Has the Digit magazine lost its charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Moderator Note: This thread is for magazine discussions only. For forum discussions, visit *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85042

I have been continuously noticing that Digit is becoming less of a Technology Magazine it used to be and is becoming more of a consumer magazine. If you compare the older June 2001 magazine to the latest mag, anyone can tell the difference. There has not been any major Software benchmark. Can anyone tell the last time there was an Anti-Virus benchmark, or for that matter any software benchmark at all? I appreciate the inclusion of Linux articles, but most of the pages are ads, benchmarks of hardware (Which is not wholly bad) and ads. Game reviews lack adequate screenshots. No articles on programming (Awaiting the FastTrack to C/C++ programming).

I feel Digit is losing its charm it used to have once.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Re: Has Digit lost its charm?

I hope Digit does something worthwhile, or I feel like terminating my subscription.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

This is one reason I never subscribe to any magazine. I just go the stall check out the content of Mag / DVDs and buy which is best for me at that point. Sometimes it did happen that I didnt bought any Mag as all were having same quality[Low?] stuff.

Linuxforyou is a very good choice in case you want a pure linux thing. There is always a Distro DVD and all contents are full with Tux stuff mainly. [Not advertising it but just voicing my opinion]

and Yes I really use to love digit back days but dont find it that much worth as it was like few years back.

Anindya

In the zone

Even i stopped buying this mag from Feb`07 after buying it four previous 4 years. The reason is exactly the same consumer mag it has turned out to be over the time. And then today i saw in the newspaper(TOI Kolkata) that it is up for sale Jasubhai Media is expecting Rs40-50Cr for it and there is no taker for it atleast till now. Lets see what happens after the changeover.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)

You guys are right. Digit has seriously lost its charm. I don't find anything really good nowadays. More ads, less content :(

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!

but it WAS a great mag when i was offline .

i always waited for each issue .
now all 'em help is 'veilable on net .
many offline readers will find it useful (and some big pockets also )

thecreativeboy

Journeyman

i also like to say the magazine lost its charm.i always went to the my college libraray and read all magazines.then only i buy the best one.for the last four months i didnt buy any magazine.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!

Ya i have also stopped buying digit magazine because of this only the earlier fast track were a little good but now worthless i liked the one of the google but now it is all rubbish even digit price is higher then the other mag

and digit has got less content then chip and other

but i can say that there dvd rocks

Pathik

Google Bot

I stopped buying computer magazines about a year back. The Internet is enuf for me.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Well, with restrictions on fights & me not here much now, Digit forum has sure lost its charm :D

Magzine is fine though,

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

pathiks said:
I stopped buying computer magazines about a year back. The Internet is enuf for me.

I would agree with that, as i too have done the same, after being a longtime subscriber of Digit.

hullap

Cyborg Agent

Right i'm recieving my mag on the 20th of each month and i'm gonna leave it

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

At this point i want to say something i hate heard.
One of friend is doing networking course...in some college.
There in their lib,they used to get digit mag it seems..but off lately ,say 6 months before..they stopped the mag.when my friend enquired about the termination of the mag,librarian said that the mag doesnt have USEFULL STUFF...they are college,even they terminated.
I think its better to do some worthy articles instead of simply filling the pages with ADS.. I stopped simply coz i cant stand their ads..irritating. If they have stuff and put ads..its ok. .simply adding too many ads ,is not accepted.
Its all hard earned money guys...show some respect.
May be i will buy dec issue simply coz of 5 DVD's...
Atleast come up worthy at that time,may be after that i may start buying again MY DIGIT.
Guys yöü are the one who taught us everything..what happened to yöü.still we believe yöü.please show what REAL DIGIT IS IN DEC ISSUE...

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★

I LUV ADS>>> i watch ads more than cricket in the match...............Digit is fine for me as long as i m getting it free from office.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

pritish_kul2 said:
I LUV ADS>>> i watch ads more than cricket in the match...............Digit is fine for me as long as i m getting it free from office.
:rolleyes: theek toh ho na bhai :rolleyes:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़

gaurav_indian said:
:rolleyes: theek toh ho na bhai :rolleyes:
See, it really matters how creative ads are.
For eg, I will prefer paying my cable TV rent for watching creative, humorous, witty, insightful ads rather that watch saas-bahu serials and make my life hell.

Sometimes watching an ad is more entertaining than the actual program. Moreover, in ads, you don't have to worry about about missing any episodes or time-up during climax or suspense. A-Z entertainment in less than 3 mins....thats what ads are for.

And yes, not to be foolled by the ads :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint

I guess they are trying to accommodate all levels of users. If you want something technical try Linux4U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom