Not open for further replies.
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Re: Has Digit lost its charm?

I am deeply missing the Security software benchmarks. I expect Digit to return it in the future issues. I also expect a tutorial on programming or Flash. In this way, the mags educational quotient will increase, and it will become a favourite with newbies and schools/colleges.

HELLO??You guys at Digit, Can you hear me???

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !

125 rs every month is too much for me....
Common Man...this is india..not US...how many among us can spend 125 rs every month for just a magazine ?????????

Yes...Just a magazine...thats what it is now....It used to be my Technology Navigator..but now..Its not..!!

Look at the articles...look at the A list...Its only PC Gaming and PC gaming you will find...Every two months you can find new graphics card review and nothing else

Seriously ...Are pcs just for gaming ??? Or just building HTPC rigs for watching HD cinemas on 22inch LCD ?????? Tell me guys...? This Digit Guys seem to over emphasize on the entertainment value of PCs other than everything else..Thts a very sad thing if you ask me

Although everytime they shout about the increasing prices of printing media etc..but seriously tell me do u find it justified to price a mag of 125 pages (out of which 50 pages are just ads ) with a dual layer dvd to be 125 ?????

I loved digit..I still love it...but surely it has lost its charm quite a bit..:neutral:

praka123

left this forum longback

well said spitfire! not all are watching HD movies and not all are gamers!
to regain the lost charm digit must have a Linux/OSS section every month with some cool tips and tricks,the explanation of terminal,configuring bluetooth,different distros-their package management etc.I really liked ur october edition :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

^I second your suggestion of having a OSS section & cool tips for linux.

rajasekharan

Youngling

i have not bought it for two months now . . if the next issue is following the same lines . . i wont buy . :-l

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !

praka123 said:
well said spitfire! not all are watching HD movies and not all are gamers!
to regain the lost charm digit must have a Linux/OSS section every month with some cool tips and tricks,the explanation of terminal,configuring bluetooth,different distros-their package management etc.I really liked ur october edition :)

See ....I understand that they have to please everybody...and that includes people that like games and hd movies too..and I have absolutely no problem about including graphic card reviews and hd movies in dvds..
but the problem starts when you see that this entertainment stuffs are shadowing everything else...

Tell me guys..whwn was the last time digit carried a good linux tutorial ????
I am not talking about occassional distro installation guides..I am talking about general troubleshooting and educational guides covering various aspects of linux..

Basically my point is..if you guys have to please everybody..then please everybody equally...not just the gamers or the movie buffs..

After all ,at the end of the day..its my hard earned money..

praka123

left this forum longback

may be digit lacks linux proffessionals.i think mehulved can write articles reg linux/FOSS and he is located in Bombay! :p

runeet

Broken In

Too pricy man for a 150-200 pg magazine & the content for every month is not that good. like some months it may have excellent content, the remainder just a waste of money. Had this experiance when I subscribed to it 2 yrs back. didnt renew it, just a waste of money.

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!

I was once a very avid reader of digit and was a subscriber for two years but since last year the issue content had been degrading. Other than a single article there wasnt ne good stuff in it and the discs too lacked any thing good xcept for heavy game demos or some old movies. So I didnt renewed

my subscription when it ended and got a BSNL H500 plan instead.
Now i can get all the demos and softwares of my need plus there are tons of articles which can get me the required info. Though i confess that i look into each months contents in hope of an improvement, though havent bought ne till date but willing to buy the december one since it contains the past issues as well.

It also reminds me that once i mailed the editor regarding some suggestions and pointed out the fact digit back then no longer resembled a tech mag and more like a lifestyle mag. And he promptly replied back that indeed digit wants to become a lifestyle mag so as to appeal to more people. This seems to the last straw and serious readers looking for quality content will indeed be disappointed.

this month digit is not that gud.
i liked only the OCing guide in the whole mag.
in oct it was gud but this month...........grrrr

S

Seedrick

indeed it has lost its charm, i've stopped reading it.

ThinkFree

Technomancer

Definitely, it has. The no. of ads is being increased and the no. of pages is reducing significantly. The quality of paper and discs have also degraded.

pratik03

Journeyman

I think digit should start publishing dvd/cd less version at reduced price just like EFY.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़

I think digit should start publishing dvd/cd less version at reduced price just like EFY.
That won't help much to reduce the price, because they have to spend only a fraction of what we pay for getting the blank DVD's and burning data to them. Since they provide freeware, shareware demo, open-source, they don't have to pay the licensing fees for distributing them. MOreover, CD/DVD's help them in free publicity ;)

ancientrites

In the zone

bump again,i have no problem paying rs 125 pm as i work here in dubai.i get it monthly when ever ppl from india come here.surprising chip india is available here but the price is bit high.i would rather pay rs 125 than paying 40 dirhams for computer magazine.chip india and digit india are the 2 magazines i like a lot and somehow i get it.thanx to the visitors.Digit lot its charm i say "nope"

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

@ancientrites, tell me one thing that you think is charming in Digit. Is it the lustreless hardware reviews or the crap celebrity coverage in the last that you favour or the ocean of ads that you favour? Is there anything other than the cost that you feel charming. In other words, why spend on something like this?

Are you a techie at all? If you are, don't you want more informative and knowledgeable content? If you are not a techie and getting the mag just for the kicks (or whatever reason you feel fit, the DVDs, etc.) just go on with your life and ignore this thread altogether.

ancientrites

In the zone

dont hate me bro....product comparison,overclocking ,games,software reviews are really nice i also applause chip india.This month digit india magazine was boring nothing compelled me
i dont have anything to spend on other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom