Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjstays

Broken In
i would add another trashcan monger...
SONY dvd writer... any models!.. but nething under the sun.. but don buy a sony dvd writer.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i would add another trashcan monger...
SONY dvd writer... any models!.. but nething under the sun.. but don buy a sony dvd writer.

cant agree with u on this 1.i'm using a SONY dvd writer for more than 2yrs and it hasnt created a single prob for me uptill now.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
cant agree with u on this 1.i'm using a SONY dvd writer for more than 2yrs and it hasnt created a single prob for me uptill now.

Same here :).
In fact I am using 3 and none of them giving any problems. Also an LG which is just as good.

Not to buy: Apple iPod. No way to replace battery or service any parts locally (even in Chennai). Too expensive. Little options and locked to iTunes.

praka123

left this forum longback
intel original motherboards-My experience in Kerala is it is not possible to get serviced after warranty period as it is almost unserviceable !:p

Even in warranty time(3yrs),it takes a hell lot of time to get replacement :-|

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
hey add to the list those 2 mobos posted by hellagate (onboard sound issues), 8800GTxxx alpha dog (heat issues) and dynet/cheap rams-poor performer,incompatibility with certain boards

and Nokia N76 -- its body color fades within 2-3months-be it grey or red model..Nokia has no solution for that :|

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Add SONY-NEC(Liteon) DVD Writer (model no AD-1790A) to the list. Drive makes so much noise....and tray mechanism is so very crude...feels like it's gonna just break away one day...ughh!!

But my 3 year old LG DVD writer still works flawlessly...and tray mechanism seems so sophisticated by comparison.

This is Off Topic....and not related to hardware...still..
for folks in Kerala...dont buy Asianet internet connection...sucks BIG time...very slow...and connection problems...after using Asianet when I switched to BSNL...feels like heaven :)

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
@gol-golmal:already knows about asianet internet.ADL sucks.but I have heard good things about their digital cable service :)

clmlbx

Technomancer
1. Sony Dvd Rw's

Reason:- Bought A Pack Of It And All Crashed( Not Working ) After First Used(after Burning) All My Data Lost..4.7 Gb * 5 = 23.5 Gb ..

LOSS OF 23 GB *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/38a.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/38a.gif

2. IBALL BASIC HEADPHONE (RS 200)

REASONG:- GOT REPLACED 5 TIMES IN 2 MONTHS AT LEAST THEY HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER CARE .........

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I specifically suggest Digitians not to buy Seagate SATA I 7 II Drives.
I have changed my Seagate SATA HDD 6 times till now.
I got so annoyed that I have completely stopped using that drive and bought a completely new PATA Seagate 80 GB HDD.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Seagate HDD - Heating issues and more prone to bad sectors than other HDDs like Samsung/Hitcahi/WD

Any H/W from Intex - Low Price, Low quality

axxo

99.9% Idle
Zebronics 500W Platinum

Reason: Replaced twice from the same vendor to get only faulty powersupply

Samsung HDDs

Reason:
2gb hdd - problem after 1 month
40gb hdd - bad sectors after 6 months
80gb hdd - No problem...but my fault to get one of its pin broken

Sony/Liteon DVD writers:
Reason:
Well many says they are performers..but in my case it werent..am saying this after using 1 sony combo drive and 2 liteon dvd writers.

Microtek UPS:
Tried 3 Ups with the same problem....battery down after 1-2yrs of usage.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Those having issues with Sony/Liteon/Seagate drives, can you please mention model numbers and purchase year?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Might be Prakash, you have be referring to older models prior to 2006 end. Seagate HDDs were at their peak at that time but lately, I would say otherwise.

It seems not only we are having favorites, but even the companies have favorite users. :)
My Seagate HDD was well used. It got bad sector in first month itself
Whereas my first Samsung HDD worked for cool 5 years despite of the heavy tortures before it went kaput.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Zebronics 500W Platinum

Reason: Replaced twice from the same vendor to get only faulty powersupply

the same thing happened with me.whenever i put the system to sleep the Zebby 5500W Platinum also went to eternal sleep.sent 2 times but all had the same prob.aftre that bought the CM 650W and no issues uptill now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom