Hardware price list/spec sheet

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously they are better as they are the new race of i-series...but the intent of asking was i read somewhere that as they already hv high clock rates...there is not much room for overclocking...sorry for not asking in a correct way...:)

It's true that sandybridge cpus comes with high stock ( and TB ) speed but not all of them have high clock rates.
So I think they have decent OC headroom - sandy bridge cpus can be oced anything from ~4.5-~5 Ghz using air coolers.
So while buying a sandy bridge cpu the best trick would be to get the cheapest possible cpu with low clock speed.

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
It's true that sandybridge cpus comes with high stock ( and TB ) speed but not all of them have high clock rates.
So I think they have decent OC headroom - sandy bridge cpus can be oced anything from ~4.5-~5 Ghz using air coolers.
So while buying a sandy bridge cpu the best trick would be to get the cheapest possible cpu with low clock speed.

For eg. If we can OC the cheapest sandy bridge cpu ie i5-2300 - stock 2.8 Ghz/3.1 Ghz in TB ( price around $~175 or ~ 8.5k ) to ~4.5 ~5Ghz using air cooler it would be a decent oc.

They can be overclocked till 5ghz....really:shock:....and is it necessary that only those with lower clock rates can be used to get that kind of over-clock...or is it possible with the ones with high clock rates...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
They can be overclocked till 5ghz....really:shock:....and is it necessary that only those with lower clock rates can be used to get that kind of over-clock...or is it possible with the ones with high clock rates...

Higher Clocked CPUs has more OC potential but OCing a lower priced cpu to the sky high speed gives you the most value for your money.

5G? It's just some time to go to enter double digit. Jesus. Kill me somebody.

Yep, ~5 Ghz is only a prediction by me but in one cpu-z screenshot I've seen core i7 2600K has hit 4.7 Ghz speed soi I think ~5 Ghz could be possible.

I just bought Kingston 2GB DDR3 1333 for 1.4k. Is the price all right?

^^Congrats!!Yeah its alright.I too got my Corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz today.I paid 1.35k for it.

Last time Cilus told me Corsair DDR3 2GB 1333 Mhz can be found for as low as Rs. 1050 - so you guys have paid a little bit more for those anyway.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah thats true but for guys like me who stay in Godforsaken places(Bhubaneswar) online stores offer the cheapest.If I had bought from one of the local retailers I would have paid 2.3/2.4k, hence 1.35k is really cheap for me.All the cities in the country don't get the price cuts & it aint possible for everybody to go to cities like Kolkatta & buy the RAM over there.Hope you understand the situation of guys like us.
I was quoted 8.7k for a 5770 a few days back.That should give you a clearer picture.

Oh & Happy New Year 2011 everyone!!!

Last edited:

mrcool63

Journeyman
sunbeam core contact freezer 120mm is rs1950 on primeabgb.com

seasonic s12ii 620w is rs5400 on itwares.com

transcend 2gb ddr3- 1.2k

corsair xms3 ddr3 1600mhz 4gb(2x2gb)CMX4GX3M2A1600C9- rs 2950

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB Single Stick DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL - rs3500

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yeah thats true but for guys like me who stay in Godforsaken places(Bhubaneswar) online stores offer the cheapest.If I had bought from one of the local retailers I would have paid 2.3/2.4k, hence 1.35k is really cheap for me.All the cities in the country don't get the price cuts & it aint possible for everybody to go to cities like Kolkatta & buy the RAM over there.Hope you understand the situation of guys like us.
I was quoted 8.7k for a 5770 a few days back.That should give you a clearer picture.

I understand you better than anyone here bro. Ofcourse cilus does too. Bhubaneshwar lacks distributors so half of the quality components are not even available here.eg-Corsair

So online shopping is the best bet or ordering through relatives if anybody happen to stay in metro cities.

Anyway everybody check the following:

intel sandybridge prices and models

1. Intel® Core™ i7 2600 Processor - 3.4 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Socket 1155 with HT @ 15k
2 Intel® Core™ i5 2400 Processor - 3.1 GHz, 6 MB Cache, Socket 1155 without HT @ 9.9K
3. Intel® Core™ i5 2300 Processor - 2.8 GHz, 6 MB Cache, Socket 1155 without HT @9K

4.Intel® Desktop Board DH67CL ATX , Socket 1155 @ 8.9K
5.Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL uATX, Socket 1155 @ 7.9K

Check this

They claim to ship within 48hrs. The i7 2600 looks promising and may beat i7 950 fair and square but nothin can be concluded without a proper review.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Those are nice prices and may help in reducing the price of core i7 9xx series a bit though I still think intel is counting core i7 9xx series as there top of the line cpu for desktop market and that may change with ivy.

I did not know where from you got the ram so I thought you paid too much. But now I understood it clearly.

@Topgear

I have only paid Rs. 500 till now and rest I have to pay today. Should I press the vendor for a lower price?

If you can why not ?!

ssb1551

Technomancer
I understand you better than anyone here bro. Ofcourse cilus does too. Bhubaneshwar lacks distributors so half of the quality components are not even available here.eg-Corsair

So online shopping is the best bet or ordering through relatives if anybody happen to stay in metro cities.
Thanks buddy!!!God knows when the scenario will change especially on the computer hardware front.
I did not know where from you got the ram so I thought you paid too much. But now I understood it clearly.

Thanks for understanding!!!

tkin

Back to school!!

Anyway everybody check the following:

intel sandybridge prices and models

1. Intel® Core™ i7 2600 Processor - 3.4 GHz, 8 MB Cache, Socket 1155 with HT @ 15k
2 Intel® Core™ i5 2400 Processor - 3.1 GHz, 6 MB Cache, Socket 1155 without HT @ 9.9K
3. Intel® Core™ i5 2300 Processor - 2.8 GHz, 6 MB Cache, Socket 1155 without HT @9K

4.Intel® Desktop Board DH67CL ATX , Socket 1155 @ 8.9K
5.Intel® Desktop Board DH67BL uATX, Socket 1155 @ 7.9K

Check this

They claim to ship within 48hrs. The i7 2600 looks promising and may beat i7 950 fair and square but nothin can be concluded without a proper review.
Any news about K models?? I'm looking at 2600K, that should oc nicely, I ain't gonna spend 15k on a cpu that will OC 200MHz(max), the 2600 model is over priced in that regard.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Any news about K models?? I'm looking at 2600K, that should oc nicely, I ain't gonna spend 15k on a cpu that will OC 200MHz(max), the 2600 model is over priced in that regard.

+1

Tho I'm personally looking towards the i5 2500K.

Wont it be good? Wat say?

tkin

Back to school!!
+1

Tho I'm personally looking towards the i5 2500K.

Wont it be good? Wat say?
Yes, any k model is good, but note this Intel will launch some sandy bridge processors with external clock generators in future(E models) that can be oc'd through the roof, but like all intel high ends these may be priced at 500/1000$, it will also have its own chipset called Z68.

Intel Sandy Bridge E Processors are to come with an unlocked base clock. There are also rumors about a Z68 Chipset that came with what was referred to as “Performance Over Clocking” support

Intel Sandy Bridge E Processors to Come with Unlocked Base Clock - Softpedia

PS: This may be rumor.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Yes, any k model is good, but note this Intel will launch some sandy bridge processors with external clock generators in future(E models) that can be oc'd through the roof, but like all intel high ends these may be priced at 500/1000$, it will also have its own chipset called Z68.

Intel Sandy Bridge E Processors to Come with Unlocked Base Clock - Softpedia

PS: This may be rumor.

Yes,already read abt that,the Z68 n stuff.
But wont these parts cost an arm and a leg too?
For most(who dont wanna oc),i5 2300/2400 shud do the trick.
But price/performance,i52500k is the sweet spot.
IMO going for the sandy bridge makes sense instead of current i79** quad core chips,coz of the AVX and AES NI instructions,whic will come handy in the near future..
Wat say?

tkin

Back to school!!
Yes,already read abt that,the Z68 n stuff.
But wont these parts cost an arm and a leg too?
For most(who dont wanna oc),i5 2300/2400 shud do the trick.
But price/performance,i52500k is the sweet spot.
IMO going for the sandy bridge makes sense instead of current i79** quad core chips,coz of the AVX and AES NI instructions,whic will come handy in the near future..
Wat say?
Clock per clock sandy bridge is faster than nehalem, and yes, avx will take off in future, its an important instruction set unlike sse 4.1 and stuff, any k model sandy bridge should provide good performance, now looking for a good mobo to go with it.(not asus, various memory compatibility issues, my P5Q shows plenty of memory problems like boot failure etc to make me stay away from asus for good, looking at gigabyte/msi).

Top Bottom