How many of YOU guys can COOK?

Can you cook?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
why nobody prefer non-veg here? :confused:
I dont like Tandoors.always spicy south indian non-veg.
while I was studying in Coimbatore,TN there we can get very good non-veg items though very costly in hotels.there is this chettinadu items.Hyderabad biriyani(much better than malabar biriyani),also andhra meals is very tasty and very hot (yeah,Achaar's) :)

We eat Chicken,mutton and beef. beef is very popular but I dont like it! :D

Do you know that except Malayalees,most south indians I have seen prefer vegetarian diet? :)

oh wait!it is supposed to be a who know cooking thread? :D continue pls ;)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
do u need a photo?

and traditionally it was made on coconut shells [the inner hard shell] or [cheratta]
Ya, it will be most helpful. Thanks bro, you have been very helpful :)
Even though you have described it, I am still not able to visualize it.

praka123

left this forum longback
why nobody prefer non-veg here? :confused:
I dont like Tandoors.always spicy south indian non-veg.
while I was studying in Coimbatore,TN there we can get very good non-veg items though very costly in hotels.there is this chettinadu items.Hyderabad biriyani(much better than malabar biriyani),also andhra meals is very tasty and very hot (yeah,Achaar's) :)

We eat Chicken,mutton and beef. beef is very popular but I dont like it! :D

Do you know that except Malayalees,most south indians I have seen prefer vegetarian diet? :)

oh wait!it is supposed to be a who know cooking thread? :D continue pls ;)

Puttu,Kadala

*bp3.blogger.com/_6HcYnC_L3Es/SAbnyQwOAAI/AAAAAAAABg0/yQGvWkHdoWA/s320/DSCF3637.JPG

din

Tribal Boy
@dOm1naTOr

Three types of puttu are there

1. Chiratta Puttu (coconut shell one)

2. Kuzha puttu (bamboo one)

3. Nool puttu (this is fake puttu :D, not related to puttu at all, just the name similar, this is like noodles, some people call it Idiyappam too)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
@dOm1naTOr

Three types of puttu are there

1. Chiratta Puttu (coconut shell one)

2. Kuzha puttu (bamboo one)

3. Nool puttu (this is fake puttu :D, not related to puttu at all, just the name similar, this is like noodles, some people call it Idiyappam too)
Din,

I think what Praka has posted is Chiratta puttu.(or is osmething totally different? Beef? Mutton?)

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, that is chiratta puttu. The rice used may be different, thats the dark color. I think for chiratta puttu, we use boiled rice (or whatever it is called lol, dark color one) and for bamboo one - white rice.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@rohan
here are some pics
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/6098/1003573lm2.th.jpg
*img164.imageshack.us/img164/681/1003575wu7.th.jpg
*img45.imageshack.us/img45/4203/1003576sb1.th.jpg

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
yup, i had to climb up to take the utensil from the kitchen room birth. :)

nd its not so big. Just over a foot long including the bottom tank.

johny rico

i hack.. sometimes
Cooking is pretty simple!!! it's eating it that's difficult :D i can cook sambar,dosa,and lots of different sweets :) i tried making soup noodles but noodles dissolved in the soup :confused: had to drink the noodles then

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
always make sure that its someone else who wud eat it. If he somehow liked it, then make him ur favorite tester:D

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Great thread! I wanted to create this, but something was holding me back. Never mind. Well, I can cook the very basic stuff. I can prepare tea, coffee,etc. Can make good omlletes :D Can prepare rice but my chapatis always come out a bit hard. Just started with chapatis :) I want to learn to cool non-veg, but I just can't bear to touch the meat :( I love eating chicken :D

Please post cooking tips as well. We can share a lot of things and we can show that we are not (only) nerds :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ add little bit of oil along with water (2 for 10 chapatis) while making chapati roll out of wheat flour.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
And its not usually takes with milk.
Puttu nd kadala curry is much famous nd puttu + banana[small ones like Palayankodan] too is gud.

We had a keralite neighbour..and they used to cook in banana leaves..and taken wid milk and sugar. It tastes really good.

what is kadal curry btw and how to make it?

goobimama

 Macboy
I can make chapatis (I have to make for my brothers when folks are gone out), the usual rice-dal-fried fish-vegetables, french fries, and a couple of chicken dishes. Nothing special, but I can survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom