Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@Gigacore
I use MS basic USB mouse for CS clan matches.........it ws gud at the beginning, but now it sux....its buttons hav become hard and poor horizontal response .

sakumar79

Technomancer
If this thread is to be useful, people should not post only based on one-time experience... Even the best hardware product can develop faults in one in a million cases and you might have received the faulty item... So, IMHO, people should post based on multiple experiences (both personal, and heard from other owners)...

Also, the reason should be clear and not biased... For example, Dont say that the iPhone sucks if you have not used it and havent heard it from someone who has used it... While personally I would never buy iPhone, it doesnt mean that it is a bad product (it would be damn hard for it to be a bad product and still win acclaim from a lot of tech and non-tech mags)...

Similarly, I have used one Microtek UPS (for about 2 to 3 years) without problem, a couple of VIA motherboards (they may not be great performers, but they have decent price-performance ratio) and have used many Seagate drives (some for more than 10 years) without problems...

Most of the items I purchase generally are after lot of research, so cannot give any additional items from personal experience right now... If anything else comes to my mind, I will post it later...

Arun

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
+1 for sakumar79
but i pointed out via boards coz, u cant even thing a bit of gaming with it. Even the old 98 times game like CS 16 is crawling. But worx well for office use.

and im extremely satisfied with seagate HDDs. nd have seems many WDs gone cr@ppy within months.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I completely agree with the previous 2 posters. I have been a proud Seagate HDD user for about 6 years till now and I am also using Microtek 2 Battery 40 Minutes UPS for about a year now. I dont seem to have a problem.
iPhone, I might tend to disagree with respect to locking it to specific GSM Companies but the look rocks. :D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
HCL lappies
Reason : 1> Onboard spkrs r a bigtime letdown.
2>Heat produced is much more than similarly configured lappies from other vendors like HP,Lenovo etc.
3>Looks anf feels cheap.Personally i dont find the build quality upto the mark.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
so here are my reasons:
Seagate HDD : I purchased a seagate SATA II HDD and it has been replaced twice within 6 months, and dunno why but my other two HDDs including this one always heat up a lot (even when case is opened).

Intex UPS: No matter how many time I have replaced the batteries, the bugger seems to suck them dry within weeks.

MS Basic Optical Mouse: The pointer jumps a lot (tried rough and smooth moue pad too but in vain), contrary logitech mouse performs much better

hailgautam

Youngling
WD HDDs I have 3 crashed hdds with me, 1st one was in 2002, later i 2004 i bought another thinking i might have a one of bad lcuk, but that too crashed. later dad bought a hdd in 06 as he was not aware, that too crashed.

all my Western Digital HDDs crahed within 6-12 months. Samsung and Segate are working good for me. Specially Samsung, I am a big fan of it. Segate makes noise.

Liteon DVD RW, I got 1 replaced but the other one i am at loss, it would not read anything, but writes fast and good. Samsung is a tray supplier should avoid. LG runs ok for sometime may be a 9-12 months later does the lenses becomes week.

Epson printers: Supplies are difficult to get, unbranded cartridges does not work properly.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
so here are my reasons:
Seagate HDD : I purchased a seagate SATA II HDD and it has been replaced twice within 6 months, and dunno why but my other two HDDs including this one always heat up a lot (even when case is opened).

never had such probs with a Seagate hdd but hav already replaced 2 WD hdds.and the replaced hdds heat up a lot.

Intex UPS: No matter how many time I have replaced the batteries, the bugger seems to suck them dry within weeks.

havent used this product.

MS Basic Optical Mouse: The pointer jumps a lot (tried rough and smooth moue pad too but in vain), contrary logitech mouse performs much better

i've used MS mice (both wired and wireless) and never had any probs with them.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I has pointer jumping bug on Logitech optical mice. But now Logitech is bundling 1000dpi optical mice with the basic combo. It works fine, but the shape is not that comfortable.

MS too has upgraded the basic optical mouse with V2 and looks cool. But the button feel is same as the old ones. so it might get clumsy too on heavy use.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
i own two MS Basic mice.like it says-"basic" so it delivers great basic performance.its not meant for gaming
and WD hdds-i've got 4 -one is as old as WD in india-no issues.i own a seagate too-every seagate makes more noise and i already got it replaced.i don't wanna say that seagates are bad but all hdd forums say so.they only sell more than WD in india for no good reason.WD run cooler until u stack them together.and thats the case with every HDD. but i guess no one does that (except me) ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
guys , i think we should categorize things in the first page. . no one can read every page in this b4 buying something.. something like choto cheeta's thread where the first page is constantly updated is good to have. what do you guys say ? and plz add in your post whether you want this thread stickied .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
+1 make it sticky and update first page
even my pointer jumps sometimes with my MS basic mouse. I dont think that as a major let down
yeah its a major letdown when u cant get better at the same price (logitech)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Updated the list. Added XFX 8600GT, samsung optical drive, Via mobos if pc is for gaming and/or linux.

pushkaraj

In the zone
guys , i think we should categorize things in the first page. . no one can read every page in this b4 buying something.. something like choto cheeta's thread where the first page is constantly updated is good to have. what do you guys say ? and plz add in your post whether you want this thread stickied .

+1

For this phone, my friends in Bangalore are not facing any issues at all. Superb quality.

For the same phone, my uncle and my friends in Andhra are facing lot of issues like frequent hang up etc.

Well, apart from the problems i mentioned the phone is a charm:) Trust me, i hav 19 MB free in my 1GB memory stick and the phone has never hanged even once :p

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
add seagate <500gb drives
check this forum for seagate drives\wd\samsung--
*forum.hddguru.com/hard-disk-drives-repair-and-data-recovery-f1/
just count the problems..seagate rules in faults :lol:

and from my own experience if the hdd works it never has any trouble otherwise its just a metal case that u send for repair and get back everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom