Has the Digit magazine lost its charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than the mag i feel the forum to be more interesting
please reduce the paper quality we are ok with that but please increase the page count by adding more useful info and not just ads and nowadays it feels as if you guys are copying th reviews from the net modifying the numerical values and then presenting them in a tabular form.
The dvd and cd content quality also has degraded but the PRICE is increasing

t3chg33k

Broken In
I was a Digit subscriber from 2001 to 2006 and left it ever since because honestly it was not at all worth its price. Of course I have since never read or subscribed to any other Mag, because a 24x7 net connection allows me to view all the content I wish to, whenever I want and of course I can download all that I find relevant, instead of cluttering through useless stuff.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The Very Reason i NEVER subscribe to any magazine.
I love the feeling of having 150 bucks in the pocket and magazines vying for my interest!
The one with the best contents always wins..

prateekdwivedi1

The Game.
well seriously saying they do have to have ads too but allright digit did go down a bit in middle but now it's back on track with great bangs.hope it continues.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Digit for Advanced users,all other mag for basic users!
Absolutely right. Digit is now for advanced users only who know most(almost all) the things about computers and spend money only to see some useless articles(+ads) and not to gain knowledge.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Our school has subscribed to Digit, Living Digital and PC Quest.

I have recently subscribed to Digit. The mag rox. I also buy Chip from time to time. I love this forum more than the mag itself.

PCQuest sux big time. Its the worst mag ever.

I agree that PCWorld is good but Digit pwns it all the way.

All the LivingDigital losers get lost from this forum.

Regarding Chip vs Digit, well sometimes Chip is better and other time Digit is better.

PS --> What happened to Skoar ?

lol, look at the first page........ mods saying the forum has lost its charm...... lol :lol:

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
PCQuest sux big time. Its the worst mag ever.
According to whom ? Just because some of the articles fail to reach you doesn't mean the mag is worthless. In fact I actually find it quite nice. By the way I don't buy the magazine for the CD/DVDs they include but rather the content.

I agree that PCWorld is good but Digit pwns it all the way.
All the LivingDigital losers get lost from this forum.

Oh why is that ? Who exactly put you in charge of deciding the eligibility of users on this forum ? No offense but posts like the above just show you are probably a another 14 year old who flunked an exam and is ranting his frustrations. If you aren't then you just made yourself look plain silly by posting the above.

PS --> What happened to Skoar ?
Yeah , if you didn't know Skoar distributes pirated copies of about gazillions of games. I wouldn't be amazed if they found their share of legal problems just for it.

Shloeb

In the zone
DIGIT magazine is becoming crappier day by day. I find CHIP more interesting these days. It has a lot better content in dvds and magazine. There reviews are latest too. This time they posted a review of 4870X2. I think DIGIT will post these reviews after 1-2 months. Moreover there articles like Internet Mafia were very interesting too.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Skoar provide games which are time-trial and expire.. Its legal afaik.. The guy is speaking bout skoar forum losing its charm.. And coming back to topic, indeed digit has lost its charm, i'm subscriber and will be recieving till next year.. M gonna stop after that.. And buy spl issues from shops.. Coz money isn't my problem, quality content is wat i need..

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
Moderator Note: This thread is for magazine discussions only. For forum discussions, visit *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85042

I have been continuously noticing that Digit is becoming less of a Technology Magazine it used to be and is becoming more of a consumer magazine. If you compare the older June 2001 magazine to the latest mag, anyone can tell the difference. There has not been any major Software benchmark. Can anyone tell the last time there was an Anti-Virus benchmark, or for that matter any software benchmark at all? I appreciate the inclusion of Linux articles, but most of the pages are ads, benchmarks of hardware (Which is not wholly bad) and ads. Game reviews lack adequate screenshots. No articles on programming (Awaiting the FastTrack to C/C++ programming).

I feel Digit is losing its charm it used to have once.
Yup I think so...Digit is losing its charm

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
According to whom ? Just because some of the articles fail to reach you doesn't mean the mag is worthless. In fact I actually find it quite nice. By the way I don't buy the magazine for the CD/DVDs they include but rather the content.

Oh why is that ? Who exactly put you in charge of deciding the eligibility of users on this forum ? No offense but posts like the above just show you are probably a another 14 year old who flunked an exam and is ranting his frustrations. If you aren't then you just made yourself look plain silly by posting the above.

Yeah , if you didn't know Skoar distributes pirated copies of about gazillions of games. I wouldn't be amazed if they found their share of legal problems just for it.

Actually I am 13 but I did not flunk an exam. But yus, I am drunk and a psychopathic maniac.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
This thread has been running for long. Digit is a good magazine, that's why I still subscribe. That does not mean others are bad ! Now instead of you lamers complaining about the quality of the articles write a few yourself. I am sure they will pay you if they are accepted. I saw an advertisement on the forums recently, for writers in various categories. Why don't you be positive and apply for one of those posts, I remember even seeing a freelance category. I came to India in 1994, and there is one thing I learnt fast - people love to complain, criticize and point fingers at others. I do know that this is a commercial publication, but then it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom