How many of YOU guys can COOK?

Can you cook?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
My mom left to office, and asked me to make myself roast potatoes for the chapathis, so I was wondering how many of you people can cook, since this is a almost male dominant forum. Please vote in the poll, and dont post dumb stuff like "i can cook" "i cant" since thats what you answer in the poll. Post why/why not. And if you can, what can you?

INSTANT FOODS LIKE MAGGI EXCLUDED!!!!!!

That goes for you pathik. :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I cook to an extent that I take lunch box everyday to office, can cook veg, nonveg, chinese (noodles, fried rice etc), pickles.

My best dish to date is Paneer Makhani.

one damn good site for andhra foods: sailusfood.com

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Hehe, nice topic, I already smell the aroma :D

I can cook, not much fancy, but I can get by the everyday daal-chawal routine, though I eat non-veg too, but never tried cooking it, yet to come to terms with cutting meat. I also love soups :)

I can't do roti/paratha things, rice and the varieties are my comfort zone.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^hahaha. all you need is one stay away from home and bad hotels in your locality. inside a month you will master cooking :)

d00d, if women can work, then men can c00k. There is nothing special about being able to c00k.
I have been c00king since the past five years and I have experienced no problems at all. Its riddiculously easy, easier than even linux.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
d00d, if women can work, then men can c00k. There is nothing special about being able to c00k.
I have been c00king since the past five years and I have experienced no problems at all. Its riddiculously easy, easier than even linux.

does this mean that using linux is easY?? :)

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
Cooking is fairly a simple deal , its not any thing big .I started of at my teens Now can cook almost any type of non-veg food (special) and Now trying specialization in south indian food since been its my favorite . I tried first to cook food when was 8 yrs old ,unfortunately that was a failed attempt .and the food is cooked on weekends .and if my my future wife runs away I don't have to worry about food ..So guys learn it

Now cook list
Bengali
Punjabi
South Indian (under learning process ) ,

praka123

left this forum longback
I can make tea,coffee for sure.I have tried Dosa and Appam which is kinda OK(but I dont prefer cooking).
I can make rice(since rice is our primary food).
nonveg items =not specialized in.but specialized in eating.

I tried one chat item successfully.it is "paav bhaji" -I really liked it.but it is not at all available in my town.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I tried one chat item successfully.it is "paav bhaji" -I really liked it.but it is not at all available in my town.

Where do you stay? Udipi? There is a famous restaurant called 'Apsara' in Udipi. I think there you can get pav bhaaji!:p

praka123

left this forum longback
^oh!? kerala 40kms northeast of Kochin. :D udupi is 500kms north :D
well,with more NI immigrants,now there are few chat shops opening here,but I dont prefer eating in unhygenic shops ;)

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
I don't seem to know what category I fall into... Maybe its I can cook but my menu is very limited. I can make excellent paneer masala, mutter-paneer, chicken biryani, roast chicken masala, etc. and some other odd dishes. :D

I also experiment with food, and I made some good stuff. Like once I tried to make some chicken dish, just improvised with spices and marinated the pieces in yogurt. It turned out to be mindblowing (so much for modesty). :p

@Metalhead, I'm not being a male chauvinistic pig, but I read it somewhere once that the best chefs in the world are men. :rolleyes:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
being a keralite, i can do some south Indian ones like Sambar, idli, doosa, uppumaav[wat to call it in english???ahh got it: saltmangotree!!!!]:)
nd im a veg, so dun need to learn ny non veg. Also makes coffee, tea etc
caution: I cook only when im starving :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom