that it seriously slows down the phone considerably . Launcherpro gives you those widgets and it is much lighter .

Sammy might feel cheap but they are well built and wont give away in a year like HTC's do .

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
daksh: I have used HTC phones for more than 2 years. Never had any problems.
On the other hand I have seen people report non-stop about the build issues on S2 (yellowish screen, dead pixel, and so on).

Folks in Europe still prefer HTC over Samsung since they consider Sammy products to be of bad quality (read as cheap).

aroraanant

Explorer
@daksh-I have used a HTC windows phone for around almost 2yrs and now I m using HTC Incredible S and have also used almost every android phone of HTC and I haven't found any problem or issues in HTC products....
This is the reason Americans consider HTC over Samsung :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Oh come on . Sammy is way WAY better than HTC. Try using HTC for a while and you will know how things stop working . Faulty motherboards , lava like screens, Camera stops working and what not .

Regarding sense , it is such a memory extensive launcher that it seriously slows down the phone considerably . Launcherpro gives you those widgets and it is much lighter .

Sammy might feel cheap but they are well built and wont give away in a year like HTC's do .

you sound more like a fanboy :-|

yes, HTC have a few problems: high price, bad battery, camera never upto the mark, sound not upto the mark, SenseUI is heavy but i haven't heard complains that certain parts stopped working.

but Samsung (like most manufacturers) is really late at offering updates, 1 update & they are done, feels plastic (lowend mobiles).

but 1 point i have to highlight is HTC new bootloader policy. locking bootloader and you need to sign some page to get it unlocked (& voiding warranty that way). other than that, HTC is on par with Sammy.

red dragon

Master troll
So according to you guys Samsung is less preferred than htc both in Europe and USA,but somehow they manage to sell more smartphones than anyone else!!

daksh

Journeyman
LOL that is why Samsung is the largest phone manufacturer in the world and that is why s2 is the most sold smartphone .

All HTC experiences ive written are all of whom ive seen or some friend has experienced . Camera not working happened with my dad . My friend had to get his Desire S get replaced twice .This scares me.

Samsung not providing timely updates ? Galaxy S and HTC Desire came out at almost same times but S got GB much sooner than Desire and Desire also had to compromise on certain features in order to accommodate GB .

Top Bottom