Has the Digit magazine lost its charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juggler

In the zone
Re: Has Digit lost its charm?

Digit is now slowly becoming boring. There are no software reviews and even the hardware review are not so convincing.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !

pathiks said:
I stopped buying computer magazines about a year back. The Internet is enuf for me.
same here Stopped buying after 2004 .

Even now when i check out Digit n others in My Library , i already have had read 99% of te news posted in the mag .

Also , the mags r becoming less n less technical with each passing issue .

there's not much difference between gadget magazines like T3 n Digit now , which was not the case and it was a niche magazine when it was launched .

What i think is that more and more people need Magazines like MSDN Mag or Dr Dobb's Journal , n other technical magazines which target a specific audience and are heavily technical .

praka123

left this forum longback

forum is chaloo bcoz of the famous OS wars :))

i think digit contents are good the last time i bought it got articles reg Linux too.
yeah,the review of h/w s/w section may be some low.i was happy with Linux content :)

reddragon

In the zone

look you have to look outer world also .

I started buying digit from 2001 . That Time one of my reason was " It provide 2 cds with the book and those 2 CD contains all the necessary softwares." So because of getting softwares I bought my first digit .

Today things have changed . You all know what software digit provide are either freeware or shareware , and you can download all those almost instantly by your broadband internet .

This is one of the vital point for me atlest not to buy Digit.because today internet is not scarcity . and you can read all that is in digit if you search thoroughly the internet with the help of a simple tool known as google.com

So , what I mean to say is that today digit provide very less compared to the same of 2001.

Another important reason is that price is 125 . few years ago , at a railway station I was buying digit from wheelar's shop . I gave 100. he showed 125 is the price. I was 'stunned' . I was in a hurry. I saw digit's contender CHIP is hanging with a price tag of Rs100. So I bought CHIP for the 1st time , and loved the articles . Yes chip is less glamourous than digit but its information providing capacity is better than digit .

Anindya

In the zone

I am sure the bosses r following the thread very closely. Lets see what happens. We r all ready to buy digit provided it is more technical.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

^^ bosses??

comeon .. to say the truth only mods are here .. admins rarely come here...
even i had to report a thread twice to get it moved.....

anway ... if they r watching .. then they wil see this post of mine ..

this is wht i have to say..

SHOW UR BEST AT DEC ISSUE... COZ I AM GONA BUY IT ...

IF ITS NOT WORTH .... I WONT BUY DIGIT FOREVER !!!!

this is not just me .. there are thousand of others with the same attitude..

125/month... this is india.. they will think 100 times b4 getting the mag...

we know u have stuff...
Strip off ur "AD" dress and wear the tech TUXEDO !!!!

Last edited:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...

IMO, there is nothing to complain about Digit if it will be low on ADs !!!

And, Digit is giving "something" to them, who don't have Internet Access.
Still, if any of my friend ask for a s/w, I give him any Digit DVD which probably have "General use softwares".

And, yeh.. Myself too not subscriber of any mag. Mostly I check the contents and buy. Many of the times Linux4U serves purpose for me. Even college also buy Linux4u. Not Digit !! :(

But...[SIZE=+2]Digit Forum ROCKS !@! [/SIZE] :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Yeh Mag has lost the charm.
But this forum Rocksssssssssssssssss.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=

Well I have to agree that Digit has indeed hit a roadblock, but i'm sure that it is definetly still worthwhile. I buy computer magazines only to read when I cannot reach my comp ;)

After I get an iPhone, iPhone+3G internet should allow me to get my tech fix anywhere anytime.

Pathik

Google Bot

ring_wraith said:
Well I have to agree that Digit has indeed hit a roadblock, but i'm sure that it is definetly still worthwhile. I buy computer magazines only to read when I cannot reach my comp ;)

After I get an iPhone, iPhone+3G internet should allow me to get my tech fix anywhere anytime.
How are u using 3G with iPhone??

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

The only one reason I buy the magazine is cause I dont have broadband lol. Once I get that I hardly see myself buying the magazine based on its current contents. Not to mention the magazine is never on time . Especially in Kerala. I usually get a copy by the 15 th :/ .

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!

^but it is in newstands on 1st day itself here in mvpa

You get your copy on the first week in MVPA?!?!?! I travel alot and Ive tried Changanacherry, Tiruvalla and Kottayam and all of them seem to only have it around the 15th. I have received it once or twice by the 1oth but I always considered those as miracles lol. Maybe the book stores are being slackers then .

praka123

left this forum longback

i cannot claim it always is available on 1st of every month.but sure on 3rd or 4th or 5th day of month it is here.also is chip,pcquest and other compu mags except Linux For You which reaches here on 12th or late and those few copies finishes in a day :p

^i think sub-distributors are delaying reg kottayam.afaik pai& company is the wholesaler for magazines,publications.they may be delaying.these all compu magazines are shipped from IBH(india book house,madras branch) most prolly.afaik IBH are correct in their delivary. :)
^these all Gyan i gained is by lurking in Ernakulam to find LFY :D

Rockstar11

Technomancer

VideoEditingIndia said:
Not only Digit, I stopped even buying Chip & PC World.

same here Stopped buying digit and chip.
but digit forum rocks aap sab ki dua se :D

DDIF

Custom User Title

I will not say anything about ads as they need it to earn some good money but what about contents?
Just hardware test! Who the fool will buy new MoBo and Processor every month! No useful software review, tips and tricks are just for audio or video editors or for office 2007. Same old contents on CD. DVD only got stuff for high end developers. Nothing that can make me buy it after Jan 2006.
After finding *www.techguy.org/ I'm leaving its forum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom